Share your MyHeritage DNA Ethnicity Estimates

@Duarte :cool-v:
I guess the complaint should also apply to “Iberia”, no distinctions between Spaniards and Portuguese.

@Duarte :cool-v:
I guess the complaint should also apply to “Iberia”, no distinctions between Spaniards and Portuguese.

It is true. I totally agree with you. This is very frustrating on MyHeritage and FTDNA. LM Genetics made this distinction for me. I know that LM is based on Eurogenes and nMonte 3, which a lot of people criticize. But for me it was the only one that made distinctions between regions of Portugal and between Portugal and Spain. A big hug dear friend. (y):)

aCiVwnU.jpg

GgIrFcu.jpg

YXKb64n.jpg

It is true. I totally agree with you. This is very frustrating on MyHeritage and FTDNA. LM Genetics made this distinction for me. I know that LM is based on Eurogenes and nMonte 3, which a lot of people criticize. But for me it was the only one that made distinctions between regions of Portugal and between Portugal and Spain. A big hug dear friend. (y):)

aCiVwnU.jpg

GgIrFcu.jpg

YXKb64n.jpg
from AncestryDna Regional Community:

zcb1es1.jpg

1bYNye8.jpg

eDcVjaO.jpg

LyLmq0f.jpg

(... still no Salento, but that’s a different story) LOL

from AncestryDna Regional Community:

zcb1es1.jpg

1bYNye8.jpg

eDcVjaO.jpg

LyLmq0f.jpg

(... still no Salento, but that’s a different story) LOL

This is very cool(y). But, unfortunately, in Brazil we do not have access to Ancestry/23andMe’s testing Kits.:sad-2:

This is very cool(y). But, unfortunately, in Brazil we do not have access to Ancestry/23andMe’s testing Kits.:sad-2:

Hopefully they’ll enter the Brazilian Market soon.

With regrets, I deleted my 23 accounts, I didn't agree with a few aspects of their business model.
Maybe I’ll test again with the next new V#-chip, if ...

I've heard that My Heritage throw 1% in to discourage racism, It'd be a shame and dishonest if it were true.

Is there anybody heard similar things?

I'm not seeing anything in the way of updates. Maybe the updates were more south European centered and they'll have some updates for Northern Europe sometime soon.

lrzOQdA.png

xRWnfZh.png

No update for me in Ancestry so far. It's been the same since last fall when I received my results. I think?

nhzBUXd.png

no change for me for over a year

No change for me (left) or my Mother (right) either. Still as crappy a report as ever…

Capture-d-cran-2019-09-04-08-22-06.png

Hopefully they’ll enter the Brazilian Market soon....

I hope that yes dear friend Salento. It would be great 23andMe and Ancestry in Brazil. But, with the new government and its follies, I have doubts if any foreign company would be interested to make business in Brazil. :grin::LOL:

No change for me (left) or my Mother (right) either. Still as crappy a report as ever…

Capture-d-cran-2019-09-04-08-22-06.png

the significant sefhardic- north african could come from your campania heritage
i saw full campanians who score it probably just shared med allells

All supported ethnicities 'MyHeritage':

FE2465K.png

About Italy in 'MyHeritage':

lTdS7tY.png

YmEBLp5.png

All supported ethnicities 'Family Tree DNA - FTDNA':

jSJW9D0.png

About Italy in 'Family Tree DNA - FTDNA':

J2HtBw9.png

7yHhiwe.png

Thanks for posting those descriptions. I'd give you an up-vote, but it doesn't seem possible on this thread.

It is funny how some people either try to say that Southern Italians, are less Italian or they deny the concept of ethnicity. When in fact I have two genetic components that have been in Italy, thousands of years.

sPAOjqX.png

FYI

I still think myheritage is a garbage quality test.

Last edited:
MyHeritage results screenshot-www.myheritage.com-2019.09.04-10_57_49.jpg

Europe
100.0%
North and West Europe
99.0%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh
67.2%
North and West European
31.8%
East Europe
1.0%

Thanks for posting those descriptions. I'd give you an up-vote, but it doesn't seem possible on this thread.

It is funny how some people either try to deny the concept of ethnicity, or that Southern Italians, are less Italian. When in fact I have two genetic components that have been in Italy, thousands of years.

sPAOjqX.png

FYI

I still think myheritage is a garbage quality test.

You’re kind, Jovialis, and you’re ever welcome dear friend (y):)

the significant sefhardic- north african could come from your campania heritage
i saw full campanians who score it probably just shared med allells

Yes, I don't know (I'm no expert, just a newbie). I don't understand why some have it, and some don't. I have relatively close matches from Campania who don't show Sefardic ancestry on MH but who show Middle Eastern instead, or just North African but not Sephardic. And all from the same family. I guess it just shows that MH is not reliable at all?

Is there anybody heard similar things?

or:

The genetic makeup of an ethnicity is made up by the ratio of various ancient populations.

The company decides which numerical ratio is to be assigned to every ethnicity (Ethnic Average).

If the value/number of a population is a bit higher of the ethnic average, they’ll add the extra % of that population in the final results by itself.

It can also depends on how far back in time a Company does the test.

Bear in mind that over half the World's population, at one time or another, they were all in Asia Minor, most left, some didn’t or they didn’t go far. (Minestrone :)

Yes, I don't know (I'm no expert, just a newbie). I don't understand why some have it, and some don't. I have relatively close matches from Campania who don't show Sefardic ancestry on MH but who show Middle Eastern instead, or just North African but not Sephardic. And all from the same family. I guess it just shows that MH is not reliable at all?

probably there is also overlap with the middel eastern and north african to some extent
there is a woman from gozo malta who scored 14.5% sefhardic in my heritage so i think a mixture of north african+ middel eastern
and my heritage randomly chose Sephardi for her.....

p.s
any way after israel it is cyprus and than italy who score the highest % of this ethnicity in there map of countries according to my heritage ......

Europe
63,0%
Southern Europe
39,1%
Italian
22,9%
Iberian
16,2%
Northern and Western Europe
23,9%
Irish , Scottish and Welsh
12,4%
North West Europe
11,5%
America
24,9%
Central and South America
24,9%
Mesoamerican and Andean
22,9%
Amazonian Native
2,0%
Middle East
6,7%
Middle East
6,7%
Middle East
6,7%
Asia
4,4%
Western Asia
4,4%
Western Asia
4,4%
Africa
1,0%
East Africa
1,0%
Kenian
1,0%
Xxxxxx
100,0%

My ancestors on the paternal side are 100% Italian, and on the maternal side they are mixed, with Iberian ancestors, Native Americans and sub-Saharan Africa (and also an Italian ancestor). I am surprised by Irish, Scottish and Welsh ancestors ... I suppose they refer to distant Celtic ancestors and not to people of these modern nationalities. And it seems to me a mistake to include the Central American population, since being a population with origin in three races, it confuses more than clarifies the origins of a person.

These ethnicity estimates should never be taken seriously. Any company, not only MH.

This thread has been viewed 49322 times.

Back