Europe without Indo-European Invasion

Anyway, I do not know that really means much warfare and more diversity?

If multicultural America with its African American population, Hispanic population, East Asian population, diverse European populations was invaded by the Chinese and within 50 years you only have Chinese men living with the black, white, brown women of American, but 95% of the native men cannot be found. Is that new population more diverse or less diverse.

So every male in America being O3 and half chinese is less genetic uniformity. So Genghis Khan's warrior should have modeled their behavior after their predecessors' invasion of Europe and just chopped the heads off of every male for less genetic uniformity and more diversity in genetics. Very interesting.

If multicultural America with its African American population, Hispanic population, East Asian population, diverse European populations was invaded by the Chinese and within 50 years you only have Chinese men living with the black, white, brown women of American, but 95% of the native men cannot be found. Is that new population more diverse or less diverse.

So every male in America being O3 and half chinese is less genetic uniformity. So Genghis Khan's warrior should have modeled their behavior after their predecessors' invasion of Europe and just chopped the heads off of every male for less genetic uniformity and more diversity in genetics. Very interesting.
Can it sound too testosteronic? Sorry, but we must not underestimate the woman's power.
I'll think about it.

The fact that it happened over a 1000 years rules out natural disasters. For a natural disaster would have killed both man and woman, and all at once. The neolithic mtDNA remains. And the male line elimination occurs at the arrival of the invaders.

What I am curious about is did this happen before on the Steppe. Was there a native steppe population 10-15000 years ago that was also eliminated.

Remember in Europe an increase of 5% in Muslim population is being touted as White Genocide. And those Muslim migrants are simply migrants, wanting a better life, and there are those who say shoot them at the border (still a poll option at eupedia) or kick them out.

I am not the only one point out this is evidence of a genocide:

The Irish make reference to it: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/sci...na-marker-proof-of-ancient-genocide-1.1426197

The British twice published it in the paper: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/20/dutch-invaders-stonehenge-ancient-britons

https://www.theguardian.com/science...anged-britain-forever-ancient-dna-study-shows

There was not just a replacement for those in Britain and Ireland by the same R1b tribes, it happened in Gaul and Iberia and to a extent in Northern Italy with the Celts there too. And R1a replace I in the Baltics, along with replacing the I2 in Scandinavia. Parts of Central Europe were spared, allowing for the establishment of the Germanic people, which is mostly a combination of I1, R1b, I2 and some R1a.

This is like Armenian Genocide, only those tied to the genocide deny it.

Mesier 67 ...Sounds like you're too afraid of America's fate? Europe has gone through many and we are still here.

Survived. Thanks to the Germanics and Romans who brought back diversity to Europe.

But for many it was the life of a newlywed husband who wife was stolen and raped for 40 years, whose killer fathered children from his own wife. Is that survival for the victim. His seedline perished.

The Celts and the Slavs have been partying for the past 5000 years with other people's women.

Multiculturalism is good for Europe.

But that is what the irish times newspaper and the guardian newspaper are speaking about - someone's seedline gone forever, no children, no grandchildren. No descendants. None.

The fact that it happened over a 1000 years rules out natural disasters. For a natural disaster would have killed both man and woman, and all at once. The neolithic mtDNA remains. And the male line elimination occurs at the arrival of the invaders.

What I am curious about is did this happen before on the Steppe. Was there a native steppe population 10-15000 years ago that was also eliminated.

Remember in Europe an increase of 5% in Muslim population is being touted as White Genocide. And those Muslim migrants are simply migrants, wanting a better life, and there are those who say shoot them at the border (still a poll option at eupedia) or kick them out.

I am not the only one point out this is evidence of a genocide:

The Irish make reference to it: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/sci...na-marker-proof-of-ancient-genocide-1.1426197

The British twice published it in the paper: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/20/dutch-invaders-stonehenge-ancient-britons

https://www.theguardian.com/science...anged-britain-forever-ancient-dna-study-shows

There was not just a replacement for those in Britain and Ireland by the same R1b tribes, it happened in Gaul and Iberia and to a extent in Northern Italy with the Celts there too. And R1a replace I in the Baltics, along with replacing the I2 in Scandinavia. Parts of Central Europe were spared, allowing for the establishment of the Germanic people, which is mostly a combination of I1, R1b, I2 and some R1a.

This is like Armenian Genocide, only those tied to the genocide deny it.

I agree there must've been some ethnic cleansing (full genocides usually affect womens' lives, too) as well as massive slaughters related to wars and low-level chronic conflict (these latter clearly affect men's lives much more than women's), but I think you're exaggerating these things a bit.

First of all, except maybe for Britain/Ireland, where there is evidence of massive population replacement (supposedly 10% of the present gene pool derives from people of Neolithic Britain/Ireland) which probably followed a massive (but internal affairs) population crash, the EEF Y-DNA lines were not exactly "eliminated" as if they totally disappeared in continental Europe. In most places, especially Southern Europe, non-R1b-M269/R1a-M417 lineages are still reasonably frequent, in parts of Southern Europe even accounting for more than 40%. Granted, some of those subclades may have been brought by Indo-Europeans (or should we say Indo-Europeanized), but in any case most of them probably once belonged to non-IE peoples of Old Europe.

Besides, my final point is that even in the absence of any horrendous genocide (and the preservation of Neolithic Mt-DNA makes it somewhat less plausible, genocides are pretty chaotic) the IE Y-DNA haplogroups could've easily prevailed over the EEF halogroups. Things like the expansion of haplogroups can get really exponential if one of them increases much faster than the others. All you have to have is a male population that is generally of lower social and economic status and is subject to higher death rates (maybe they are cannon fodder too frequently? Or simply slaves and miserable peasants usually die younger?) coupled with lower reproductive sucess i.e. lesser children per man on average. In a few centuries, their Y-DNA haplogroups would've plummeted even if they were never massacred (though I'm pretty sure that at least occasionally they were, indeed).

I've always wondered what the ANE populations would look like, maybe native American features that don't seem East Asian derived? well then, magnificent super aquiline noses !!!

b09f67c6c99bfca380ca9acee7d0c2cb.jpg

492_w_full.jpg

and apparently, sloping foreheads.

some native American profiles give a bit of what feels to me like "Caucasoid" features

16d6c5bdc04e0713bae8423f9e1b114c.jpg

493880082_3cb895334b.jpg

Yamnaya reconstructions?

5209d3165a83e5c1c21b610e080dfca9.jpg

I've always wondered what the ANE populations would look like, maybe native American features that don't seem East Asian derived? well then, magnificent super aquiline noses !!!
and apparently, sloping foreheads.

some native American profiles give a bit of what feels to me like "Caucasoid" features

Yamnaya reconstructions?

Interesting comparisons, and I agree that there is definitely something noticeably Caucasoid (but not "modern European" as far as I can see) about the phenotype of most Native Americans (that perhaps suggests that ANE weren't mongoloid). But one quibble of mine that should be mentioned is that some of those features are found only in some regions of native Americas. So either they existed in the past, but became more pronounced in some regions and much less prominent (or nonexistant) in others, or its development happened later when humans were already inhabiting the Americas. Brazilian Indians, for instance, can be clearly differentiated from Andean Indians (with their much longer and more aquiline noses, as well as much less "gracile" face shape) as well as, even more strongly, from North American Indians. They have shorter and wider noses, as well as other "lighter" features. Their facial phenotype is often, surprisingly (probably just a case of convergent evolution), quite similar to that of Austronesian peoples of Indonesia or Philippines.
kayapo040617.jpg

brasil.jpg

25-David-Lazar-Brazil.jpg

6a0120a7fc3be9970b01539017afe4970b-pi

What do you think Europe and it's Inhabitants would look like, if the Indo-Europeans never took place there, and never influenced it culturely or genetically?

They would look almost EXACTLY like they are now. R and N are South East Asian stock, who differ from other South East Asians O and also - Q, because they gained more neanderthal DNA from other europeans. That's all. Looks are not made by y-DNA, but auDNA, otherwise there would be no mixed race people possible.

They would look almost EXACTLY like they are now. R and N are South East Asian stock, who differ from other South East Asians O and also - Q, because they gained more neanderthal DNA from other europeans. That's all. Looks are not made by y-DNA, but auDNA, otherwise there would be no mixed race people possible.

Very low IQ post. Talking 40s-maybe lower 50s level IQ.

I think we can have a vague idea of that if we just look at the mainly Neolithic Near Eastern-derived populations of West Asia, Southwest Asia and North Africa, as well as some remote regions that are overwhelmingly EEF (ANF + WHG) even today, like some parts of Sardinia. No, I don't think they'd be significantly less warlike, less patriarchal and more egalitarian than the Indo-European societies. Neolithic farming societies were also usually strongly kin-based and had a communal (clan-based or tribe-based) property of the land which would inevitably cause many conflicts especially in times of scarcity.

I think we'd see different cultural and social organizations, but with the development of fully established states and complex economies they'd vie for wealth, power and dominance just as much as other peoples, especially because they were mainly farming societies, which are noticeably associated with increased patriarchal structures and significant income inequality (especially access to land) in most places where advanced farming civilizations happened.

On the other hand, I think they'd probably have developed urban communities and organized state institutions earlier than the Indo-European-derived societies of Northern & Central Europe (in Southern Europe, it's clear there was a huge influence from the local Neolithic societies and also from civilizations on the other side of the Mediterranean). Until horses were adopted by them much later than they in fact did, those non-IE Europeans would be less mobile and more attached to their territories, possibly stimulating the earlier development of large-scale agriculture and permanent building.

You think Europe would have been even more advanced without IEs?

Interesting comparisons, and I agree that there is definitely something noticeably Caucasoid (but not "modern European" as far as I can see) about the phenotype of most Native Americans (that perhaps suggests that ANE weren't mongoloid). But one quibble of mine that should be mentioned is that some of those features are found only in some regions of native Americas. So either they existed in the past, but became more pronounced in some regions and much less prominent (or nonexistant) in others, or its development happened later when humans were already inhabiting the Americas. Brazilian Indians, for instance, can be clearly differentiated from Andean Indians (with their much longer and more aquiline noses, as well as much less "gracile" face shape) as well as, even more strongly, from North American Indians. They have shorter and wider noses, as well as other "lighter" features. Their facial phenotype is often, surprisingly (probably just a case of convergent evolution), quite similar to that of Austronesian peoples of Indonesia or Philippines.
kayapo040617.jpg

brasil.jpg

25-David-Lazar-Brazil.jpg

6a0120a7fc3be9970b01539017afe4970b-pi

The ANE of Malta/AG3 is ~90% West Eurasian. I think ANE peaks in the Karitiana at ~44% (which would make them 40% West Eurasian). I believe they also have some Australian ancestry (although I don't know if that's been confirmed).

This thread has been viewed 19676 times.

Back