Politics Here we go again:The populism and dystopia of Italy's new government

gyms

Reaction score
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/populism-dystopia-italy-government-180521123827027.html

More importantly, the two parties have a clear anti-immigrant plan. They propose to create new detention centres across Italy where undocumented migrants are to be kept before deportation. They promise to shut down Roma settlements and mosques whenever they are deemed "illegal".

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/22/...nt-europe-next-crisis-opinion-intl/index.html

What they probably mean is that a new coalition, composed of xenophobic populists, demagogues and the far right, could damage the European Union -- or worse, blow up Europe at large.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/populism-dystopia-italy-government-180521123827027.html

More importantly, the two parties have a clear anti-immigrant plan. They propose to create new detention centres across Italy where undocumented migrants are to be kept before deportation. They promise to shut down Roma settlements and mosques whenever they are deemed "illegal".

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/22/...nt-europe-next-crisis-opinion-intl/index.html

What they probably mean is that a new coalition, composed of xenophobic populists, demagogues and the far right, could damage the European Union -- or worse, blow up Europe at large.
I doubt that any of the proposals you listed will be adopted. That’s only propaganda.

Last edited:
fantastic.................immigrants should seek legal methods if they want to enter any country to settle ..................In australia we fly out illegals daily or the ones processed and found not suitable...............
I see you got the news from aljazeera who accept the saudi of zero immigration even if they are fellow arabs (y)

fantastic.................immigrants should seek legal methods if they want to enter any country to settle ..................In australia we fly out illegals daily or the ones processed and found not suitable...............

If they fly you out of Australia, come to America. We’ll treat you with respect.
Just in case pm me and I’ll get you a really good Lawyer. :)
(Do the same for me please, if they kick me out of here) lol
Citizens or not “Persona non grata” might still apply.

ps I saved the post by mistake before I was done. it happens all the time with my iPhone app. All Y T have BIG HANDS lol.

Last edited:

Here is a tangential point with regard to resources and population[transplanting populations from low green house gas regions-solar friendly] . In US and or Canada someone wants to find a river and make a dam [or make a wind turbine] create electricity with no-zero emmision green-house gas and or not harm rare native habitat[animals and vegetation] environmental impact studies and bylaw regulations have to be put into consideration. Here is an example of someone being jailed, for trying to make electricity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jnwhJ3X1Qg

However if hundreds of thousands of people [millions]are transplanted as immigrants to a new area; do the same bureaucrats/governments provide a plan and environmental impact studies as to how water/electricity/garbage/sewage/traffic congestion[green house gasses] will affect/stress the region[native endangered wildlife and or vegetation]?

I'm pretty sure before mass immigration; indigenous peoples in Canada could find a place with clean water on their lands.

Last edited:
there is more
they promote an 'Italia first' policy
it involves making more debts and breaking EU austerity rules
we've seen where that has lead to in Greece

Every country should and does put its own country first whatever they may say publicly. Italy should have gotten out of the Eurozone ages ago. It's in its best interest. They should start negotiating for it NOW.

That doesn't mean I think this government has a prayer of making things better. Too much fuzzy left wing thinking and not enough capitalist thinking.

"Green" regulation run amok is a stupid idea. So is undoing the retirement reforms. I understand that when you have such high unemployment among young people getting people out of the workforce isn't a bad idea, but this isn't the way to put more young people to work.

They need to institute more market reforms, not fewer ones.

It's just a muddle because you're yoking together left and right whose only common denominator seems to be anti-immigration and hatred of the status quo.

As for anti-corruption the League has already been proven to be corrupt.

It's a mess, but I'm not paying taxes there yet, so I'm usually told to shut up.

Just a note about indigenous people in North America and fresh water. It depends where you are. The American Indian reservations in the southwest often have almost no fresh water because they gave them worthless desert land.

I see you got the news from aljazeera who accept the saudi of zero immigration even if they are fellow arabs (y)

Actually Al-Jazeera belongs to Qatar, the enemy No. 1 of Saudi Arabia in the Arabian Peninsula, but not only that: all the Arabian Gulf Emirates and Saudi Arabia maybe be very bent on heavily restricting citizenship to foreign residents and establishing a de facto "2nd class" status for non-natives, but they are very far from anything remotely resembling "zero immigration". Actually, those are some of the countries with a highest % of immigrant population in the entire world, in some of the Emirates more than 50-60%, and in Saudi Arabia as many as 1/3 of the population. That's not exactly an "anti-immigration" policy, it's just an anti-democratic and anti-citizenship policy.

If they fly you out of Australia, come to America. We’ll treat you with respect.
Just in case pm me and I’ll get you a really good Lawyer. :)
(Do the same for me please, if they kick me out of here) lol
Citizens or not “Persona non grata” might still apply.
ps I saved the post by mistake before I was done. it happens all the time with my iPhone app. All Y T have BIG HANDS lol.
lol
fat fingers with big hands or just fat fingers ?
Australia will send back the italian drug courier in 7 years ( after jail time ) ..........get a lawyer for him once he arrives as he will be "looked" at in Italy

Actually Al-Jazeera belongs to Qatar, the enemy No. 1 of Saudi Arabia in the Arabian Peninsula, but not only that: all the Arabian Gulf Emirates and Saudi Arabia maybe be very bent on heavily restricting citizenship to foreign residents and establishing a de facto "2nd class" status for non-natives, but they are very far from anything remotely resembling "zero immigration". Actually, those are some of the countries with a highest % of immigrant population in the entire world, in some of the Emirates more than 50-60%, and in Saudi Arabia as many as 1/3 of the population. That's not exactly an "anti-immigration" policy, it's just an anti-democratic and anti-citizenship policy.

if people want immigrants to go wherever they want then remove national borders............while you have national borders , you have different rules for each nation...........you cannot have both

lol
fat fingers with big hands or just fat fingers ?
Australia will send back the italian drug courier in 7 years ( after jail time ) ..........get a lawyer for him once he arrives as he will be "looked" at in italy

lol lol lol You know my cousin too?
small World. ;)

if people want immigrants to go wherever they want then remove national borders............while you have national borders , you have different rules for each nation...........you cannot have both

What you say has nothing to do with what I commented. Nobody here is arguing for immigrants to go wherever they want. But a simplistic anti-immigration policy without any alternative to the many demographic and economic challenges related to this situation is nothing but facile demagoguery.

I just commented that there was nothing even remotely ironic about taking a report from Al-Jazeera. Your comment linking Al-Jazeera, Saudis and "zero immigration" made no sense in this real world, that's it, period.

Remove culture and customs and bring in new style ideas?
Before anyone gets upset a little humor; like the all purpose combo fountain wash station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove culture and customs and bring in new style ideas?
Before anyone gets upset a little humor; like the all purpose combo fountain wash station.
You've made fun of mentally sick person. Most likely a homeless guy too. Think before you post, bud.

Giuseppe Conte, the chosen one (will see if he gets the fiducia) is a Native of Puglia.
I must give him the benefit of the doubts as PM. He is an Independent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Conte

Did you hear of any chit-chat that if Italy drops the euro currency but stays in the EU that they will introduce the Florin as its currency as they do not want all the "hidden under the bed" old Lira to emerge.
I just keep hearing rumours of a , stay in EU , leave its currency ...........something like what the UK had

Did you hear of any chit-chat that if Italy drops the euro currency but stays in the EU that they will introduce the Florin as its currency as they do not want all the "hidden under the bed" old Lira to emerge.
I just keep hearing rumours of a , stay in EU , leave its currency ...........something like what the UK had

I didn’t hear anything about the Florin, but people are unhappy about the Euro. For any change though they would need a referendum and after that they would probably have a technocrat government to make all the changes necessary just like when they adopted the Euro.. IMO.

(have a blast: follow the link, - got an error with the app, use “web view” first if you are using the app ....) :)
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...d-videos/page9?p=544522&viewfull=1#post544522

You've made fun of mentally sick person. Most likely a homeless guy too. Think before you post, bud.

Really. how do you know this?
I remember a time when I took care of various rental unit buildings in a large populated city in Canada. You might be surprised[various customs using washroom facility], but people were actually defecating on car windshields and door handles[a mess if you have to clean], elevators[servicemen refused to do safety maintenance until clean] , and in stairwells, workplace washrooms, in urinals, and on the floor. I thought it was a different custom[I would not have made light of the public gesture if \i thought the individual had a mental illness]; did not think of them as mentally sick and homeless, should I have?
In Canada we have case of mental illness and discharge that made it to the news.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3242308/man-who-beheaded-greyhound-bus-passenger-granted-full-discharge/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean

Last edited:

All this is correct.

Arabian gulf countries do indeed have a lot of foreign residents, they don't integrate and as far as I know they don't want to acquire citizenship, and people don't care either way if they want to become citizens, I've never seen any negative reaction from local arabs.

This thread has been viewed 57213 times.

Back