Amerindians are significant Western shifted genetically

Qamdalan

Reaction score
This seems to be true that they get their Western ancestry from ANE which is mostly Western shifted cluster with around 25 to 30% ASE (Onge related) ENA/East Eurasian ancestry.

I believe these PCAs might show where Native Americans should plot genetically

In the first PCA, Totonac (on average 100% pure Amerindian) and Bolivians (who are around 12% Euro on average) but varied between 0 to 48% European admixture depending on individual are in genetic cluster between CHB/JPT (Han Chinese from Beijing, Japanese from Tokyo) and CEU (European Americans from Utah).

I got the PCA data from here: https://bmcgenet.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2156-13-39

This is the original version of the PCA:
F3ryoQI.jpg

I decided to do some modifications to the PCA to show the West Eurasian shiftedness of Totonacs and Bolivians.

vRr01ga.png

Comparing with this with the simplification of the same PCA to show the Amerindian % of the samples

ygPGsgX.png

As you can see in the modified PCA, the Totonac cluster who are on average 100% Amerindian are around ~ 28 to 31% Western shifted while the Bolivian cluster who have substantial Euro admix are around 44 to 53% Western shifted. There are however, several Bolivians who are less Euro admixed and closer to Totonac cluser while there is one Bolivian outlier on PCA who has the highest~ 48% Euro admix.

Now here is the Second PCA to prove my point

Amerindians are here again between the East Eurasian and West Eurasian populations. The Totonac (who are 100% Amerindians) actually cluster closer to Kyrgyz who are the first CS Asian cluster, while Bolivians since they have Euro admix (again, are on average 12% Euro but can varied from 0% to 48% Euro depending on individuals) cluster closer to Nepalis who are the second CS Asian cluster. Meanwhile the third CS Asian cluster which is Pakistanis show a shift towards Iraqis and Europeans (Slovenians, CEU).

uamnNhP.png

Third PCA. Amerindians are between ANE and Han here

PblLwBj.jpg
(Credits and thanks to Petalpusher from TA)

This thread has been viewed 2382 times.

Back