Haplogroup subclade R1b1a2a~2/R1b-PF7558 (R1b-PF7562, R1b-PF7563) in Italy

ASkepticalSpaniard

Reaction score
Can someone give me the rundown/history on these subclades and explain their prevalence in Southern Italy/Sicily?

I just ran a Morley prediction report via my 23andMe test, and this was the most likely prediction. I also ordered the Y37 test from FTDNA and ancestry.com as well. I had done national geographic too, but NG and 23andMe only went as far as saying that M269 was my haplogroup.

Any help is appreciated, also here were my other predictions although they were listed as options not as most likely:

R1b1a2a1a2b3bR1b-S47
R1b1a2a1a2a1b3~2R1b-L421 (R1b-L433, R1b-L88)
R1b1R1b-L506 (R1b-L278, R1b-M415)
KK-PF5504 (K-PF5493, K-PF5480)

Also if anyone can vouch for morleys prediction tool, I'd Appreciate it.

And can someone explain to me why in the bottom row, that has all of the subclades I listed above, why is 7563 in green? Thanks

Also if anyone can vouch for morleys prediction tool, I'd Appreciate it.

And can someone explain to me why in the bottom row, that has all of the subclades I listed above, why is 7563 in green? Thanks

Morley is accurate but it is now a bit old 2013

Hi everyone I'm so sorry to bother any of you, but I received my DNA autosomal results and they were surprising to say the least. I have a significant amount of Anatolian ancestry across the board, along with a significant amount of Greek/Balkan genetics.

How does this play into my paternal haplogroup? And how does it explain my illegitimate Sicilian surname that dates back to the 19th century? Thanks.

Hi everyone I'm so sorry to bother any of you, but I received my DNA autosomal results and they were surprising to say the least. I have a significant amount of Anatolian ancestry across the board, along with a significant amount of Greek/Balkan genetics.

How does this play into my paternal haplogroup? And how does it explain my illegitimate Sicilian surname that dates back to the 19th century? Thanks.
can you post your results?

I'm at work ATM, so I'm on my phone, but I will.

Any chance you guys could delve into my haplogroup at all? I'm really interested but I don't know what I don't know. If anyone could explain this I'd appreciate it. Seriously, so much. Thanks anyway, take care.

can you post your results?

Ok so here are the results:

NG Geno 2.0:
42% Southwestern European
19% Asia Minor
14% Eastern Europe
13% Italy and Southern Europe
7.8% Northeastern Europe
3.9% Jewish Diaspora

23andMe:
Italian 34.7%
British and Irish 12.8%
Ashkenazi Jewish 11.1%
Eastern European - Belarus 7.8%
Balkan 2.6%
Iberian 1.8%
French and German 0.2%
Broadly Southern European 8.8%
Broadly Northwestern European 8.6%
Broadly European 7.7%
Western Asian and North African
Western Asian 3.0%
Broadly Western Asian and North African 0.4%
Unassigned 0.3%

FTDNA
West and Central Europe 45%
Southeast Europe 28%
Middle Eastern 21% (Anatolian)
Jewish Diaspora 4%

Ancestry.com:
Europe South 37%
Sicily
Southern Italy
Caucasus 16%
Europe East 14%
European Jewish 10%
Ireland/Scotland/Wales 7%
Scandinavia 6%

Plus the two haplogroup predictions I used for morley via Ancestry and 23andMe were actually different. Can someone please explain this all to me?

I have wondered the same thing. I know that Im U152, but by last name is Salerno, and as far as I know, my family lived in Bonito, Campania for generations. I was on 23andme, looking at the Scientific details. Im not sure if clicking on the downstream subclads mean anything, but if I follow the white dots, they give me a more specific Haplogroup. It sucks that I descend from some Barbarians from up north, and not the beautiful Neolithic peoples.

As far as you go OP, your results make it look like your either a North Italian or not fully Italian, hence the high SW and NW scores.
See the attachment below.

snip map.PNG

I have wondered the same thing. I know that Im U152, but by last name is Salerno, and as far as I know, my family lived in Bonito, Campania for generations. I was on 23andme, looking at the Scientific details. Im not sure if clicking on the downstream subclads mean anything, but if I follow the white dots, they give me a more specific Haplogroup. It sucks that I descend from some Barbarians from up north, and not the beautiful Neolithic peoples.

As far as you go OP, your results make it look like your either a North Italian or not fully Italian, hence the high SW and NW scores.
See the attachment below.

View attachment 10293

My father is Italian and my mother is not hence the results.

I'm interested in learning more about my haplogroup prediction though, how rare is it among Italians and can it be associated with the stratioti and arbereshe of Sicily/Italy?

Hi I cannot figure out how to post a basic question. I am in Haplogroup H and mutations 16189c, 16519c I would like to know what that means and what "known" or famous people (from Europe, north africa or nigeria) are in same group and mutations. Any help in posting this or answering this question would be appreciated

Hi I would like to keep the thread topic on myself and my particularl haplogroup. You're free to make your own thread if need be. Take care.

Can someone give me the rundown/history on these subclades and explain their prevalence in Southern Italy/Sicily?

Maybe this can help you: http://r1b-pf7562.blogspot.com

Is your paternal line Arbereshe? If so, it's pretty straightforward. If you don't know, tell me the earliest surname of your paternal line ancestors and maybe I can tell you if they were Arbereshe or not.

First you need to find out your terminal SNP haplogroup... by doing a Big-Y test with FTDNA...
Since you have already done a Y-37.. you can join a R1b project at FTDNA and ask them to "predict" your haplogroup... otherwise just upgrade to Big Y while summer sale is on.

Just saying R1b M269 is meaningless.. as that an ancient branch from which many subranches that come up...

This thread has been viewed 11837 times.

Back