Classify this long faced guy

Thank you for your answer
Yeah, don't mean to start an argument, but people shouldn't be offended over inaccurate guesses in classification threads like this, it ruins the fun and discourages participation. I doubt you were t-rolling unless you guessed him as Chinese or Russian.

Yeah, don't mean to start an argument, but people shouldn't be offended over inaccurate guesses in classification threads like this, it ruins the fun and discourages participation. I doubt you were t-rolling unless you guessed him as Chinese or Russian.

I understood thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I don't know what game some of you think you're playing, but I'm not amused.

Please let's not pretend there's not a cottage industry out there posting the most exotic Sicilians they can find and then saying all Sicilians look like some Middle Eastern or even Indian or God knows what other nationality. NONE of it is done honestly or with good intent. I don't know who you think you're kidding.

Some Sicilian phenotypes overlap with some phenotypes from Turkey or the Middle East. There's nothing unexpected about that or offensive in pointing it out. Most don't. There's a lot of variation in Sicily, as I tried to show.

@Ironside,
Please repost the pictures, preferably as imgur shots so they don't disappear again. I'd like to take a shot at finding out who he is.

You didn't find it odd that the person who has his pictures AND his gedmatch results won't tell you his actual nationality? Pretty t-rollish behavior, wouldn't you say?

If you didn't want my reaction you shouldn't have sent me a pm requesting my participation.

@Lenab,
The first two pictures indeed look like Sicilians, some of the models don't. How do you know they're Sicilians?

Franco Battiato:

franco-battiato-attends-due-volte-delta-photocall-during-the-9th-rome-picture-id457711694

I didn't think of him, probably because the original subject looked so dark. There is some similarity. Is whomever started this happy now? Mission accomplished?

I don't know what game some of you think you're playing, but I'm not amused.

Please let's not pretend there's not a cottage industry out there posting the most exotic Sicilians they can find and then saying all Sicilians look like some Middle Eastern or even Indian or God knows what other nationality. NONE of it is done honestly or with good intent. I don't know who you think you're kidding.

Some Sicilian phenotypes overlap with some phenotypes from Turkey or the Middle East. There's nothing unexpected about that or offensive in pointing it out. Most don't. There's a lot of variation in Sicily, as I tried to show.

@Ironside,
Please repost the pictures, preferably as imgur shots so they don't disappear again. I'd like to take a shot at finding out who he is.

You didn't find it odd that the person who has his pictures AND his gedmatch results won't tell you his actual nationality? Pretty t-rollish behavior, wouldn't you say?

@Lenab,
The first two pictures indeed look like Sicilians, some of the models don't. How do you know they're Sicilians?
Are you referring to me?!

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I Googled Sicilians and it was some model runway I assume in Italy?

The fashion industry doesn't work that way. Just because Dolce and Gabbana is an Italian line doesn't mean they're going to use all or even any Italian models, no matter where the show is held. Models from all over the world work in Milano, for example.

For years, their signature male model has been David Gandy, who is completely English. He is very Med looking, however, and gorgeous, of course, but not Italian.
Massimo+Dutti+Lookbook+April+2013++(1).jpg

In this one the female model appearing with him is indeed Italian: Bianca Balti. I hope you're of age: Dolce pushes the envelope.

In this one the male model is Ango-American, and the woman is half French and half Corsican, although she looks very Italian to me. The extras might very well be Sicilian, but I don't know for sure. Casting directors cast according to their own stereotypes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSPmEEzExk

The fashion industry doesn't work that way. Just because Dolce and Gabbana is an Italian line doesn't mean they're going to use all or even any Italian models, no matter where the show is held. Models from all over the world work in Milano, for example.

For years, their signature male model has been David Gandy, who is completely English. He is very Med looking, however, and gorgeous, of course, but not Italian.
Massimo+Dutti+Lookbook+April+2013++(1).jpg

In this one the female model appearing with him is indeed Italian: Bianca Balti. I hope you're of age: Dolce pushes the envelope.

In this one the male model is Ango-American, and the woman is half French and half Corsican, although she looks very Italian to me. The extras might very well be Sicilian, but I don't know for sure. Casting directors cast according to their own stereotypes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSPmEEzExk
Well I know that but they don't state the ethnicity of them either way but whatever the first two pics fine

That British guy looks Atlantid

Well I know that but they don't state the ethnicity of them either way but whatever the first two pics fine

That British guy looks Atlantid

If you don't KNOW the ethnicity, DON'T POST THE PICTURE to make a point. Simple.

As to Gandy, you're a minority. No one ever knew he wasn't Italian.

What I know of this guy is that he was thought to be Somali or South Asian by some people

Maybe they weren't serious when they classified him

Yes, indeed many Somalis and Ethiopians I've seen are veeeery dolichocephalic, so that would also make sense. But in terms of skin pigmentation and some other facial features (mouth, eyes etc.) I'd maintain my doubts. I'd still look for his ethnic origin somewhere between Tunisia/Libya and Saudi Arabia/Yemen.

I would agree, that or maybe a Yemeni.

I've never seen a Sicilian who looks like that, much less any other Italians, and I know hundreds of them.

These are a pretty good cross section of the ones I know.

Obviously, these are both actresses. Not all Sicilian women are as beautiful as Giusy Buscemi. A lot of Sicilian women are very brunette yet more beautiful than Cucinotta, imo.

I often think that South Italians, especially Sicilians and Calabrians, look very similar to people from southern Portugal. I don't know if that makes sense genetically, but considering both regions have a lot of EEF with some minor Levantine-like admixture and of course some minor "northern" (steppe-related) elements, I'd say there must be a connection. I know many of them would pass very easily (perfectly, in fact) as white Brazilians, most of whom have a phenotype that immediately cries "Portuguese!!!" or at the furthest "Portuguese with some Italian mixed in".

I challenge the gods of Olympus to a duel !!!

I often think that South Italians, especially Sicilians and Calabrians, look very similar to people from southern Portugal. I don't know if that makes sense genetically, but considering both regions have a lot of EEF with some minor Levantine-like admixture and of course some minor "northern" (steppe-related) elements, I'd say there must be a connection. I know many of them would pass very easily (perfectly, in fact) as white Brazilians, most of whom have a phenotype that immediately cries "Portuguese!!!" or at the furthest "Portuguese with some Italian mixed in".

True story. The last time I went to Disney World in Florida my children were in their teens. There were a lot of school groups from other countries there that day. By far the most attractive were a group of teen age girls from Brazil. Perhaps I didn't notice the differences, but my memory of them is that they were almost all rather below the average height of American girls, fine boned, with lovely slim figures, long shiny dark hair, dark eyes, Med features, and they were a sort of honey tan in skin color. How much of that was natural and how much was a tan I don't know, but they had a gorgeous skin color.

There are Sicilian girls who look like that, but a lot have stronger bone structure, if you know what I mean, some are more "Alpine" looking, and there's more variation in coloring. That's just my subjective opinion, of course.

They actually looked a lot like this actress, who has an Italian last name, but whom I actually thought was South American of some sort.

Morena Baccarin:
morena-baccarin-25871.jpg

In some pictures I see more of the Italian.
morena-baccarin-premiere-trouble-with-the-curve-04.jpg

A lot of the girls looked like Taina Muller too.
64446b5cb955c3601faec76de5240a4d.jpg

On these Boards a lot of people seem to think that Northern Portuguese are fairer. I won't dispute it. I haven't been all over Portugal. That's not the impression anyone would get by looking at Portuguese Americans here, however, even the ones from Portugal itself, not Azoreans etc. My nanny for years, who became like a member of our family, is from Porto, and she and her whole family and her groom are very dark. There's variation in the community, of course, but I wouldn't describe any of them as really fair.

These are people from her Portuguese Club. To my knowledge, a lot of them are from her home town. Going strictly by their features I don't think I'd mistake them for a group of Italians. Individuals could pass, yes, but not as a group.

11.jpg

Just as an aside, the spread the Club put out for her wedding was absolutely stupendous. I really like Portuguese food, and thanks to this community we have quite a few really great restaurants. I'm there about once a week, more often than I go to Italian restaurants. That I can make for myself. I particularly like bacalao, and they sometimes have rabbit, which I love. They also have a marvelous way with stews with clams and chorizo. Heaven. :)

Morena Baccarin:
morena-baccarin-25871.jpg

In some pictures I see more of the Italian.
morena-baccarin-premiere-trouble-with-the-curve-04.jpg

Morena Baccarin is a mix of Venetian (north Italian), Abruzzese (south Italian) and Portuguese. And who knows what else.

morena baccarin is a mix of venetian (north italian), abruzzese (south italian) and portuguese. And who knows what else.
deadpool!!!!!!!!!!!

Challenge accepted lmao

We shoud join IronSide. He needs allies to take on all the Gods of Olympus at once.
Our Kung-Fu is Strong and He knows Karate!
:grin:

This thread has been viewed 21560 times.

Back