When people elect their own dictator

Erdogan became popular because he claimes to be responsable for the economic recovery of Turkey.
Instead he destroyed it.
Obviously the Turks are to late to realise that.
They'll have to pay the price for that when it will become all to obvious.

When people stop touch other countries works? when people don't touch and invade iraq, vietnam, syria for democracy lies. this is better problems than dictators.

i am an atheist and living peaceful and good in turkey.

nobody wanna touch me and kill me.

erdogan doing good stuff about democracy.

before years kurdish people not speaking their own language. but today they can.

before years girls dont take hijab in university. but today they can.

only i dont accept block for wikipedia or something.

erdoğan and akp doing all of this stuff. but europe/usa dont wanna see this.

they only think about his own interests.

middle eastern only a oil/money area for them.

they dont care anything humanity or democracy for us i think. (we know them what they did in history lol)

if you real care about people, help that all innocent peoples help africa, help native americans (they living so bad in america, and mr trump create a wall for their descendants now.) and help middle easterns and take more and more refugees from syria.

we open the door all of them.

i think we are more democratic and humanist for the world.

dont believe the propaganda of sionists/imperialist

Native Americans pay zero taxes. No one buys anymore this anti western propaganda. Your eastern civilization don't produce anything except hatred.

And your dictator isn't only a dictator, but even the most ridiculous among them. At least Putin doesn't look ridiculous

Erdogan's re-election with vastly expanded powers makes him a virtual dictator in the eyes of many. Well, 53% of the population has decided for everyone that this is the way to go. It's not the first time a dictator has been elected, and in Europe, to boot. Now they're stuck with the consequences.
See:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/24/...l?smid=nytcore-ipad-share&smprod=nytcore-ipad
So you start a thread about Turkey, while you aren't living here in southeast Europe.
Since when Erdogan is elected!! No one elected him there. Everything there is rigged and controlled by this bloodthirsty dictator. They had not elections there. Zero absolute. They have a law there , that if you say anything against the president, police should arrest you because of insulting the president.

More simply in more traditional societies people prefer to be ruled by visible dictators that have visible agendas based on the preservation of traditional values( family, religion, national pride) instead of being ruled by invisible dictators with invisible agendas ( like banksters, free masons, globalists of all kind) that put forward a model of a "liquid society" where every traditional and natural bond is destroyed just to adore the new gods: the financial markets.

Since year now, Turkey is under dictatorial rule. They had no elections there. Hence your theory has no relevance in Turkey

Well. that is true only if you are a liberal. conservative surely too pursue personal wealth and prosperity ( that is universal) but in addition and before all they prefer the preservation of traditional values like I said: family, national culture and heritage, religious values....we are not only consumers we are also citizen and son of our motherland.
As for your second sentence... that is true only in regard to home policy.....I do not think for example that conservatives in USA that voted for Trump are so enthusiast about laissez-faire on a international level. That is the reason why Trumpeconomics is going toward more protectionism and trade war.....but it is strange that I have to remind you ( you live in the USA) the basics of american politics.
As a more european kind of conservative anyway I'm not of the idea that being strongly pro-market and defense of traditional values can go hand in hand always. That does not mean that I support dictatorship. I'm only suggesting why people think that freedom is better preserved when traditional values are protected. Hence the decision by many of them to prefer an authoritarian "traditionalistic" regime instead of the more impersonal and much more pervasive dictatorship of hidden unchecked and undemocratic forces.
But if I would be a Turk I wouldn't vote for Erdogan.

The reason one why Trump has won, it's ;making USA great again. It has nothing to do with traditionalism

President Trump has canceled many Executive Orders, with the intention of forcing Congress to pass permanent laws.
This is the opposite of an authoritarian act.
He signed an executive order to implement neglected laws passed by Congress, as in the case of crossing the border illegally.
Also the opposite of an authoritarian act.
IMO Citizens vote for a candidate mainly for personal reasons, and secondarily for a collective interest.
Rhetoric without abuse of power does not make you become a dictator, especially if you can lose at the next free and fair elections.

Very correct. While Erdogan is abusing with power. You can't even say anything against , because that's against the law

Most European nations are dictatorships without freedom of speech, and I predict we'll see the end of freedom of speech in the USA around 2028. It's laughable to call Trump a dictator while the 1st amendment stands firm. In fact, Trump would have been prosecuted for his political statements in most European nations.

Erdogan became popular because he claimes to be responsable for the economic recovery of Turkey.
Instead he destroyed it.
Obviously the Turks are to late to realise that.
They'll have to pay the price for that when it will become all to obvious.

There was a certain level of economy recover, but it was at the beginning of Erdogan's leadership when he was prime minister

I really wish people would stop with "the Turks this", "the Turks that", as if they are all rabid Erdogan supporters. Given how rigged the voting probably was, the no vote was probably even higher than 47%.

The only responsibility of Turks about this situation, is that they aren't rebelling against Erdogan, and aren't rioting as well.

^^Oh, you mean like the people in Albania and the rest of the Balkans rebelled against their own dictatorial rulers?

^^Oh, you mean like the people in Albania and the rest of the Balkans rebelled against their own dictatorial rulers?

Angela, yes we did it. We rebelled against Enver Hoxha, Nicolae Ceaușescu, Milosevic and other minor dictators. Some of us died during these riots. Democracy should be protected all the time. Communism is one of the most vicious dictatorships in human history. You are lucky it stayed out of north America

Anyway, I think sooner or later Erdogan will fell down. Something kin to Ghedafi or Saddam.

Angela, yes we did it. We rebelled against Enver Hoxha, Nicolae Ceaușescu, Milosevic and other minor dictators. Some of us died during these riots. Democracy should be protected all the time. Communism is one of the most vicious dictatorships in human history. You are lucky it stayed out of north America

Anyway, I think sooner or later Erdogan will fell down. Something kin to Ghedafi or Saddam.

I was there in Ceaucescu’s Romania and know a fair number of refugees from that period. It took a long time and conditions of a completely different order of magnitude for people to rebel. Believe me, I’m not casting stones. It’s easy to be brave when it’s not your life on the line.

I just think it’s unfair to Turks to compare their situation now with the conditions under certain Balkan dictators. Things may change, of course.

I was in Roumenia and Bucharest early 1995, more than 5 years after Ceaucescu was lynched, and the scarfs were still visible.
The country was exhausted and had come to a complete standstill.
If I had come one year earlier, I'd had to bring my own food with me, because food was still rationed then.
It made a big impression on me, but I also got very lucky.
I missed my plane, TAROM flight 371 to Brussels, which crashed short after take-off. The crew and all passengers died.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAROM_Flight_371

I agree it is much easier for Turks to rebel against Erdogan than to those kind of dictators.
53 % of Turks still voted for him and firmly believe in him.
Sorry for my bluntness, but it is not fear that stops those 53 % from rebelling, it is stupidity.

i really dont believe erdoğan is a dictator. this is american and european propaganda. i don't believe america and european union think about good thinks for our peoples. they are support terrorist organizations for our country.

we are just muslims and strangers for europeans. and i think they want back their constantinople.

yes erdoğan doing block wikipedia. and send to jail some traitor journalists.

but they are not only journalists they like jullian assange. they are traitor to own country.

its a crime everywhere on the world.

also erdoğan doing good things about kurdish people. they are free for speaking kurdish today. they have television channels.

but you cant speak kurdish before than erdoğan.

i can't believe europe and usa how lie and bad propaganda about erdoğan.

i think thats all project for the new world order. middle eastern oil, kurdistan, big israel, and destroy the turkey and all muslim countries.

i dont believe saddam, kaddafi or others tottaly bad peoples and dictators clearly. if peoples want and like them who care?

maybe they are just puppets for the destroy middle eastern countries.

but you never understand this. i am sure you guys also believe el kaide-isis-9/11 events lol.

i think so many people under a brainwashing with american/european media

i and so many peoples in the world clealry see that dirty game. also i am atheist and not voted for erdoğan.

i must be say again you guys are totally under in the brainwashing for another areas of the world.

i really can say erdoğan is most democratic leader of the turkey republic history. (freedom for kurds, freedom for join unviersity with hijab. thats all revolution for the turkey.)

i really dont believe erdoğan is a dictator. this is american and european propaganda. i don't believe america and european union think about good thinks for our peoples. they are support terrorist organizations for our country.

we are just muslims and strangers for europeans. and i think they want back their constantinople.

but they are not only journalists they like jullian assange. they are traitor to own country.

also erdoğan doing good things about kurdish people. they are free for speaking kurdish today. they have television channels.

i think thats all project for the new world order. middle eastern oil, kurdistan, big israel, and destroy the turkey and all muslim countries.

i dont believe saddam, kaddafi or others tottaly bad peoples and dictators clearly. if peoples want and like them who care?

but you never understand this. i am sure you guys also believe el kaide-isis-9/11 events lol.

i and so many peoples in the world clealry see that dirty game. also i am atheist and not voted for erdoğan.

i must be say again you guys are totally under in the brainwashing for another areas of the world.

i really can say erdoğan is most democratic leader of the turkey republic history. (freedom for kurds, freedom for join unviersity with hijab. thats all revolution for the turkey.)

Are you a JOKE !!!

I was there in Ceaucescu’s Romania and know a fair number of refugees from that period. It took a long time and conditions of a completely different order of magnitude for people to rebel. Believe me, I’m not casting stones. It’s easy to be brave when it’s not your life on the line.

I just think it’s unfair to Turks to compare their situation now with the conditions under certain Balkan dictators. Things may change, of course.

I do agree , it's too hard to rebel against dictatorships. It may cost our lives. However, the kind of communist dictatorships we had was too harsh compared with this Erdogan's dictatorial rule. I think Turkish people have better chances to rebel against Erdogan today.
I spent my childhood in a communist regime, and I remember well when I couldn't had even my preferred haircut because it was against the communist discipline. Let alone other things like saying your opinion in public. Everything was forbidden. You couldn't kiss even your wife in public.

Personally , I would rebel against any dictator, but certainly can't do it alone.

No one want to destroy Muslim countries. They are already destroyed and a mess , and a disgrace for humanity.

Turkey doesn't recognize the Kurdish minority , despite there are millions of ethnic Kurds dwelling within Turkey. (Though this was even before Erdogan)

If I travel in Turkey, and I would say anything against the president , police has the right by law to arrest me. There's against the law to say anything impolite to Erdogan.

This thread has been viewed 23063 times.

Back