Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 116 of 116

Thread: Modern Italians who resemble busts from the classical era

  1. #101
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    30-03-18
    Posts
    31


    Country: Australia





    Quote Originally Posted by Lenab View Post
    British people are darker probably because of the Celts if anything nothing to do much else apart from that. The early English were really Mesolithic Celts and related to the Welsh but Anglo Saxon ( North German ) and invasions from Vikings and Western European Celts changed all that. Ethnic English people are North German or Viking the Western European Celtic and Roman/Iberian stuff is very secondary.


    Russell Brand looks to me a bit Atlantid. Atlantid types are found in the Midlands here pretty often
    i was under the assuption the vikings and anglo saxons dna input was quite negligable.

    ive assumed darker celts are just people who have more of the J2 on the mothers side coming out.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  2. #102
    Regular Member Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered
    Lenab's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-12-17
    Posts
    711

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

    Country: United Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by lynxbythetv View Post
    i was under the assuption the vikings and anglo saxons dna input was quite negligable.


    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    No English people are predominantly Saxon ( North German ) and Viking. But it's not exactly something to be proud of it's more to do with ethnically cleansing the original populations and people here.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j617mImHVvk&t=101s

    The English are Germans The Welsh are real Britons


    ive assumed darker celts are just people who have more of the J2 on the mothers side coming out.

    I don't know about Mother lines in terms of darkness but I will tell you this. I know a guy who is J2 who is partly English partly Welsh ( I won't post his picture here for privacy reasons ) he looks typically English like a Brunn type ( British people who are North European are usually Brunn and Borreby ) mousy hair pinkish ruddy pale skin with bright blue eyes. So I can't say that would mean much on the Father's line in some cases and I was really quite surprised when he told me that.
    Last edited by Lenab; 24-08-19 at 15:26.

  3. #103
    Regular Member Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered
    Lenab's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-12-17
    Posts
    711

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

    Country: United Kingdom





    That's his result he just sent me it's very typical of UK people
    Last edited by Lenab; 24-08-19 at 15:27.

  4. #104
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    30-03-18
    Posts
    31


    Country: Australia



    1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    magnus maximus. is magnus a strange name for ancient italics ?

    anyway this is one similarish.



    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    Moderator Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,812
    Points
    89,435
    Level
    93
    Points: 89,435, Level: 93
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,815
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynxbythetv View Post
    magnus maximus. is magnus a strange name for ancient italics ?

    anyway this is one similarish.



    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Why are you spamming pictures of Australian convicts? The title of this thread is "Modern Italians who resemble busts from the classical era".

    Stop spamming, and derailing the thread.

  6. #106
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    30-03-18
    Posts
    31


    Country: Australia



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Why are you spamming pictures of Australian convicts? The title of this thread is "Modern Italians who resemble busts from the classical era".

    Stop spamming, and derailing the thread.
    im sorry if you regard it as spamming as im just contributing. perhaps i got lost in regards to the main title.

    its just there arent all that many italian examples on offer. if your feeling threatened, well dont. but if your seeing a resemblance that you struggle to find among italians then take up the challenge and prove me wrong. its just a bit of fun mate, relax.


    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  7. #107
    Moderator Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,812
    Points
    89,435
    Level
    93
    Points: 89,435, Level: 93
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,815
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Then perhaps you should take a look at the rest of the thread, and not post. Since you obviously have nothing of value to contribute to the subject. As you have demonstrated already.

    Threatened? Don't get too ahead of yourself pal.

  8. #108
    Moderator Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,812
    Points
    89,435
    Level
    93
    Points: 89,435, Level: 93
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,815
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    If you want to make a different thread, no one is stopping you. We handle posts and threads on a case-by-case basis. But don't ruin this one by derailing it.

  9. #109
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    30-03-18
    Posts
    31


    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    If you want to make a different thread, no one is stopping you. We handle posts and threads on a case-by-case basis. But don't ruin this one by derailing it.
    ok, i will do that.

    Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

  10. #110
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,560
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,560, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    No, the English are not predominantly Anglo-Saxon or Germanic. Please read Cassidy et al.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  11. #111
    Regular Member Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered
    Lenab's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-12-17
    Posts
    711

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

    Country: United Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    No, the English are not predominantly Anglo-Saxon or Germanic. Please read Cassidy et al.
    Yes they are in the South it's where the Saxon peoples settled.

  12. #112
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,560
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,560, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Lenab View Post
    Yes they are in the South it's where the Saxon peoples settled.
    It's already been studied and settled. READ THE FREAKING PAPERS.

    Schiffels et al (including Wolfgang Haafk)
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4735688/

    Anglo Saxon input reaches a MAXIMUM of 30-40 percent depending on the area.

  13. #113
    Regular Member Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered
    Lenab's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-12-17
    Posts
    711

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

    Country: United Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    It's already been studied and settled. READ THE FREAKING PAPERS.

    Schiffels et al (including Wolfgang Haafk)
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4735688/

    Anglo Saxon input reaches a MAXIMUM of 30-40 percent depending on the area.
    It's 40 percent on average so again this makes up the genes of them being ''one thing'' the rest would be followed by Celtic Viking and others which will come in smaller portions. It's in South England in North England they are probably more Viking then Saxon Celtic etc afterwards.

  14. #114
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,560
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,560, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Lenab View Post
    It's 40 percent on average so again this makes up the genes of them being ''one thing'' the rest would be followed by Celtic Viking and others which will come in smaller portions. It's in South England in North England they are probably more Viking then Saxon Celtic etc afterwards.
    I suggested you read the paper. Clearly you didn't. It ISN'T 40% on AVERAGE. It's 30-40% percent in some counties and much less in the others.

    When you're wrong it's usually helpful to just admit you're wrong. People respect you more.

  15. #115
    Regular Member Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered
    Lenab's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-12-17
    Posts
    711

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

    Country: United Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I suggested you read the paper. Clearly you didn't. It ISN'T 40% on AVERAGE. It's 30-40% percent in some counties and much less in the others.

    When you're wrong it's usually helpful to just admit you're wrong. People respect you more.
    I got 40 percent on my result from my Father's side and if you want I will upload the haplogroups that prove it. Like I said it's mostly one thing of Saxon the Viking Celtic other things are usually less whatever I won't argue.

  16. #116
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,560
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,560, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Lenab View Post
    I got 40 percent on my result from my Father's side and if you want I will upload the haplogroups that prove it. Like I said it's mostly one thing of Saxon the Viking Celtic other things are usually less whatever I won't argue.
    My God. There's really nothing more to say if you don't get that uniparentals have nothing to do with percentages of autosomal admixture.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •