Fisrt Post - I-CTS11603

ECOSSE

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-CTS11603
Hello -

I have been researching my Paternal line for a few years as I did not know my Fathers side of the family. After yDNA, I discovered I am I-CTS11603, I also match to 3 families all from Dumfries area of Scotland. This has been a surprise to me as I was never told of this Scottish connection. I have been able to track back to my 2nd GGrandfather (Allegany, NY area), however, I am at a brick wall now.

Hopefully this this site will be a source for my research into this line.

If anyone has information on I-CTS11603, of course I would be happy to hear about it ;)

Cheers!
Steve

Hi Steve. I'm so glad you're here and researching your Y line. Did you test the SNP CTS11603 with FTDNA or another service? Have you done any STR testing?

Hi Steve. I'm so glad you're here and researching your Y line. Did you test the SNP CTS11603 with FTDNA or another service? Have you done any STR testing?

I did test SNP11603 with FTDNA, I am also awaiting results on the I1 - CTS10028 SNP Pack. I also, decided to "up" my 67 Marker to 111.... results should be in within a month or so (I hope).

My original testing was with Ancestry and the Autosomal DNA, I felt this was good back to about 4 or 5 generations and was good to reference with family "known" documentation. Now that I exhausted that it is time for deeper testing, which I find to be very interesting.

Cheers!
Steve

Very nice. From www.yfull.com Y tree, your furthest tested SNP is common in Scandinavia and Britain. The further SNP testing may refine that a bit further.

This thread has been viewed 5557 times.

Back