4th Century BC Privileged Social Class Roman Skeletons to undergo DNA Testing

Should be genetically similar to Northern Italians, if it were similar to Southern Germanics like the Hallstatt genome was, I wouldn’t be too shocked. If it were more NW Euro than that, it would be massively unexpected. Same goes for more Southern European - there is no reasonable way to assume the genetic makeup of Italians hasn’t changed somewhat.

My guess...true 100% ancient romans, those who lived in Rome in 500 BC, are gone (too much wars and immigration) but the other Italic populations of Central Italy are still living with little alterations.

Utilizzando Tapatalk

I would be very surprised if these ancient Roman remains were more northern-shifted than the Mycenaean Greeks.

They should come out much more Southern than Northern European.

I would be very surprised if these ancient Roman remains were more northern-shifted than the Mycenaean Greeks.

They should come out much more Southern than Northern European.

These Romans are 4th Century BC people, Mycenaeans are on average 1000 years older than these Romans. I do not think we can make comparisons. In 4th Century BC the Romans were already mixed together.

A comparison should be made between the Mycenaeans and the Latins of the Latial culture, in particular the oldest remains of the late Bronze Age, which however are more recent than the Mycenaeans.

Unfortunately, just as it happens for Proto-Villanovans, we have very few remains because they practiced mostly the incineration.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 25756 times.

Back