Albanian DNA.land Mediterranean Islander 100%????????

Polumbi2

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L23 (R1b1a1a2a)
mtDNA haplogroup
N1a
Can someone explain to me why I got 100% Mediterranean Islander when 23andme and gencove give me 100% and close to 100% East Med? Thank you.

23andme speculative : 99.9% Balkan, less than 0.1% South Asian

23andme 80% confidence : 97.8% Balkan, 1.6% Broadly Southern European, 0.4% Broadly European, 0.2% Unassigned

23andme conservative : 90.8% Balkan, 6.2% Broadly Southern European, 1.2% Broadly European, 1.9% Unassigned

23andme 5 out of 5 population matches : Albania, Greece, Montenegro

244 Neanderthal variants, less than 86% of 23andMe Customers

Gencove Ancestry : 100% Eastern Mediterranean

DNA.LAND - Ancestry : Mediterranean Islander 100% (Includes : Cypriot in Cyprus; Italian/EastSicilian and Italian/WestSicilian in Italy and Maltese in Malta)

GEDmatch Genesis Dodecad V3 : 1 Mediterranean 36.93%, 2 West_European 26.20% 3 West_Asian 21.86% 4 Southwest_Asian 7.82% 5 East_European 5.25% 6

GEDmatch Genesis EUtest : 1 EAST_MED 22.69%, 2 WEST_MED 20.31%, 3 NORTH-CENTRAL_EUROPE 16.33%, 4 ATLANTIC 14.19%, 5 WEST_ASIAN 13.85%, 6 SOUTH_BALTIC 6.98%, 7 MIDDLE_EASTERN 4.36%, 8 EAST_EURO 1.04%

GEDmatch Genesis Eurogenes K13 : 1 North_Atlantic 22.40%, 2 East_Med 22.10%, 3 West_Med 21.46%, 4 West_Asian 16.85%, 5 Baltic 10.64%, 6 Red_Sea 5.30%, 7 Sub-Saharan 1.24%

GEDmatch Genesis Eurogenes ANE K7 : 1 ENF 48.58%, 2 WHG-UHG 38.32%, 3 ANE 10.57%, 4 East_African 1.74%, 5 ASE 0.79%

Because its **** and albanians remain understudied and underfunded despite being relevant to understanding balkan history

Because its **** and albanians remain understudied and underfunded despite being relevant to understanding balkan history
Thank you for answering, I guess it's just nonsense then.

Thank you for answering, I guess it's just nonsense then.
its not 100% nonsense its picking up on indigenous south european markers. But there is no specificity yet hence why many albanians get "greek/italian" which misleads the public that doesnt know better

Rose Wilder Lane was shortly to move on from the refugee camp that she was visiting in Shkodra when a fellow American Red Cross worker, Frances Hardy, persuaded her to join a small party which was about to embark on an expedition to the northern Albanian mountains to set up schools. “Constantinople’s nothing. Everyone goes to Constantinople. But if you don’t see Albania, you’re wasting the chance of a lifetime. Up in those mountains – right up there in those mountains, a day’s journey from here – the people are living as they lived twenty centuries ago, before the Greek or the Roman or the Slav was ever known. There are prehistoric cities up there, old legends, songs, customs that no one knows anything about. No stranger’s ever even seen them. Great Scott, woman! And you sit there and talk about Constantinople!” “But if nobody goes there, how can we do so?” I said. “How does anyone ever do anything? Simply do it. Hire horses, get on them, and go.” “Carrying our own guns?” “Oh, we’ll be safe enough! We may run into a blood feud or two, and get our guides shot up, but nobody ever harms a woman. Nobody even shoots a man in her presence.”

“Mbase jam e marrë. Po të jesh sigurt se ai që e sheh një herë Shqipërinë, më s’e harron dot, dhe është e pamundurë që të mos e dojë”
Rose Wilder Lane

This thread has been viewed 3689 times.

Back