Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

I 'm afraid some ancient Y-DNA findings were not good enough to provide all useful SNP's. It's not the first time.
    So "archaic" Y-R1b in Steppes and before in Samara HG's ...?

Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Quote Originally Posted by MOESAN View Post
    I 'm afraid some ancient Y-DNA findings were not good enough to provide all useful SNP's. It's not the first time.
    So "archaic" Y-R1b in Steppes and before in Samara HG's ...?
    Pre-R1b-M478 in Samara. Quite removed from what we're intereested in.

Level

So much for all those old models. Barely any EHG in Yamnaya and Hajji Firuz admixture is just about zero:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Yamnaya/CWC increasingly look like immigrants.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by markod View Post
    So much for all those old models. Barely any EHG in Yamnaya and Hajji Firuz admixture is just about zero:

Wdym barely any EHG in Yamnaya, where is that coming from?

Level

Quote Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBe View Post
    Wdym barely any EHG in Yamnaya, where is that coming from?
    Just speculation, but the confounding variable might have been native Ukranian and Baltic admixture.

The confusion about the CHG component in EHG should have been a red flag already IMHO. It's very difficult to pick those components apart once they have coalesced and stablelized

Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Can you explain the results of those sheets? CWC cannot have 0 WHG and EHG and 0.5% Yoruba or 1.2% of Levant_Neo. That is virtually impossible.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 282

The WHG is contained mainly in Globular Amphora, the EHG mainly in Progress Eneolithic.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by halfalp View Post
    Can you explain the results of those sheets? CWC cannot have 0 WHG and EHG and 0.5% Yoruba or 1.2% of Levant_Neo. That is virtually impossible.
    Why? CWC is just north Caucasian Steppe with additional local ancestry, esp. GAC which had lots of Mesolithic ancestry.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Why? CWC is just north Caucasian Steppe with additional local ancestry, esp. GAC which had lots of Mesolithic ancestry.
    If you consider WHG and EHG are real entities and not just offshoots of CHG. Then it's mathematically impossible. We are changing terminology for nothing here. So modern Baltic people with high WHG, is in fact just GAC ancestry and not WHG. Also the GAC paper of 2017-2018 speaks about 100% EEF wich itself only countains little WHG. So taking the terminologies of your sheets, Yoruba and Levante_Neolithic represent Basal Eurasian, then. Also why if WHG is picked up by GAC, why is there a distinction between GAC and Barcin wich is virtually the same ancestry, and not a distinction between GAC and WHG?

Level

If you consider WHG and EHG are real entities and not just offshoots of CHG. Then it's mathematically impossible. We are changing terminology for nothing here. So modern Baltic people with high WHG, is in fact just GAC ancestry and not WHG. Also the GAC paper of 2017-2018 speaks about 100% EEF wich itself only countains little WHG. So taking the terminologies of your sheets, Yoruba and Levante_Neolithic represent Basal Eurasian, then. Also why if WHG is picked up by GAC, why is there a distinction between GAC and Barcin wich is virtually the same ancestry, and not a distinction between GAC and WHG?
    I'm equally suspicious of CHG as anything more than a transient population. For those Steppe samples I think the source population will most likely be in the east.

Afaik the Mesolithic Huto cave samples already were intermediate between CHG and EHG. Probably not eastern enough though.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

I'm equally suspicious of CHG as anything more than a transient population. For those Steppe samples I think the source population will most likely be in the east.

Afaik the Mesolithic Huto cave samples already were intermediate between CHG and EHG. Probably not eastern enough though.
    The problem is that EHG needs WHG and CHG needs EHG. So here i dont know what i'm talking about, but exactly how could WHG be in East Caspian? The EHG needed in CHG cannot be ANE itself, because it's already in Iran_Neo. Also, remember ourselves that Dzudzuana is not directly related with CHG, but is highly related with Anatolian and Levante Neolithic. It looks like the ancestor of CHG, but not CHG proper have to come from Eastern Europe and get BA ancestry South of the Caucasus at some point. We are probably talking here about something that old as Epigravettian in North Caucasus.

Level

The problem is that EHG needs WHG and CHG needs EHG. So here i dont know what i'm talking about, but exactly how could WHG be in East Caspian? The EHG needed in CHG cannot be ANE itself, because it's already in Iran_Neo. Also, remember ourselves that Dzudzuana is not directly related with CHG, but is highly related with Anatolian and Levante Neolithic. It looks like the ancestor of CHG, but not CHG proper have to come from Eastern Europe and get BA ancestry South of the Caucasus at some point. We are probably talking here about something that old as Epigravettian in North Caucasus.
    Most of this will probably be answered when the source of the East Eurasian ancestry seeping into West Eurasia in the timeframe between Dzudzuana and Huto/Karelia (as well as speculatively Villabrunna) is discovered.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Most of this will probably be answered when the source of the East Eurasian ancestry seeping into West Eurasia in the timeframe between Dzudzuana and Huto/Karelia (as well as speculatively Villabrunna) is discovered.
    My bet is that Cultures, Ancestral Components and Haplogroups gonna confuse together when more samples we gonna have. It looks like there were switch in lineages but continuity of ancestral components and culture in Paleolithic era. But with the datas we have actually, there is only 2 propositions: EHG and pre-CHG came both from Eastern Europe ( North Caucasus included ) while pre-CHG probably in the Bolling-Allerod migrated South to become proper-CHG. Or Pre-EHG and CHG came from Iran, at a time when Iran was actually mostly of ANE ancestry without Basal Eurasian, and that Pre-EHG became EHG in Eastern Europe ( through Caucasus or East Caspian ), while CHG mingle with BA later on.

Level

My bet is that Cultures, Ancestral Components and Haplogroups gonna confuse together when more samples we gonna have. It looks like there were switch in lineages but continuity of ancestral components and culture in Paleolithic era. But with the datas we have actually, there is only 2 propositions: EHG and pre-CHG came both from Eastern Europe ( North Caucasus included ) while pre-CHG probably in the Bolling-Allerod migrated South to become proper-CHG. Or Pre-EHG and CHG came from Iran, at a time when Iran was actually mostly of ANE ancestry without Basal Eurasian, and that Pre-EHG became EHG in Eastern Europe ( through Caucasus or East Caspian ), while CHG mingle with BA later on.
    I think that for now there are any number of possibilities. It would probably be interesting to take a good look at where HGs tended to live during the LGM. I don't think that will tell us much about the genesis of the steppe tribes though. It would be better to look for their immediate ancestors and then work from there.

Before the Advent of population genomic a very common view among archaeologists used to be that the origin of the the Kurgan cultures lay in the cave settlements of the eastern Caspian like Dam Dam Chesme, Dzebel and others. I would love to see whether such a chronology could be supported with ancient DNA.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

I think that for now there are any number of possibilities. It would probably be interesting to take a good look at where HGs tended to live during the LGM. I don't think that will tell us much about the genesis of the steppe tribes though. It would be better to look for their immediate ancestors and then work from there.

Before the Advent of population genomic a very common view among archaeologists used to be that the origin of the the Kurgan cultures lay in the cave settlements of the eastern Caspian like Dam Dam Chesme, Dzebel and others. I would love to see whether such a chronology could be supported with ancient DNA.
    Yes, but lithic material is a tricky one. It's like Solutrean, Swiderian and Clovis. I think you are talking about the Bullet-shaped core found in South Urals and East Caspian that FrankN were talking about right? So now, what is the probability that Solutrean and Swiderian peoples had the same autosomal component and y-dna haplogroups while they have clearly the same lithic culture origin?

Yes, but lithic material is a tricky one. It's like Solutrean, Swiderian and Clovis. I think you are talking about the Bullet-shaped core found in South Urals and East Caspian that FrankN were talking about right? So now, what is the probability that Solutrean and Swiderian peoples had the same autosomal component and y-dna haplogroups while they have clearly the same lithic culture origin?
    I wouldn’t write off the Solutrean hypothesis so easily, even if it wasn’t demic diffusion the lithic material really is quite similar. More and more, it’s looking like plenty of populations migrated into the Americas.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

I wouldn’t write off the Solutrean hypothesis so easily, even if it wasn’t demic diffusion the lithic material really is quite similar. More and more, it’s looking like plenty of populations migrated into the Americas.
    I'm still convinced by the y-dna R ( maybe R1b ) and Solutrean culture link, but i'm not interested into the trans-atlantic Solutrean Hypothesis. In Europe, Solutrean and Swiderian have a strong lithic link, but do we know such link coming from Siberia? Like AG, didn't have the same lithic reductions. What is interesting is that the preceding culture of Swiderian was Ahrensburgian, wich is mostly Baltic Magdalenian. So were did that Solutrean-like Lithic culture came from?

I'm still convinced by the y-dna R ( maybe R1b ) and Solutrean culture link, but i'm not interested into the trans-atlantic Solutrean Hypothesis. In Europe, Solutrean and Swiderian have a strong lithic link, but do we know such link coming from Siberia? Like AG, didn't have the same lithic reductions. What is interesting is that the preceding culture of Swiderian was Ahrensburgian, wich is mostly Baltic Magdalenian. So were did that Solutrean-like Lithic culture came from?
    i really doubt it would be Y DNA R considering it’s mostly M269.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

i really doubt it would be Y DNA R considering it’s mostly M269.
    I mean R broadly. But M269 cannot be part of the Solutrean, it's a way older culture.

3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%

So what is the deal with Steppe Maykop? I keep seeing on Eurogenes all this West Siberian Neolithic talk, but what samples are they deriving this ancestral component from? I cannot find anything online about it. What is it exactly? How do they even differentiate the ANE in these samples? There is also the presence of EDAR in the Steppe Maykop, as well as in the Mesolithic Motala hunter gatherers of Sweden and in Karelia. Could we be looking at something connected to the spread of mtDNA C1 and Y-DNA R/Q during the Upper Paleolithic, or was this also a gene present in the earliest West Eurasians/Paleo-Europeans, but due to selection, it has been diluted to non-existence in most of Europe. Much of this can be solved if we simply had more ancient East Eurasian samples.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Johnson View Post
    So what is the deal with Steppe Maykop? I keep seeing on Eurogenes all this West Siberian Neolithic talk, but what samples are they deriving this ancestral component from? I cannot find anything online about it. What is it exactly? How do they even differentiate the ANE in these samples? There is also the presence of EDAR in the Steppe Maykop, as well as in the Mesolithic Motala hunter gatherers of Sweden and in Karelia. Could we be looking at something connected to the spread of mtDNA C1 and Y-DNA R/Q during the Upper Paleolithic, or was this also a gene present in the earliest West Eurasians/Paleo-Europeans, but due to selection, it has been diluted to non-existence in most of Europe. Much of this can be solved if we simply had more ancient East Eurasian samples.
    I think this West Siberian Neolithic makes reference either to something Botai-like or with Baikal Neolithic, mainly liked with y-dna N1c and Q1a. But i'm not sure.

Level

Afaik ANE/AG are bad proxies for the eastern ancestry of EHG. Neolithic Baikal might be better.

Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 2.0%

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Are they still alive?

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    R1a

Ethnic group
    English,Irish,Scottish,Belgian,French,Norwegian

Maternal Haplogroup R1a here, my Eurogenes Hunter Gatherer VS Farmer results:

Population
    Anatolian Farmer 11.06 Pct
    Baltic Hunter Gatherer 51.40 Pct
    Middle Eastern Herder -
    East Asian Farmer -
    South American Hunter Gatherer 0.53 Pct
    South Asian Hunter Gatherer 2.13 Pct
    North Eurasian Hunter Gatherer 0.08 Pct
    East African Pastoralist -
    Oceanian Hunter Gatherer -
    Mediterranean Farmer 34.52 Pct
    Pygmy Hunter Gatherer 0.28 Pct
    Bantu Farmer -

Elite member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 2.0%

The deal is that qpAdm can't make feasible models of Steppe Maykop unless you add Karitiana Indians. And that admixture also pops up in Botai.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast