J1 from Greece

it is not Turkish = Turkic. Do not use it like that "Turkic/turkish"
and altaic is common name turkic,mongolic and tungusic people. this people descended from siberia.

while persian-greek war persian army very crowded army send to greece. this army had middle easterner soldiers whit iranian soldiers. this middle easterner soldiers may had semitic ancestry. your y dna descended from this middle easterner soldiers?

Did you know your Haplogroup?
If you do please Tell us.
I answered your question about Y T famous members.
So what are you? J T R ....

I know Sile. it's just that their presence in all the Balkans for centuries could have been an influence even in the case of my father who comes from Kephalonia.

Sure I'll tell you the sample, it was the sample from the upper Paleolithic found in the Satsurblia cave in Georgia found in Jones et al 2015 https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms9912, there is a chance that this sample is J1b other J1 samples that have been found are the J1 from Bronze Age Anatolia which was found in the same paper as the Mycenaean and Minoan one, J1-P58 in MBA Levant, Sidon and one J1-P58 in Neolithic or Bronze Age Jordan. As for diversity Chiaroni et al 2010 found that J1 has it's highest diversity in eastern Anatolia near lake Van https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2987219/. This haplogroup most certainly originates in west Asia splitting from IJ not in the north Caucasus though but somewhere around eastern Anatolia and the south Caucasus area. At the earliest J1 could've reached Europe during the Mesolithic with EHG but only in NE Europe as suggested by the J* sample from Mesolithic Karelia which is believed to possibly be J1 and how there is a J1 clade exclusive to Finns which is pretty basal. Other clades would've expanded from West Asia later during the Bronze Age, Classical Era, Roman Era etc.

You said 'samples', not sample. I don't believe the Bronze Age samples have anything to do with where an haplogroup that old originated, so we have the Hunter Gatherer from Satsurblia cave. That hunter gatherer sample is dated ~13.000 years before. The possible time of origin of J1 is 31.600 ybp according to Y-full.

Either way, the study you posted doesn't contain data form Europe. They had sampled 36 populations in West Asia.

By the way, I remember in Underhill's study about R1a1 there were many populations with significant variance away from where it is assumed that it originated.

You should understand that for me where any haplogroup originated isn't important. Most likely I am not J1. And I am not very interested to learn anything about my haplogroup. I just stated what I consider possible. I think it could have existed in Europe 20000 ybp, for example and because I think that I consider an origin in Europe theoretically possible, not the most possible scenario.

This thread has been viewed 22613 times.

Back