Have you watched The Big Bang Theory?

• Total voters

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
The Big Bang Theory is one of my favourite shows and one of the best sitcoms of all time. It has currently 31 millions likes on Facebook, ahead of other sitcoms like Two and a Half Men (26 million), How I met your mother (22 millions), Friends (20 millions), The Office (9 million), Seinfeld (4.9 millions) and others that don't reach one million likes.

It's really funny and I like the fact that the main characters are exceptionally gifted scientists.

The only problem with the series is that it is so full of inconsistencies. For example, in two episodes of season 3 Raj says sentences in Hindi then translates them, but in season 10, when Sheldon says some in Hindi, he replies that he doesn't understand because he has never really learned Hindi. I spotted at least 10 inconsistencies like that. That kind of series has episodes written by different people and obviously they don't really take the time to review previous episodes for consistency. Then you have the actress that plays the sperm bank receptionist in the first episode of season 1 that is also the ER receptionist in season 4 and the maternity nurse in season 10. Rather unlikely...

The Big Bang Theory is one of my favourite shows and one of the best sitcoms of all time. It has currently 31 millions likes on Facebook, ahead of other sitcoms like Two and a Half Men (26 million), How I met your mother (22 millions), Friends (20 millions), The Office (9 million), Seinfeld (4.9 millions) and others that don't reach one million likes.

It's really funny and I like the fact that the main characters are exceptionally gifted scientists.

The only problem with the series is that it is so full of inconsistencies. For example, in two episodes of season 3 Raj says sentences in Hindi then translates them, but in season 10, when Sheldon says some in Hindi, he replies that he doesn't understand because he has never really learned Hindi. I spotted at least 10 inconsistencies like that. That kind of series has episodes written by different people and obviously they don't really take the time to review previous episodes for consistency. Then you have the actress that plays the sperm bank receptionist in the first episode of season 1 that is also the ER receptionist in season 4 and the maternity nurse in season 10. Rather unlikely...

I've never watched it, but I will when I get the chance, to see what it's all about.

Yes! I like it.I can watch it for few times! Funny sitcom

I find it very funny. There are a lot of American sitcoms and comedy shows that don't even make me smile (example: Saturday Night Live), but The Big Bang Theory is really funny to me.

A lot of peope find it very funny and it's ok. I'm a little bit sensitive about represention of scientists: they are sexist, unable to comminicate with girls, socially isolated, nerds, geeks, etc. That is not how the real scientists live and think.

I know, it's just a show, but I hate promoting foolish stereotypes. If I ignore all that...yes, it can be funny.

Sometimes, but i prefer Two man and half (in Italy they broadcast them every day except weekend on Italia 1 channel)

I don't like either show, fwi, although I really am not a situation comedy fan in general. Two and a Half Men in particular I find sexist and vulgar. I absolutely hated Sex and the City. Never associated with any women remotely like that. Heck, some of the actresses said they never in their lives acted like that. I had trouble with Seinfeld too sometimes, although I watched it; the characters were too selfish without getting punished for it if that makes sense.

The only one with new episodes I watch occasionally nowadays is "Curb Your Enthusiasm", partly because the writing is so smart. I suppose I also like it because as an inveterate rule follower socially and as a people pleaser keen to not give offense in social situations it's a way of living vicariously through in the shoes of someone with no social skills or filter for a half hour, and on the other hand it's a way to feel superior to him because he's such a selfish jerk. It's also satisfying to see how you can mess up your life when you live like that. Unlike in Friends, he pays for what he does.

Veep is another one I like; just confirms for me that all politicians are hypocritical, stupid jerks. Plus, if you know American politics you can see actual real politicians being skewered.

The one that appeals to the "real" me, is probably "Everybody Loves Raymond". I've watched every single episode. Unfortunately there are no new episodes, but I still watch re-runs of it.

Most of my comedy watching now is through specials, i.e. Ray Romano, Robin Williams (I can watch them over and over again), Jim Gaffigan, Bill Burr, Sebastian Maniscalco.

@Italo,
SNL stopped being funny years and years ago. You're not alone.

Yes, Sex and the City is also something I hate. And Two and a Half man. And Friends.

Don't want to offend anyone who loves them. Raymond was ok and Seinfeld.

Yes, Sex and the City is also something I hate. And Two and a Half man. And Friends.

Don't want to offend anyone who loves them. Raymond was ok and Seinfeld.

Everyone is different individually and not just men or women and on and on. No judging. :)

FWI, I never watched Friends either. I did watch Seinfeld, but sporadically.

Usually, I start watching shows on re-runs. I can't be bothered to remember which show is on which channel on which day and time. That's why I wind up watching more Prime Video and things like that than "network" or even specialty channel shows.

Lately I watch less and less television or even movies. I should just cancel Netlix and HBO Max, and maybe even Prime Video, although the latter has older movies on it.

Everything is too WOKE for me. It spoils the shows, especially if they're supposedly doing something which was originally a book.

It was mildly amusing at times. I liked the opening lines of the theme song: "The whole universe was in a hot dense state when expansion started...." A pithy summary of the big bang theory in 12 words, and hopefully of some educational value to millions of young people in the audience who will remember those 12 words due to multiple repetitions with music. Perhaps only later in life will they realize how profound those words are and how they also encapsulate the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

This thread has been viewed 5552 times.

Back