The curious case of Albanian coincidences

If this thread turns into a t-roll the Greeks thread, I'll close it. Is that clear?

Where do you see t-rolling?

We are up at 6 pages and still we are having civilized discussions.

The only outbursts so far are yetos occasional CAPS LOCK flips, and now this one from you.

You admit though that "The Sweet She-Goat" is quite a big coincidence for a she-goat that Zeus drinks milk from? Also that the word for "milk" in Albanian (Tambël) is "ambel" with T infront?

Can you admit at least that this is a big coincidence?

I'm willing to consider that.

Since there is a root *h₂melǵ- (to milk, to press out / suck etc) which gave Attic amélɡɔ, Latin mulgeō, Old English meolc (English milk) etc

Maybe it could have been related to that.

If we assume that the reconstructed root is correct, we need a language that shifted h₂ >a (like Greek), e > a (like Sanskrit) and ǵ > th
and a suffix like ancient Greek -εια https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-εια#Ancient_Greek

Now, concerning the last there are words where before front vowels (e, i) there is a dental in Attic /th/ (MGr /θ/) that derives from a reconstructed *gʷʰ (l'm leaving my personal opinions about reconstructions aside)
Example: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Indo-European/gʷʰer-

Here we don't have *gʷʰ in the reconstructed root, though. So, for now, I can't say that it descends from that root.

A thought experiment:
h₂melǵ-eia would give ΑΜΕΛΓΕΙΑ in a dialect like Attic.

In a language, which was similar to Attic but in which e shifted to a we would have (e shifted to a in Sanskrit, for example)
AMAΛΓΕΙΑ

In a language, like the one above, that also shifted ǵ to 'dh' (which happened in Albanian) we would have
ΑΜΑΛΔΕΙΑ (but Δ would represent ð)

{ΑΜΑΛΘΕΙΑ is supposed to have been pronounced amaltheia according to the reconstructed Attic pronunciation.
th shifted to /θ/ in Later Greek (also to an sound of some short in some Doric dialects early on)}

You admit though that "The Sweet She-Goat" is quite a big coincidence for a she-goat that Zeus drinks milk from? Also that the word for "milk" in Albanian (Tambël) is "ambel" with T infront?

Can you admit at least that this is a big coincidence?

I admit that in the brain of some 'scholars' exist only stupidity.

I want to believe you are not such,
so what is your explanation?

I'm willing to consider that.

Since there is a root *h₂melǵ- (to milk, to press out / suck etc) which gave Attic amélɡɔ, Latin mulgeō, Old English meolc (English milk) etc

Maybe it could have been related to that.

If we assume that the reconstructed root is correct, we need a language that shifted h₂ >a (like Greek), e > a (like Sanskrit) and ǵ > th
and a suffix like ancient Greek -εια https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-εια#Ancient_Greek

Now, concerning the last there are words where before front vowels (e, i) there is a dental in Attic /th/ (MGr /θ/) that derives from a reconstructed *gʷʰ (l'm leaving my personal opinions about reconstructions aside)
Example: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Indo-European/gʷʰer-

Here we don't have *gʷʰ in the reconstructed root, though. So, for now, I can't say that it descends from that root.

A thought experiment:
h₂melǵ-eia would give ΑΜΕΛΓΕΙΑ in a dialect like Attic.

In a language, which was similar to Attic but in which e shifted to a we would have (e shifted to a in Sanskrit, for example)
AMAΛΓΕΙΑ

In a language, like the one above, that also shifted ǵ to 'dh' (which happened in Albanian) we would have
ΑΜΑΛΔΕΙΑ (but Δ would represent ð)

{ΑΜΑΛΘΕΙΑ is supposed to have been pronounced amaltheia according to the reconstructed Attic pronunciation.
th shifted to /θ/ in Later Greek (also to an sound of some short in some Doric dialects early on)}

the term is clear

Α+μαλθεια
Negative a+
PIE *(s)mel-

μαλθος μαλθακος in modern would be μαλ**ας
it means both υστερησις ποιοτητας, και αβροτης

Το κερας της Αμαλθειας ουδεν (υ)στερειτε και ποτε δεν στερειτε (τελειωνει)
compare with ENGLISH melt.

virb μελδω -> μαλθακοτης
  1. λιώνω, τήκω, υγροποιώ, ρευστοποιώ

ΜΑΛΘΑΚΙΑ

1. μαλακία, μαλακότης

Μαλθασσω

Νotice melt μελδω μαλθασσω

SO the whole term means generous, prosperous, healthy, strong

The horn of Amaltheia
keras-amaltheias-1-min.jpg

The horn of healthy and properous and generous
the horn of no-μαλθωσις and not melt
IT PROVIDES EVERYTHING EXCEPT MEAT MILK AND MONEY
(even today the modern followers of Agdistis, or Christian monks if you like avoid the above)

nomisma22.jpg

The termination Κερας Αμαλθειας fits correct with the term Α-μαλθος = οχι 'μαλακος'

THE HORN OF NO 'SOFTNESS'-MELTING SOULS AND BODIES
CORNUCORIA ABUDANCE

150px-Cornucopia_%28PSF%29.png

NOTICE
the IE word for goat is Aiwa to Greek αιγα
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE Alb Dhi to pass to Greek Θεια
cause the change comes from IE and North Languages (New) D->Θ
Like Germanic Door to Θυρα to Port
in fact the Albanian word for door = Dera
shows a North Europe origin

It is a linguistic trick,
and out of linguistic laws
since the first law is clear,
explanation with local language
before enter to use of IE or other like Semitic etc.

the smae trick also is played/described with the κοινον Λυχνιδιων.
it is obnvious that the writer of such is not a linguist.

Notice
the english termination
From Ancient Greekμαλακία(malakía, self-indulgence, weakness).

ΜΑΛΘΑΚΟΣ
MALTH-AKOS

1. ήπιος, δειλός, λιγόψυχος, αδύναμος

soft coward no-will no-dare WEAK

IF SOME 'SCHOLARS'
WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME
THEN TIRANA IS GREEK WORD
AND MEANS TYRRANY, TYRRANT'S CITY ΤΥΡΑΝΕΙΑ

SUCH ARE THE METHODS SOME USE.

so plz stop the silly game
and get serious

Last edited:
Where do you see t-rolling?

We are up at 6 pages and still we are having civilized discussions.

The only outbursts so far are yetos occasional CAPS LOCK flips, and now this one from you.

Calm down. I wasn't addressing any particular poster. It is just that I don't like the tone that is developing here.

Keep the tone civil. And that includes you when you're addressing me.

@Johane
I've done the same conversation about Amalthea in the past.. even if phonetic laws by Kortlandt say that Greek *th equals with *dh/d there is no way to make Yetos to accept anything. amaldhia > amalthea
In a different occasion we all know how the thread is going to end.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE Alb Dhi to pass to Greek Θεια

100% false. This happens even today. "Dh" and "D" are two different things in Albanian.

The word "Madh" for example is pronounced "math" in some regions:

• IPA(key): /iˈmað/, [iˈmaθ]

ypE7QBJ.png

You're a very dishonest person Yetos. You employ whatever methods you can to derail and shut down threads that are moving in directions you don't like.

That you are acting like you have a scientific attitude is not believable at all.

This is you with a different account saying "Shqip" = "Gipt" = "Egyptian":

iTTeoT0.png

@Johane
I've done the same conversation about Amalthea in the past.. even if phonetic laws by Kortlandt say that Greek *th equals with *dh/d there is no way to make Yetos to accept anything. amaldhia > amalthea

Reconstructed Attic tʰ (MGr /θ/) has two sources, a reconstructed *dʰ (which according to Kortlandt was /t/ really in Early IE) and a reconstructed *gʷʰ in certain cases (before front vowels).

dh /ð/ in Albanian also has multiple sources, *ǵ and *ǵʰ usually, *d (at the end of the word).

Have that conversation with a linguist.

@Johane

offcourse
it obvious that this is just a 'pub' arguement.

100% false. This happens even today. "Dh" and "D" are two different things in Albanian.

The word "Madh" for example is pronounced "math" in some regions:

• IPA(key): /iˈmað/, [iˈmaθ]

ypE7QBJ.png

You're a very dishonest person Yetos. You employ whatever methods you can to derail and shut down threads that are moving in directions you don't like.

That you are acting like you have a scientific attitude is not believable at all.

This is you with a different account saying "Shqip" = "Gipt" = "Egyptian":

iTTeoT0.png

NO COMMENT.

Just find out when is a possible,
and when is a linguistic law or paradox,

MAKE THINGS UP IN YOUR MIND,
AND DISTINGUISH CASES,

BEFORE YOU DESCRIBE US AS FALSE
BEFORE YOU TURN US ALL WRONG HERE

LEARN THAT THE SOUND of Δ Dh when entered
and IF EXISTED IN PIE

SO TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU POST,

If Amaltheia is so old word,
then it should come from D which existed in PIE.offcourse
someone of 'pub' members may bring that again in future for third-time in Forum,
and I do not wonder why,

As for the Aeolian Sk-X Σκ-Ξ
Ask the linguists and Homer

Ξιφει Σκιφει

about my bessa,
'Bessa is given from the ones who have to the ones who also have, or proven worthy to'
not to everybody, nomater family neighbour nationality. :innocent:

Yetos, is it true that this user iapetoc is you?

Its obvious its him, its the same exact writing style with the paragraphs and the occasional bold letters.

Plus Yetos has also mentioned many times that he's a polytheist and that he has been to hillandar.

Maybe its just a coincidence

Its obvious its him, its the same exact writing style with the paragraphs and the occasional bold letters.

Plus Yetos has also mentioned many times that he's a polytheist and that he has been to hillandar.

Not only in Hillandar,
all Athos
except the Bulgarian monastery,

Besides at Hillandar is the Albanian tower
the Kastrioti son appartments and tomb.

the era I was a teenager until my 21,
the era of wondering for truth.

I don`t want to belive that all this is true. I hope that someone from the mods investigate and explain this situation. If people start to use multiple accounts and other tricks, this forum will turn in a "scientific" branch of stormfront. Let`s keep Eupedia clean.

But an barbarian can not be a greek. Semantics

The Oxford English Dictionary defines five meanings of the noun barbarian, including an obsolete Barbary usage.

2. Hist. a. One not a Greek

BTW, about the coins. This is the bulding of Coca-Cola in Athens, Greece:
378828.jpg

Does this make Athens an American city?

@ LABERIA

your answer is Here

@ LABERIA

your answer is Here

Excuse me because you are a very aigmatic person. What are you are trying to tell us with this post?

Excuse me because you are a very aigmatic person. What are you are trying to tell us with this post?

the same no meaning and out of discuss
which you tried to tell us with Cola factory.

He is just trying to ruin one more thread that is focused on Albanian identity and language, we all know what he's doing ages now.. no need to ask him, since the mods are allowing him to post his stuff i would suggest you to stop quoting him, he's not even a true representative of greek people, all my friends are Greeks, and none of them has a similar mentality

He is just trying to ruin one more thread that is focused on Albanian identity and language, we all know what he's doing ages now.. no need to ask him, since the mods are allowing him to post his stuff i would suggest you to stop quoting him, he's not even a true representative of greek people, all my friends are Greeks, and none of them has a similar mentality
I know perfectly this. It`s from many years now that he is doing this. Since this is allowed to him, why not.

the same no meaning and out of discuss
which you tried to tell us with Cola factory.

Still i don`t understand the connection. If you try to explain better your point, will be very helpful for all of us.

This thread has been viewed 88609 times.

Back