Living DNA results

Leandros

Reaction score
Since my other thread got invaded by a *****, ill try again. These are my results:

Autosomal
Europe : 85.5%
Near East( Cyprus and Armenia):13.3%
South Asia : 1.2%

Y haplotype: I2( I-S17250)

mtDNA: U5b2a

My question is, how accurate are the results for 1.2%? I dont have any ancestor from there or any of them married a gypsy.

Can it be that some of the south Asians tested had some similarities, due to ancient Greek colonies there?

Please, answer seriously.
Thanks.

Στάλθηκε από το PE-TL10 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Does my phenotype has any south Asian trait? IMG_20180428_184445.jpgIMG_20180221_114259.jpg

It could be ancient dna traces, or noise.
LivingDNA frequently assign some Asian results to Europeans.
Disregard it.
Keep in mind that they compare similarities in the data, maybe they are 1.2% ancient, ancient Greeks.
Every DNA testing Company will give different results, some you’ll like, some you won’t.
Get used to, and don’t take this results literally.
You should Apologize to the Gipsy, and move on.

It could be ancient dna traces, or noise.
LivingDNA frequently assign some Asian results to Europeans.
Disregard it.
Keep in mind that they compare similarities in the data, maybe they are 1.2% ancient, ancient Greeks.
Every DNA testing Company will give different results, some you’ll like, some you won’t.
Get used to, and don’t take this results literally.
You should Apologize to the Gipsy, and move on.
My apologies to the noble gypsies [emoji23]

You look Greek, Leandros. Where are your parents from?
Both sides are from northern Greece, specifically the thracian region.

Both sides are from northern Greece, specifically the thracian region.

Are your parents native of the region or people who settled there during the exchange of population with Turkey?

Are your parents native of the region or people who settled there during the exchange of population with Turkey?
My family is from eastern thrace, so, they were kicked out of there when Turks invaded. And they went to western Thrace, mainly Alexandroupolis.

The best thing to do with any results from dna testing companies is to compare to other people of your nationality, or other people tested. If everybody gets it, or a lot of people, it's unlikely to be within a genealogical time frame.

As others have said, this company seems to give small amounts of South Asian to many Europeans. That probably means that given the clusters they use, this is left over or excess ancestry perhaps from migrations from the steppe after the Bronze Age ones.

The best thing to do with any results from dna testing companies is to compare to other people of your nationality, or other people tested. If everybody gets it, or a lot of people, it's unlikely to be within a genealogical time frame.

As others have said, this company seems to give small amounts of South Asian to many Europeans. That probably means that given the clusters they use, this is left over or excess ancestry perhaps from migrations from the steppe after the Bronze Age ones.
I guessed that, too. Possibly. Because many migrations from Europe, especially Greece, happened towards there

Do you score some South Asian on Gedmatch analysis?

Do you score some South Asian on Gedmatch analysis?
Are these any reliable. Because the results make no sense...Z666730_A31AC3.gifZ666730_C91C90.gifZ666730_C99C50.gifZ666730_906720.gifZ666730_B65775.gif

One moreZ666730_28988A.gif

Is it different from the normal GEDmatch?

It's better for Living DNA's raw data. The results are almost similar though.

It's better for Living DNA's raw data. The results are almost similar though.
Yea it still resulted in giving me 1.7% east Asian [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

One way to see if its just a misread of some other component or noise is to save up 99$ if you can and buy a 23andme test and compare and contrast by uploading their raw data to gedmatch and other sites like Geneplaza. If it still shows up and you are curious you can test both your parents to get a clearer picture.

LivingDna didnt give me any south asian

This thread has been viewed 27280 times.

Back