Lonely Planet Names Albania, Kosovo among ‘Best Destinations’

TYifFPA.jpg

vlora waterfront

You will enjoy it ������, some more tips for you:
Since they are always booked, you should call at least a day or two ahead for reservations (if in high season and over the weekend) “Mrizi i Zanave” and Fishop and just in case Padam. Umami is more flexible so you can just walk in, but over the summer always check before. You should also reserve for this one that I forgot to mention: https://www.mullixhiu.al/. Their produce is again all local, and they have three mills in the restaurant and all the wheat and corn is local. It is a northern cuisine mostly meat, cheese, pasta, pies and breads.

This Mullixhiu place looks really cozy. And their prices are amazing. I had forgot how cheap it is to eat in Albania. I just looked at their website, and their 8 course menu is only 15 euro. In my opinion that is really cheap, especially considering that the ingredients are local and the setting is fantastic.

Do you know any good places to eat in the northern mountains?
One time i stopped randomly at one place to eat once while on a roadtrip in the mountains range from Vlora to Saranda, and they served the best cheese and risotto i have ever tasted. And it was just some random family-run restaurant hidden deep indside the mountains. :)
I would like to know if there are some of those hidden restaurants or villages which are known for their food, but in the northern mountains instead? (because i plan mainly on being in the northern parts of albania this year. Valbona, Shengjin, Tirana etc.)

This thread has been viewed 31184 times.

Back