Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Were most men killed off 7000 years ago?

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    You're the ones asserting this ridiculous "hypothesis". ...............
    Thank-you for your view on these subjects.

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    Thank-you for your view on these subjects.
    Not my view,Silesian, but the view of archaeologists, as you'd know if you took my advice and used our search engine and google scholar.

Find me proof of the growing of wheat and grapes and the making of alcohol on the steppes before the Near East and the Balkans or other areas in Europe proper and I'll be happy to amend my view. Indeed, find proof that what I wrote is disproved by the scientific consensus on the other subjects and I'll amend my views on those as well.

All I do is follow the evidence.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    Prove me wrong-
    Yamnaya pottery is stratified above Repin, and their kurgans are in the same region.Hajji Firuz pottery is a completely different style-another early center of wine production, not found at Repin sites. Grapes need a certain environment to grow, deserts are not known for growing grapes.
    Alcohol consumption went up in the Americas speaking Indigenous people[including Eskimoo]; after the arrival of European peoples.
    Some groups/tribes who have come in contact with Indo-European speaking people adopted their use/language of the wheel. For example can you give the name of wheel in the following Afar, Amhara, Anlo-Ewe, Ashanti, Bakongo, Bambara, Bemba ?
    Or can you show an example [archeological predating Maykop/Maykop Steppe] ancient wheel artifact from the Proto-Canaanites-Proto Siniatic script/Phonecians, who styled the earliest known alphabet symbol "Teth" to mean/designate a wheel.
    Lots of unrelated facts in your post (so what if alcohol consumption went up in the Americas? Is your hypothesis for that Copper Age/Bronze Age transformation based on a big "what if?" using as a basis a sequence of events of the Modern Era more than 4000 years later? Really?). Pottery had existed for thousands of years when the Indo-Europeans even started to be noticed. Ditto for wine, beer (especially), other alcohol beverages, weed, and so on. Wheels were already found (no speculation, archaeological findings) in non-IE societies of the Fertile Crescent (Sumeria) and EEF Eastern Europe (Cucuteni-Tripolye, Funnelbeaker) as early as 3500-3200 BCE, when Indo-Europeans were still at the very beginning of their Eurasian expansion and still concentrated in and around the Pontic-Caspian steppe (not even CWC existed then).

You can't possibly expect us to just "fantasize" that Indo-Europeans somewhere in a remote steppe were somehow the only people that had ever made good use of those things invented far from their homeland, by other peoples milennia before. Okay, we understand, you've found "your" hypothesis. But it's still you who have to prove that things happened that way, not us the ones who need to prove that things could not have happened that way. This is not how science works. You must prove you're right first - and present strong evidences not only about the Indo-Europeans, but even more importantly about the non-Indo-Europeans, because your hypothesis depends on their not being prepared to deal with those supposedly "Indo-European innovations" (the whole comparison with Native Americans etc.).

As for wine production, Angela already said most of what I wanted to say. I'll just wait for your proofs that grapes grow should much more easily, productive and tasty, in the environment near Samara or maybe a bit to its south around Volgograd, than in the Mediterranean coast or in the hills and valleys south of the Caucasus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Well, I guess he doesn't go for the reproductive advantage of elites over centuries, or never inhabited areas, population crashes, plague, etc. occurring prior to or at the same time as migrations to explain the bottleneck in y lineages, and hearkens back to the old, they just exterminated each other, even within "ethnic" groups, until only a few lines were left.
    A Romanian joke. "Men are stupid! For a hole they take a sieve, and women for a sausage take a whole pig."

Banned

I think first of all something else.
    https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...l=1#post551805

Not 7000 but 4000+ years ago.
    Not only men, but also women.
    Not just killed, but drowned.
    It was the Flood.

Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    Our history is ridiculous, what were the females reaction to all of this ? your tribe and husband killed and then you become the property of an alpha male master who rapes you whenever he desired. hahahaha
    Were the women really such static and passive actors in all of this ?
    Who said that those women had to love their men. Do you think they weren't passive and raped with them? Women usually like those that give them protection and a better economic position

Quote Originally Posted by Expredel View Post
    My point is that it is relevant. The Indo-Europeans could have taken over the entire continent by selling wine to the indigenous Europeans, yup, in bell shaped vases.
    We're not talking about the Info Europeans, this thread is about the first farmers that exterminated Hunter Gatherer men.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234