T haplogroup famous member

Do you believe Jefferson’s subclade arrived in Britain and Europe during the Neolithic, Chalcolithic, or Bronze Age? It could have arrived in the Neolithic or Chalcolithic from Anatolia, and from there, migrated to Britain as a Neolithic Farmer lineage, or even more likely, as a farmer lineage absorbed by the Steppe derived Bell Beakers; the later migrations of Celtic/Germanic tribes could have brought it as well. I also don’t discount the possibility that it arrived in Britain as a Neolithic-Bronze Age lineage from the conquering Romans, with it originating in the Italian Peninsula, or practically anywhere in the Balkans.

None of them actually. I'd say during the Roman period.

It's surely not during the Neolithic as British Neolithic farmers were almost all I2 (H2 was also found in Ireland, but never T1a).

The Copper and Bronze Ages brought R1b to the British Isles.

Do you believe Jefferson’s subclade arrived in Britain and Europe during the Neolithic, Chalcolithic, or Bronze Age? It could have arrived in the Neolithic or Chalcolithic from Anatolia, and from there, migrated to Britain as a Neolithic Farmer lineage, or even more likely, as a farmer lineage absorbed by the Steppe derived Bell Beakers; the later migrations of Celtic/Germanic tribes could have brought it as well. I also don’t discount the possibility that it arrived in Britain as a Neolithic-Bronze Age lineage from the conquering Romans, with it originating in the Italian Peninsula, or practically anywhere in the Balkans.

I read the family came via northern Spain, before entering Britain

Thomas Line , step by step ,

Thomas Jefferson, Sr., was born in the British West Indies, on Saint Christopher island, ca. 1640, the son of Samuel Jefferson, aka Jeaffreson (b. 1607 in Pettistree, Suffolk, England), and Elizabeth Broom (possibly "widow Broom"), b. 1610, in Suffolk, England. It is now believed that his parents married in 1628 in Suffolk, England before they joined Samuel Jefferson on St. Kitts around 1630, where their son, Thomas Jefferson, was born.

step back a few generation to

Samuel Jefferson Jr.

Born 11 Oct 1607 in Pettistree, Suffolk, England
born to Samuel Jefferson

Samuel brother below
John Jefferson was born on December 24, 1609 in Pettistree, Suffolk, England. His parents were Samuel Jefferson and his wife Elizabeth (Carr) Jefferson. The family also spelled their surname Jeaffreson or Jeafferson. They had been local landowners in Suffolk for several generations by 1600 although some say their origins were Welsh.

In 1624, John Jefferson's father left England with his older brother, Lt. (later Colonel) John Jefferson II, for the West Indies. The two men were by that time mariners (merchant sailors). They were led by a close family friend, Sir. Thomas Warner, a friend of King James I and known English explorer.[1]

step back some more
John Jefferson b, 1563 seems the first to enter Britain from Northern Spain

… y T money … :)

y3TOFQc.jpg

5AZFV01.jpg

Thomas Jefferson … in his teens, as a man, classic:

… my unscientific pics, … though … top that :)

idrqwxA.jpg

3rd POTUS Animation … by MyHeritage:

tqXfE7H.gif

This thread has been viewed 18138 times.

Back