Thread: Updated phylogenetic tree of E-V13

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13>Y41980>FTA49507
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

Ethnic group
    Eurasian American Mutt

That BY3880 really got around...eh? Some how I wound up with the Danes... Not sure If the Romans invited my line in to Caledonia to help fight the Picts or if I arrived with the Vikings or much later with the Normans...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by EV13SON View Post
    That BY3880 really got around...eh? Some how I wound up with the Danes... Not sure If the Romans invited my line in to Caledonia to help fight the Picts or if I arrived with the Vikings or much later with the Normans...
    I would say with Roman legions but it looks to me most of British subclades are either some rare E-V13 Z5018/S2979 or older branches, and none from E-V13 Z5017 which from Viminacium paper we could see was widespread among Daco-Thracians.

Since E-V13 is quite few in percentage among British, and if it was totally absent among the more Western Celts/Gauls i suppose some of it came via Anglo-Saxons considering E-V13 is popping out sometimes in Eastern German territory during Middle Age samples.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I would say with Roman legions but it looks to me most of British subclades are either some rare E-V13 Z5018/S2979 or older branches, and none from E-V13 Z5017 which from Viminacium paper we could see was widespread among Daco-Thracians.

Since E-V13 is quite few in percentage among British, and if it was totally absent among the more Western Celts/Gauls i suppose some of it came via Anglo-Saxons considering E-V13 is popping out sometimes in Eastern German territory during Middle Age samples.

I think it was trickling in at a low level into Britain at different times. In some areas, I think it came rather with the Normans and their allies, rather than the Anglo-Saxons, but with those too, as they did with La Tene Celts and in the Roman era.

Once we get more samples from France and the BENELUX, we see more clearly whether some of the British branches came already in the Late Bronze to Iron Age, or with the later people. Some of them are German derived too possibly, I mean German emigrants to Britain.

In some areas of Ireland it looks like there is an increased E-V13 level with Norman settlement, but the data is not good enough for coming to definitive conclusions at this point, because like always, we need the high resolution and ancient DNA samples, to prove the trail. But there was definitely some movement of E-V13 into Britain with the Norman invasion.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

We have a new E-L618* root coming from Northern Egypt, and yeah the guy is not a migrant from Libya, it's the opposite, part of his family moved to Libya. They are originally Egyptian in origin.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678