Communism in Albania [emoji1025]

You left a big whole in your chest here Lab lol
I'm not undermining your region but saying that it's the most influential region in Albania is too much as it's not even in the Top 3. Vlora was chosen for a political reason as South was not even free from Ottomans or Greeks. If you want to go by level of influence, first it's North-West Albania that was actually never fully submitted and gained it's independence way before the rest and it was there were the flag was first raised, in the peak of Deciq in Montenegro. Second to place comes Kosovo and I'm not gonna go and explain it because everyone one knows how much they bled for Albania's independence only to lose theirs in the end and not to mention the fact that our communist scum betrayed them after WW2. Then you can starting talking about the rest of North Albania like Mirdita, and Laberia, and so on.

It seems that you agree with me that there was no need nor actual cause for war but as always Albanians being manipulated and raised against the country that did the least bad to us in our entire history, Italy. My grandfather was a very high ranked who's name is everywhere in today's newspapers for WW2 or communism related topics so I don't like to share personal info and we know for a fact that Italians didn't even want to fight us and they were shooting in the air and retreating They were humane and forced to be there but our beasts couldn't wait to draw blood at first sight. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of those "beasts" an I'm not some modern day "Euro-Albanian" acting up all civilized and hating on our true values as Albanians. Just to say that it was a misplaced anger.

Yeah we have to start with these mountain regions because blevins asked how it began and they were the tool used to bring communism not some anti-Albanian scum from a party created by Serbs. Like I said before, look at the list of non-Albanians in Bureau and that of "fallen hereos". Enver Hoxha himself was from Gjirokastra but his family moved there recently and nobody knew where he was from with claims being from Montenegro. Same suspicions were raised for Nexhmije being Slavic Muslim just like Ramiz Alia was a Bosniak from Shkodra and these are the hidden ones because the Vlachs, Serbs, and Greeks are known by everyone as they were influential leaders. They had no interest in Albania whatsoever and their loyalty lies beyond the border.

Zanatis my compatriot, you are to quick on the draw, take some time to answer....lets’ give this discussion an academic approach, with some references....it will be more helpful for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Zanatis my compatriot, you are to quick on the draw, take some time to answer....lets’ give this discussion an academic approach, with some references....it will be more helpful for everyone.
In which part I was too quick on the draw as you say?

Which part needs academic approach? I provided names which makes the subject research-friendly. Unfortunately non-Albanians cannot achieve much through research but we have seen plenty of documentaries on communism and these topics were touched many times by our media, then discussed by several influential scholars and politicians.

In general, I prefer a balanced social society similar to Nordic Countries with a healthy middle class, everything else is a ticking bomb. To answer your question, if the poor become a majority, and no middle class than boom [emoji95], textbook scenario as you say. I will rest my argument here for today.

The point is how do they get rich, from miserable of third world countries?

In which part I was too quick on the draw as you say?

Which part needs academic approach? I provided names which makes the subject research-friendly. Unfortunately non-Albanians cannot achieve much through research but we have seen plenty of documentaries on communism and these topics were touched many times by our media, then discussed by several influential scholars and politicians.

Read my post, let’s give this discussion an academic approach...... if you know the work of some influential scholars post it.

This report gives a good idea what was going on in 1945 in Albania.
Prepared by The Department of State Special Mission at Tirana J. E. Jacobs, Head of Mission Harry T. Fultz, Special Assistant William M. Lauman, Special Assistant Erich W. A. Hoffmann, Vice Consul S E C R E T, prepared in 1945.
VIII. OPPOSITION
Opposition to the present regime in the south as well as elsewhere in the country seems to center in those elements which profited most in a material way from the Italian and German occupations: merchants, former government officials, army officers, large landowners and other propertied classes who find their personal interests and fortunes threatened by the announced objectives of the FNC program. These elements as if in recognition of their own impotence and lack of support among the people as a whole seem to place their hopes in Allied intervention. Having been maintained and supported in positions of prominence and privilege first by an Italian/ Zog combination prior to 1939 and later by Italian Fascist and German Nazi occupation forces, they now suddenly find themselves bereft of such outward support and on looking inward they find little or none among their own people who long since have learned how little they can expect from them. Lacking the support of Italian and German force of arms they now seem to turn in desperation to Allied intervention, and hope that the British and American armies will come in to protect them in the comfort and enjoyment of whatever accumulations resulted to them from the previous regime, and to restore to them privileges which once were theirs. The arguments which they advance in support of their contention indicate how well the seeds of German propaganda were sown, took root and matured. “This is communism at its worst. The leaders take their orders from Moscow. The American and British armies must come in and save all of us from communism.” Too much of the opposition to the present regime grows out of such elements to believe that it is honest and sincere. One finds most of it in such larger towns as Korca, Gjirokaster and Valona—places which were occupied throughout the five-year period by either Italian or German troops and where because of this occupation people lived in comparative ease and comfort with not too great self-sacrifice. Here old army officers lived on pensions or drew salaries without rendering service of any kind unless it be in assisting Germans surreptitiously in organizing gendarmerie and militia to crush “communist bands” in the mountains. Here government officials occupied positions under the Quisling governments of Tirana and drew salaries for work which they did not do or built up personal fortunes as was done in Valona by exerting pressure on the few Jews to be found there under the pretense of protecting them from the Germans. Here merchants stocked up with Italian and German goods and exported them to Greece and Macedonia at extravagant profits. It is not difficult to understand why among those elements opposition has developed to a regime that suddenly brings to an end the circumstances from which they profited and which also makes it clear that it does not propose to create for these same elements similar favorable circumstances in the future. It is an opposition based not on political principles, but on personal advantages and privileges. The issue of free elections does not enter into its thinking. It knows less about free elections than do those about whom they complain. Such criticism serves only the purpose of confusion. It is a paradox that while Albania has plenty of politics, it has no organized political parties as such. Today it has the communist party which is without doubt the controlling element in the present government and it is attempting to weld together into a solid organization the so-called FNC or “Front”. It is because of this lack of political organization and experience which makes so improbable the creation of any organized coherent opposition to the present regime. The opposition, such as exists, is opposition because of too many and too diverse reasons, most of which are personal and selfish. It (the opposition) has no clear-cut democratic principles which make a common appeal to a large number of people. It has no guiding democratic principles for the simple reason that many of the individuals who make up the so-called opposition, up to a very short time ago, were strangers to democratic thought and principles. They profess adherence of Western democracy because it now seems expedient to do so, not because they believe in such principles or because they understand them. Many of them, in thoroughly undemocratic ways, shun contact with their own people and misjudge their temper. Some regard themselves as “intellectuals” and as such a group apart from the daily lives and problems of the majority of the people. It is because of this attitude that they command little respect or support. It is because of the very ineffectualness and futility of this incoherent opposition that the present regime is encouraged to go to extremes. It seems to sense that among these individuals and small cliques the only common element which might give it unity is that of self-interest. These are much too diverse to offer any sound basis for an effective wellorganized opposition. The members of the FNC organization have nothing to lose and everything to gain. They can afford to take chances. The opposition fearing to lose what they have take no chances and are immobilized or perhaps it is better to say are “paralyzed”. In such a situation the principal losers are the Albanian people who already have suffered out of all proportion to their resources.

This thread has been viewed 18281 times.

Back