Modern Italians who resemble busts from the classical era

Scipio Africanus look alike from Reggio Calabria: politician Marco Minniti. :)

There's a whole series of busts that look like this. As I said, some internet genius opined that because they were carved of black stone and he had Africa as part of his name that he had SSA ancestry. He comes, instead, from a branch of the "very" Patrician gens Cornelii. The name is because of his exploits against the Carthaginians. I mean, you can never underestimate the stupidity of some people. :)

bust_roman_general_publius_co_hi.jpg

He doesn't have a sense of humor either, apparently.
Marco-Minniti.jpg

Also looks like Pierluigi Collina from Bologna - absolutely screams of Taurid:

2315886-48216490-2560-1440.jpg

PA-2325788.jpg

That's a perfect phenotype to me, if I could choose to say genetically engineer a new race I'd give them that phenotype (so ridiculous I know). Evolutionarily, high-skulled planoccipitals with wide foreheads maximise prefrontal cortex volume (and so intelligence - lots of studies about skull shapes/brain volumes and intelligence/IQ). Nasal form is also masculine as hell and screams willpower to me. You may snigger, but for example look at this comparison:

CTJw3yC.jpg

ZvNLMUU.jpg

You can see their personality just from their appearance and nasal form in particular - and it isn't a coincidence f.e. that the top woman is a right-wing, lesbian politician. Of course, it doesn't need mentioning that the point is that nasal convexity is a masculine trait, and in any phenotype men always tend towards greater nasal convexity than women.

His face is very Italian.

Also, I knew a girl from Naples who had his pigmentation. It is not unknown in the region.

My paternal Grandfather and two of his children (my Uncles), also have dark-red hair and some freckles.

Edit..

Last edited:
His face is very Italian.

Also, I knew a girl from Naples who had his pigmentation. It is not unknown in the region.

That's clearly ethnocentric thinking, but I definitely agree it looks more Italian (generally Adriatic) than say NW European - pigmentation aside.

He wouldn't pass too well in the UK, for instance.

That's clearly ethnocentric thinking, but I definitely agree it looks more Italian (generally Adriatic) than say NW European - pigmentation aside.

He wouldn't pass too well in the UK, for instance.

There are a lot of people in the Cambs area (UK), in small towns, with dark hair and brown eyes, I know some of them and they're 100% British.

Being ethnocentric is your thing.

New reconstruction from "Césares de Roma", Nero:

52717048_761801544200878_6928310529425408_o.jpg

52605205_761801540867545_8759353588490174464_o.jpg

52712776_761801040867595_4073740312336400384_o.jpg

52658365_761801314200901_3464174179748675584_o.jpg

51892046_753630691684630_5824154315425579008_o.jpg

51790151_753630771684622_4541993856152895488_o.jpg

49749294_735895970124769_3459030299281719296_o.jpg

I think my brother looks a lot like Nero ( we Image1551206870.721003.jpgare circa 1/4 italians), and J2 23155 ( a PF 5456 clade) Y chromosome.

There are other ethnicities that have some people that could look like him, but I think this kind of look is seen in Italians. Especially apparent with out the beard and hair; it is his facial features particularly.

Bust of Venus:
36915085_2_x-1.jpeg

The beautiful opera singer: Lina Cavalleri

lina-cavalieri.jpg

In Quo Vadis they chose Elena Sagro to play Poppaea. Not bad.
6810649272_424c0b1f9d_z.jpg

Could be Poppaea, or Octavia. It's a definite "type" though.

oct001.jpg

although its claimed otherwise alot of these roman busts like aussies or more specific bikie type aussies.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

macrinus looks really aussie in my opinion. i understand italians dont want their civilization hijacked which is understandable but why shouldnt various emperors look like the northerners when they were the ones who bought the latin tongue into italy ?

many emperors came from 20 families, clans would be more appropriate (so ive read). is it ppssible they retained some of the more indo european traits. they werent greeks or sicilians, we have to remember that. i think the anti celtic phenom is largely lead by italians who come from areas where those teibes did not make a major impact aka calabrians and sicilians.

ive been looking over some of these busts and they imho look very celtic influenced.

tune in for some examples.

is my example showing to everyone, what do you think.

I think you don't look like Hadrian, and no amount of "posing" will make you look like him.

You look British and Hadrian was not British and didn't look British.

I think you don't look like Hadrian, and no amount of "posing" will make you look like him.

You look British and Hadrian was not British and didn't look British.
that guy certiainly is not me, its a finks mc guy. of course hadrian was not british, yet a large amount of those emperor busts look suspiciously anglo-celtic. why should that be of any surprise as Italy is a R1B heavy nation.

they arent dinarics or balkaners either.

Tiberius looks almost north caucasian imho. Lucius Brutus, i have seen that face before.

Angela you seem to be vehemently against any suggestion that these busts dont look like italians. perhaps they more resemble northern italians but as i dont know any and the italians who i have seen have all been southern italians.

would it be so far fetched that they do resemble anglo-celts. italy did undergo bronze age invasions, latin is a celtic language, italy has alot of R1B. we arent talking some scandanvian theory that they were all norweigan look alikes we are talking about the people who fathered italia.

those big shnoz's are also seen among the anglo-celt population aswell. take merv hughes as example.

83d406f73c1d863d13c74a52924cae95.jpg

I don't take biased, political stands about people's phenotypes. There are some Italians who could pass in northwestern Europe. Likewise there are some Brits who could pass as Italians, although not many. We're not alien to each other, you know. We share common ancestry. Northwestern Europeans have a lot of Neolithic ancestry, and we have some WHG and steppe.

Perhaps there were some Northern Italians during the Roman Era who could have passed in northwestern Europe, i.e. Livy, from Patavia, now Padua in the Veneto, or maybe Pliny from now Como. However, the sculptures held to show their likeness show men who look Northern Italian to me, and I'm sure to other Italians. The problem is that foreigners don't know or appreciate the diversity that exists in Italy in terms of phenotype.
antiochus_iii_louvre5.237x0-is-pid9204.jpg

Picture7-697x1024.png

Anyone with two eyes unblinded by agenda would know just from walking through the sculpture galleries of Italian museums and then at the Italians around them that the ancient phenotypes are alive and well.

I would suggest you go through the whole thread and you'll see what I mean.

I don't take biased, political stands about people's phenotypes. There are some Italians who could pass in northwestern Europe. Likewise there are some Brits who could pass as Italians, although not many. We're not alien to each other, you know. We share common ancestry. Northwestern Europeans have a lot of Neolithic ancestry, and we have some WHG and steppe.

Perhaps there were some Northern Italians during the Roman Era who could have passed in northwestern Europe, i.e. Livy, from Patavia, now Padua in the Veneto, or maybe Pliny from now Como. However, the sculptures held to show their likeness show men who look Northern Italian to me, and I'm sure to other Italians. The problem is that foreigners don't know or appreciate the diversity that exists in Italy in terms of phenotype.
antiochus_iii_louvre5.237x0-is-pid9204.jpg

Picture7-697x1024.png

Anyone with two eyes unblinded by agenda would know just from walking through the sculpture galleries of Italian museums and then at the Italians around them that the ancient phenotypes are alive and well.

I would suggest you go through the whole thread and you'll see what I mean.
thats fair of course although i do think the very first bust you posted, vespasian looks a bit more like bill murray.

if i do post examples who do look like ancient roman busts and you shut me down arent you showing political and ethnic bias ?

i can only give my opinion based on what i see aswell. and while north italians might look a bit like those busts, well i cant say otherwise as ive never been there.

what is that neolithic admixture, is it j2 on the female side ?

does google actually show a majority of busts that are seen in italian museums ?

i initially thought lucius brutus but changed my mind. maxentius.
a90f25dd2586a645049401e164f517a2.jpg
906945301ed1f7e05bd35075050c07e4.jpg
2d11171132e6d7600e9ba716e22387fb.jpg
690bebd6c5eb3dfae75189159eb97ba0.jpg

thats fair of course although i do think the very first bust you posted, vespasian looks a bit more like bill murray.

if i do post examples who do look like ancient roman busts and you shut me down arent you showing political and ethnic bias ?

i can only give my opinion based on what i see aswell. and while north italians might look a bit like those busts, well i cant say otherwise as ive never been there.

what is that neolithic admixture, is it j2 on the female side ?

does google actually show a majority of busts that are seen in italian museums ?

British people are darker probably because of the Celts if anything nothing to do much else apart from that. The early English were really Mesolithic Celts and related to the Welsh but Anglo Saxon ( North German ) and invasions from Vikings and Western European Celts changed all that. Ethnic English people are North German or Viking the Western European Celtic and Roman/Iberian stuff is very secondary.

Russell Brand looks to me a bit Atlantid. Atlantid types are found in the Midlands here pretty often

This thread has been viewed 66016 times.

Back