JajarBingan

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Romanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-PH908*, DYS561=15
mtDNA haplogroup
T2a1b1a
I decided to create some maps that use the Y-DNA data from Eupedia to compute the similarity rate between European countries (+Turkey and Caucasus).

Obviously, this doesn't necessarily indicate direct ancestry or anything like that since the haplos are taken at the root level, i.e. R1b instead of a specific subclade.

I've started with Southeast Europe and I'll do the rest of the regions in the coming days.

Southeast Europe

Cez2BHy.png

5GNa1Lb.png

2hs5Ihg.png

D3Uj6K6.png

Fwie3CY.png

uDyvCNH.png

TXsEhL0.png

Y0349AB.png

8FdHGEQ.png

UhW4D27.png

kiw9rry.png

qvEh5ke.png

I think you have some old data on Albania which is clearly visible from the fact that is not matching with Kosovo. I find it strange that Bulgaria and Romania are closer to Albania than Montenegro.

Edit: That's because you've probably you've taken into account the amount of J2, but Albania has mostly J2b and Greece has J2a, so if you do the split Albania should be closest to Kosovo, Montenegro, and perhaps Macedonia.

Also, hap E in Albania is about 32% or more as more and more people are being tested so in the Albanian DNA project we're seeing more E-V13, J2b2, and surprisingly I1.

Also, hap E in Albania is about 32% or more as more and more people are being tested so in the Albanian DNA project we're seeing more E-V13, J2b2, and surprisingly I1.

Where did you get that percentage from?

Good initiative, Jarjar. What formula do you use to calculate the similarity rate?

As Zanatis mentioned for J2a vs J2b, sometimes subclades do matter quite a lot and may skew the results. For example, most R1a in Southeast Europe is Slavic, but in Moldova more than half of it is Iranian/Scythian R1a-Z93.

Good initiative, Jarjar. What formula do you use to calculate the similarity rate?

As Zanatis mentioned for J2a vs J2b, sometimes subclades do matter quite a lot and may skew the results. For example, most R1a in Southeast Europe is Slavic, but in Moldova more than half of it is Iranian/Scythian R1a-Z93.

I've used this methodology. Certainly, it would be more meaningful if the data was split into subclades, but unfortunately for most countries in Europe, there aren't enough samples at that level. So the output won't be quite representative of the reality.

I think you have some old data on Albania which is clearly visible from the fact that is not matching with Kosovo. I find it strange that Bulgaria and Romania are closer to Albania than Montenegro.

Edit: That's because you've probably you've taken into account the amount of J2, but Albania has mostly J2b and Greece has J2a, so if you do the split Albania should be closest to Kosovo, Montenegro, and perhaps Macedonia.

I've only used the data from Eupedia, since it's standardised to the same format. If you think that the data for Kosovo is not representative of the actual spread, then feel free to share the samples with Maciamo and he will probably add them to the public repository.

His real target is Hungary,he wants to label them as Balkano-Slavic,because the Szeklers have to be the true Magyars.

He has that Albanoid-Vlach extreme shepherd ness that makes even the very civilised Transylvanian Hungarians from a Romanian forum to go crazy.

He thinks that the Romanians have entered the Hungarian Kingdom from Serbia and Croatia,Vlachianizing,Balkanizing,Albanizing,most of the regions,except for the Szekelyland.

He comes from a region of Romania where bears and wolves are just one glass friends.

His real target is Hungary,he wants to label them as Balkano-Slavic,because the Szeklers have to be the true Magyars.

He has that Albanoid-Vlach extreme shepherd ness that makes even the very civilised Transylvanian Hungarians from a Romanian forum to go crazy.

He thinks that the Romanians have entered the Hungarian Kingdom from Serbia and Croatia,Vlachianizing,Balkanizing,Albanizing,most of the regions,except for the Szekelyland.

He comes from a region of Romania where bears and wolves are just one glass friends.

Actually you are being speculative, judgmental and racist. If you don't have anything to to say on the validity of the argument, it is wiser to say nothing.

Actually you are being speculative, judgmental and racist. If you don't have anything to to say on the validity of the argument, it is wiser to say nothing.

I'd better not see this tone next time.

In reality,you are bothered because I have spoken about the autosomes,which are much more important.

You stupid Serb *****,do no use these kind of words...

If you are not able to speak like a man,then shut the **** up!

Can you give the Y-DNA similarity between Poland other European countries? I’m curious to know which european country is the most similar to Poland, the land of my ancestors.

This thread has been viewed 15781 times.

Back