Share your DNA Land Ancestry Composition

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
In 2017 I started a thread encouraging users to share their 23andMe Ancestry Composition to get a better idea of what each admixture corresponds to. This resulted in the making of distribution maps for each European admixture. I would now like to do the same for people who have uploaded their autosomal results (from any testing company) to DNA Land.

Please only share your results if all your ancestors come from the same country! Kindly also mention your ancestral region(s) within that country so that results can be classify more accurately.

From Eastern Emilia/Romagna

West Eurasian 100%:

• South European 58% (South/Central European 55% + Balkan 3.2%)
  • Mediterranean Islander 28%
  • North Slavic 14%

mine ....Veneto Italy
West Eurasian 100%

South European 61%
..........South/Central European 34%
..........Balkan 27%
Northwest European 25%
Southwestern European 9.6%
..........Sardinian 8.4%
..........Southwestern European 1.2%
North Slavic 2.4%
Kalash 1.2%

Me:

West Eurasian: 100%
Balkan-95%
Sardinian-5%

Mother: Puka, Albania

Balkan-100%

Father: Okshtun i Vogel, Diber, Albania

Balkan-92%
Sardinian-8%

My ancestral home is on the islands of Hiiumaa and Saarema, Estonia.

My DNA.LAND report is 100% West Eurasian
North East European 87% ( 53% North Slavic and 29% Finnish.)
North West European 12%
Ambiguous 1.3%

Deleted...

Last edited:
DNA Land accepts raw data from most companies so it is good for comparisons:

https://dna.land

1. I will start with results of 4 ethnic Poles from the region of Greater Poland:

gLwylup.png

ii0Doot.png

CKdQTPe.png

Xp8uurK.png

I will add more results from this region (as well as from other Polish regions) later.

Here a blank map of Europe with regional borders. I highlighted Greater Poland:

https://i.imgur.com/qvXGFSz.png

qvXGFSz.png

Full Spanish ancestry. One parent from Extremadura and the another from Eastern Andalucia

Southernwestern European -> 73%

Mediterranean Islander -> 25%

South European (Ambiguous) -> 1.1%

mine ....Veneto Italy
West Eurasian 100%

South European 61%
..........South/Central European 34%
..........Balkan 27%
Northwest European 25%
Southwestern European 9.6%
..........Sardinian 8.4%
..........Southwestern European 1.2%
North Slavic 2.4%
Kalash 1.2%

one of my son below

West Eurasian 100%

South European 58%
..........South/Central European 39%
..........Balkan 19%
Northwest European 27%
Southwestern European 8.4%
..........Sardinian 8.4%
North Slavic 3.0%
Ambiguous 1.2%

my 1st cousin paternal side

West Eurasian 100%

South European 79%
..........South/Central European 68%
..........Balkan 11%
Northwest European 14%
..........Sardinian 3.8%
North Slavic 2.0%
Ambiguous 1.1%

From Jutland.

West Eurasian 100%

Northwest European 82%

Northeast European 17%

Finnish 11%

North Slavic 5.3%

Ashkenazi 1.4%

What is the difference of Sardinian and Med Islander different?

Mine is unusual for Balkan guy (Kosovo), having Mediterranean Islander 14 % and Sardinian 10 %, along with Sidonian Ydna (1700 BCE Sidon J2-M205 aDNA), its pretty clear that daddy was ancient sea traveler :p
North Africa was probably also picked up by sailing that Mediterranean. Come at me jelly guys :annoyed:

2thcgW4.jpg

What is the difference of Sardinian and Med Islander different?

Mediterranean Islander

Includes: Cypriot in Cyprus; Italian/EastSicilian and Italian/WestSicilian in Italy and Maltese in Malta
Does not include: Egyptian in Egypt; Tunisian in Tunisia; Albanian in Albania; Greek in Greece; Palestinian in (Central) Israel; Sardinian and Toscani in (Sardinia and 1 other site) Italy; Syrian in Syrian and Turkish in (Adana, Aydin, Kayseri and 1 other site) Turkey

Sardinian

Includes: Sardinian in (Sardinia) Italy
Does not include: Algerian in Algeria; Tunisian in Tunisia; Basque/French in France and Italian/WestSicilian, Italian/Bergamo, Italian/Tuscan and Toscani in (Bergamo, Tuscany and 2 other sites) Italy

Mine is unusual for Balkan guy (Kosovo), having Mediterranean Islander 14 % and Sardinian 10 %, along with Sidonian Ydna (1700 BCE Sidon J2-M205 aDNA), its pretty clear that daddy was ancient sea traveler :p
North Africa was probably also picked up by sailing that Mediterranean. Come at me jelly guys :annoyed:

2thcgW4.jpg

Mediterranean Islander

Includes: Cypriot in Cyprus; Italian/EastSicilian and Italian/WestSicilian in Italy and Maltese in Malta
Does not include: Egyptian in Egypt; Tunisian in Tunisia; Albanian in Albania; Greek in Greece; Palestinian in (Central) Israel; Sardinian and Toscani in (Sardinia and 1 other site) Italy; Syrian in Syrian and Turkish in (Adana, Aydin, Kayseri and 1 other site) Turkey

Sardinian

Does not include: Algerian in Algeria; Tunisian in Tunisia; Basque/French in France and Italian/WestSicilian, Italian/Bergamo, Italian/Tuscan and Toscani in (Bergamo, Tuscany and 2 other sites) Italy

But the bulk of you is from Balkan .. so ... but the strange thing is that you are a lot Sardinian !!

But the bulk of you is from Balkan .. so ... but the strange thing is that you are a lot Sardinian !!

Yea, im alright with whatever i get, im just joking! Except for jelly guys, they are real : )
Where is yours?

Also where is Maciamos since he opened thread : )

BTW, Balkan shore therefore Adriatic Sea is also part of Mediterranean Sea :heart:

Last edited:
Mediterranean Islander

Sardinian

If your description is true, Med Islander sounds missing naming. East Med Island sounds more rational, doesn't it?

Me, Swede:
100% West Eurasian
- 74% Northwest European
- 23% Northeast European
22% Finnish
1,5% North Slavic

Mom, Swede:
100% West Eurasian
- 66% Northwest European
- 26% Northeast European
19% Finnish
7,2% North Slavic
- 8% Sardinian

Dad, Swede:
100% West Eurasian
- 70% Northwest European
- 30% Northeast European
14% Finnish
16% North Slavic

I have no idea why my mom have gotten Sardinian in her results :embarassed:

Maciamo, this is what I've observed so far when it comes to Polish DNA Land results.

First let's take a look at regions:

Current version: https://www.eupedia.com/images/design/Poland_regional_DNA_project.png

Possible update: https://i.imgur.com/SgsPDFM.png

Here is how I group them:

Western Poles = Kashubia, Northern Poland, Greater Poland and Upper Silesia
Central & South Poles = West Masovia, Central Poland, Lesser Poland & West Mountains
North-East Poles = Sudovia-Podlachia, the rest of Masovia and Warmia-Masuria*
South-East Poles = Red Ruthenia, Eastern Mountains and possibly Lublin Land

*Unless mixed with Germans, which is very probable for Warmia-Masuria.

Now here is how they score in DNA Land, when it comes to "North Slavic":

Western Poles score about 45-70% North Slavic (it is possible that some get less than 45%)
Central & South Poles score 60-80% North Slavic, the rest North-West Euro and some South Euro
North-Eastern Poles score 70-90% North Slavic (it is possible that some can get over 90%)
South-Eastern Poles score 50-85% North Slavic, the rest mostly South Euro (especially Balkan)

Now as for other admixtures:

South-East Poles score a lot of Southern Euro (usually Balkan but can be even SW Euro).

North-West Poles (especially Kashubians) usually score 0% Southern European, 0% Balkan.

Balkan - or South Euro in general - admixture is highest in South-East Poland, then declines as you go north and west. Upper Silesians and Western Lesser Poles still get as much as 15-20% Balkan or other Southern Euro (including Iberian, Italian, Med Islander). The rest is split between North Slavic and NW Euro.

Greater Poland gets 8% to 16% (average probably 10-12%) Southern Euro (Balkan, Med Islander, SW, SC, etc.).

Kashubians, as I said, usually get 0% of Southern Euro (I suppose in Northern Poland it is from 5% to 10%).

In South-East Poland, some people can score even 30% up to 40% Balkan, twice as much as in Upper Silesia.

South-East Poland usually gets North Slavic (50-85%), Balkan (up to 30-40%) and some Western (SW or NW).

Sudovia (northern portion of Sudovia-Podlachia) likely gets 85-90% North Slavic, the rest South & West.

This is actually a Pole from Belarus and his Y-DNA haplogroup is Baltic (N1c):

http://i.imgur.com/ToizhzM.png

ToizhzM.png

His ancestry is from areas A and B (one parent was born close to Latvian border):

luLrkpU.png

From what I've noticed ethnic Belarusians usually score over 90% North Slavic.

This thread has been viewed 28387 times.

Back