What DNA tests did you take?

Dema

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
J2-M205
What tests did you do, what tests you want to do, and what did you learn so far?

I did Y-111 STRs, BIG-Y (waiting result), Autosomal, also i tested uncle line Y-37 + single SNP.
My Ydna is J2b1>PH4306>Y22066, my maternal (uncle) Ydna is J2b2>Z2638>PH1751, and autosomal; 79% Southeast Europe, 18% East Europe, 2% North African, 1% Palestinian - Jewish.

Didn't do any mtDNA tests.

Genebase, 23andMe, Ancestry, FTDNA...Y-DNA is R1a>L664>YP943, MtDNA is H4a1, have done Y-111 STRs, Big Y, Full Sequence MtDNA. For calculators have done GenePlaza, Gedmatch, Genecove, DNALand, Lukasz' K36 Full Report. I must be stopped.

Genebase, 23andMe, Ancestry, FTDNA...Y-DNA is R1a>L664>YP943, MtDNA is H4a1, have done Y-111 STRs, Big Y, Full Sequence MtDNA. For calculators have done GenePlaza, Gedmatch, Genecove, DNALand, Lukasz' K36 Full Report. I must be stopped.

Congrats, you would be heavily tested person!

Actually we are about the same, you lack uncle line Ydna, while i lack mtDNA. And ofc i dont have 23andme, im all in FTDNA

Congrats, you would be heavily tested person!

Actually we are about the same, you lack uncle line Ydna, while i lack mtDNA. And ofc i dont have 23andme, im all in FTDNA
And after all that, the only thing I've learned is to trust your genealogical paper trail. DNA testing is good for finding cousins, and that's it. My experience with DNA testing and the divergent results all amount to the same breath-taking news...I'm of European descent.

This thread has been viewed 4988 times.

Back