Thread: Ancestry DNA Update

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

Ethnic group
    Italian-Siicly-South

Quote Originally Posted by dominique_nuit View Post
    Not sure I’d call it my “corroboration.” More like my 2 cents! I read Eupedia on fairly regular basis, but rarely have anything insightful to say about the studies (and therefore rarely comment). However, you strike me as one of the best new posters here, especially on Italian matters (which are the threads I generally read for obvious reasons).
    Well I meant you corroborated my hypothesis. I think the only way to no for sure is for some DNA samples from from the period when the Normans ruled the Kingdom of Two Sicilies/Kingdom of Naples and see what the DNA signals look like. Everything South of Rome, including Abbruzzo was united, maybe parts of Molise. Pretty much from 1090 to 1190, South Italy was ruled by the King who was Norman, this occurred when the Norman Duke of Apulia united with William of Sicily, also a Norman. Here is a map of the Kingdom of Sicily at its peak power under Roger II

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman...icily_1154.svg

Oh and thanks for appreciating me as a new poster. Much appreciated.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    my new one.................I had 43% french and 26% italian in the previous

interesting..................clicking on each noted area , gives me my closest matches

for North Italy it has surnames ....Torresan and Stangherlin.......both distant relatives !!!
    Fathers mtdna ... T2b17
    Grandfather mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ... K1a4o
    Mum paternal line ... R1b-S8172
    Grandmum paternal side ... I1d1-P109
    Wife paternal line ... R1a-Z282

1 members found this post helpful.
    I think new Ancestry update is similiar to new Ftdna update.
    Today Ftdna update my profile. My new 3.0 is :
    Europe 98%
    Southern Europe
    Italian Peninsula 66%
    Greece & Balkans 30%
    Malta & Sicily 2%
    Middle East 2%
    Middle East
    Southern Levant <1%
    Sephardic Jewish <1%

Instead my previous Ftdna 2.0 was 94%
    Southest Europe and 4% West and Central Europe.

I have also another Ftdna profile with my 23andme v5 chip transferred. Italian became 62% and Greece and balkans 35%.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    My new ancestry dna results: quite impressive and specific, I think; they got it right down to Parma (Emilia)region and Apennines mountains south of it and a strip of the northern Lunigiana. I'm sorry not to see eastern Liguria, but that may be very similar to the Lunigiana anyway.

The French map is interesting to me: it's not Provence, the province closest to Italy and my favorite, but what looks like Languedoc/Occitaine/Auvergne/ Limousin, and Poitou? I'll have to do more exploring there. :) I've always wanted to see Poitiers in particular, and the royal tombs at the Abbey. It may be that Provence is too "southern" and/or Greek like.

As for my small Spanish part, it looks like a central strip of Cantabria, eastern Castile and Leon,western Castilla La Mancha, Murcia, and Andalucia. It includes some of my absolutely favorite Spanish cities: Segovia, Toledo, and Burgos. I don't know the south as well. The only city I saw was Seville. I don't know if that's included.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    My new ancestry dna results: quite impressive and specific, I think; they got it right down to Parma (Emilia)region and Apennines mountains south of it and a strip of the northern Lunigiana. I'm sorry not to see eastern Liguria, but that may be very similar to the Lunigiana anyway.

The French map is interesting to me: it's not Provence, the province closest to Italy and my favorite, but what looks like Languedoc/Occitaine/Auvergne/ Limousin, and Poitou? I'll have to do more exploring there. :) I've always wanted to see Poitiers in particular, and the royal tombs at the Abbey. It may be that Provence is too "southern" and/or Greek like.

As for my small Spanish part, it looks like a central strip of Cantabria, eastern Castile and Leon,western Castilla La Mancha, Murcia, and Andalucia. It includes some of my absolutely favorite Spanish cities: Segovia, Toledo, and Burgos. I don't know the south as well. The only city I saw was Seville. I don't know if that's included.

Now, that's what I'm talking about. Given your results and also torzio's, it seems a good (more accurate) calculator, at least for North Italians. It's about time! A fellow Friulano also scores almost 80% for Northern Italy plus Northeast Italy. Really great!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234