The Atlantic Megalith cultures were R1b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2018, we still don't have an answer why G2a levels dropped so drastically though. This appears to be the case in LBK, but also apparently in the Iberian Neolithic with a reflux of local I2 lineages. The mtDNA shows continuity.

My take would be men are more dependent of their fathers' lifestyle and women more dependent of their husbands' lifestyle. Let take a bloodless, monogamous, consensual sex, without epidemics, without competition for land scenario, as family friendly as it could have been.

Weather get bad in Europe, a village of 100 families of farmers barely manage to keep their number from one generation to the next, with an average of 1 son and 1 daughter per family. Pushed by the same bad weathers, 10 families of herders come by and find some poor land farmers didn't find suitable for their crops. They settle there, the farmer welcome these new neighbors, on who they could rely on in times of need. To seal their new friendship, all the herders daughters and sons and to marry farmer kids. The herders' live stock fare well and they manage to have on average 2 sons and 2 daughters. For then on, herders and farmers will only marry between themselves.

At first generation we have:
100 farmer families and 10 herder families

On second generation we have:
100 farmer families and 20 herder families

On third generation we have:
100 farmer families and 40 herder families

On fourth generation we have:
100 farmer families and 80 herder families

On fifth generation we have:
100 farmer families and 160 herder families

On sixth generation we have:
100 farmer families and 320 herder families

On seventh generation we have:
100 farmer families and 640 herder families

After 150 years, the weather finally get better, farmers now have 1,5 son and 1,5 daughter on average. On the farmer's end they now have crowded the best land for livestock and can only get 1,5 son and 1,5 daughter on average. Their numbers will now rise together. Herders' Y-DNA moved from a small 9% minority to a 86% majority. Farmers' Y-DNA passed from 91% to 14% even though their number stay the same for 150 years. On the mt-DNA side, since the first generation of herders marry exclusively farmer girls, all their descendants have farmers' mt-DNA. Also, most of 90% of the original families of farmers had farmers' mt-DNA, so 86% + 12% = 98% of this population is now farmers and only 2% are herders.

It took 6 generations with this family friendly model, but add epidemics, land competition, polygamy, negative population growth, massacres and you can get the same result in a one to three generations.

I would guess the R1b men's lifestyle was more successful at first and gave them an advantage early on which the locals could only equal after a few generations. That difference wasn't as significant when they entered Southern Europe, maybe the climate wasn't to their advantage or the local population was too dense and the new comers couldn't catch up their numbers.

Some people just aren't ready for primetime. People should have enough sense not to go posting theories when they haven't educated themselves, and that means READING THE APPROPRIATE papers.

Even after all the requests, I don't see any indication that's been done.

Continuing to engage arguments of that calibre might wind up confusing newbies into thinking there's some intellectual worth to them.

I strongly suggest that such posts be ignored.

Honestly I didn't want or believe I would get nearly as much attention as I have on this post. If anything, I put it here to test myself on these sort of matters, and I have learned a good deal from it. I'll be sure to better vent my ideas in the future.

However, I would like to remind you again that this thread was created after reading this:

"[FONT=&quot]Most of these regions (except central Europe) were already somehwat linked to each others as members of the [/FONT]Megalithic culture, which evolved from the Early Neolithic cultures. Although no Megalithic Y-DNA has been tested yet, Megalithic mtDNA from Brittany is a typical blend of Mesolithic (U5b) and Neolithic (K1a, N1a, X2) lineages, in direct continuity of the Cardium Pottery and Linear Pottery cultures. Consequently, Megalithic people were predominantly G2a people, with minorities of I2a1a, E1b1b and perhaps also J or T."

found here: https://www.eupedia.com/genetics/spain_portugal_dna.shtml

The site claimed that no Y-DNA was tested, and yet claims that G2a was dominant, which I found to be ridiculous, were they to be telling the truth.

Ironically, I made this thread originally because I found what I thought was to be a claim with no evidence.

The questions have been asked and answered. Nothing remains but to read and COMPREHEND the papers.

The thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 35532 times.

Back