R-s3058

DavidCoutts

Reaction score
I just received my LivingDNA results. My Fatherline is L21 and my Subclade is R-S3058. Unfortunately, LivingDNA didn't provide any information on this Subclade, apart from the fact that it is overwhelmingly British and Irish. If anyone has any information on the origins of R-S3058, I would be very grateful if you would share it here.

Thank you.

Hi
I have also tested on LivingDNA and im also R-S3058.My end terminal snp on Familytreedna is Y22972.My surname is Morrison.I recommend testing further on Familytreedna to find your terminal snp.The best group to join there is DF21.Im in that group.Hope this helps you. John

I just received my LivingDNA results. My Fatherline is L21 and my Subclade is R-S3058. Unfortunately, LivingDNA didn't provide any information on this Subclade, apart from the fact that it is overwhelmingly British and Irish. If anyone has any information on the origins of R-S3058, I would be very grateful if you would share it here.

Thank you.

R-S3058 is overwhelmingly British and Irish as well.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-S3058/

Indeed. According to LivingDNA Coverage Map, the highest percentage of my Fatherline is found in Ireland(60%). Second highest is shared between Scotland, Wales and Brittany, all at 50%.

So overwhelmingly Celtic, unsurprisingly.
I looked up your surname on public profiler and it showed you in Upper Scotland by Aberdeen.I have some DNA hits at Aberden as well. Did you look into Familytreedna?

I looked up your surname on public profiler and it showed you in Upper Scotland by Aberdeen.I have some DNA hits at Aberden as well. Did you look into Familytreedna?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yeah, my father was the first of his family in generations to born outside Aberdeen. I haven't looked at FamilyTreeDNA yet.

My Y group is also R21 sub S3058 and my surname is Mulholland. As far as I can know my line came from William Mulholland of Co Down in Ireland about 1793. He moved to Kilmarnock and my forebear migrated to Liverpool. Christopher

My Y group is also R21 sub S3058 and my surname is Mulholland. As far as I can know my line came from William Mulholland of Co Down in Ireland about 1793. He moved to Kilmarnock and my forebear migrated to Liverpool. Christopher

Interesting. Thank you.

Familytreedna

Was wondering if you have tested at Familytreedna and if so you would fit in the Df21 group.

Was wondering if you have tested at Familytreedna and if so you would fit in the Df21 group.
My test was at LivingDNA which is a developing company which at present gives very good historical analysis of the results.

My test was at LivingDNA which is a developing company which at present gives very good historical analysis of the results.

Have you signed up for the Family Networks? I did, but when I clicked on the button to check it, I got 404 - We Are Currently Moving Our Site.

This thread has been viewed 11799 times.

Back