My LivingDNA results

edwardsson

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
Haplogroup R-L20
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a2b1a
This is my first post. Received my results from Living DNA last week.

Europe 100%

Europe (North and West) 56.6%

Germanic 45.7%
Scandinavia 11%

Great Britain and Ireland 33.1%

Southeast England 11.9%

East Anglia 8%

Lincolnshire 5.1%

South England 3.2%

Cumbria 2.4%

Northumbria 1.5%

North Yorkshire 1.1%

Europe (East) 10.3%

Finland and Western Russia 7%

Mordovia 2.1%

Northeast Europe 1.1%

Y-DNA:
Haplogroup U-152
Subclade R-L20

MtDNA
Haplogroup U5
Subclade U5a2b1a

I hope all these results will be updated later on, especially the maps. When I select Cautious and Regions, Scandinavia disappears and when I select Sub Regions as well, all Northwestern Europe-related ancestry disappear from the map. Hopefully, this will change after LDNA have updated the data after the summer (as promised) for the region. (mentioned at livingdna.com/one-family/research )

I'm from the southern part of Sweden. For the last centuries, the majority of my ancestors (on both my father's and my mother's side) came from this part of the country and before this part became Swedish in 1658, it belonged to Denmark for at least 600 years. As far as I can tell, I have very few relatives coming from the north part of Sweden (even if many of have moved north in recent years).

Anyone else who has had the same experience regarding the maps changing dramatically while selecting both Cautious and Sub Regions?

I hadn't seen Swedish Living DNA results yet.

Results from eastern England correspond to Anglo-Saxon and Danish ancestry and are currently shared with people from the Benelux, NW Germany and Denmark.

Germanics tends to be higher in Germany itself, but I suppose also southern Scandinavia.

I am not sure, but 'Scandinavia' probably corresponds more to Norway and central to northern Sweden.

These are preliminary results that will be updated several times as the One Family One World Projects progresses.

Thanks for the input.

I have uploaded my data to genesis.gedmatch.com but I'm unsure which project is the best to use for Admixture Proportions? I have tested some projects, but I'll get a very wide selection of result between the different projects. Which one is more reliable or useful for a person with LivingDNA results like mine?

Update on my DNA results:

[FONT=&quot]LivingDNA March Update: North West Europe 96.5% (Germanic 43.2%, Scandinavian 53.3%), East Europe 3.5% (Finland & Western Russia 3.5%)
MyHeritage: North and West Europe 87.1% (Scandinavian 54.5%, English 32.6%), East Europe 12.9% (Baltic 12.9%)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FTDNA: Scandinavian 70%, East Europe 30% (file from MyHeritage)[/FONT]

This thread has been viewed 3942 times.

Back