Austria and Hungary

Kouts

Reaction score
Hi all. New here. If disgused before just refer me to the discussion.

I am very curious about the genetic composition of Austrians compared to south Germans and also compared to their neighbours to the east. Is there a divide within Austria?

From history one would suspect that the modern Austrian population is genetically very diverse, even without counting the inflow of economic immigrants the last 70 years.

Anyway are their any data available or theories proposed. Since that although the Austrians are a bit nationalistic or have strong localist tendencies they are not obsessed with ancestry as for example my fellow Balkan compatriots and neighbours.

Is it because they have a sense of national identity that is more "constitutional",maybe because of WW2 or is it because Austrians as a country population are even more diverse that many Balkan countries...so ancestry issues are put aside??

As said if discussed before please refer me to the discussion.

Cheers

I'm also very interested in the genetic diversity of Austrians. I haven't seen too many legitimate studies about this topic. I think Austrians have a significant amount of Slavic ancestry especially towards the south and east of the country. I would think upper Austrians and those from Salzburg region would be just like south Germans and tyrolians in-between south Germans and Italians. Hopefully someone who knows more about the subject can comment.

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

This thread has been viewed 2306 times.

Back