If you are taller than 183 cm (6 feet), then what is your Y-DNA haplogroup ?

If you are taller than 183 cm, what is your Y-DNA haplogroup?

• C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • G

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I1

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I2

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • J1

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • J2

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • L

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • N

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Q

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • R1a

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • R1b

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • T

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

gidai

Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this poll to see if, or how much, the height of the men is correlated with Y haplogroup. Because of the limited options offered by the poll and the number of haplogroups, the survey is simple. It refers to those who have a height of at least 183 cm (6 feet).

Last edited:
This has been discussed before. I am E-V13 6ft tall (untypical but not rare for the Maltese Islands). I do not believe that Ydna has anything to do with a persons height as it can be a contributing factor from other ydnas from the mothers and all the fathers Ydna of the rest of the mothers from the mothers side and also the mothers from the father side. Also cultural diet habits such a high protein one will certainly influence a persons height.

This has been discussed before. I am E-V13 6ft tall (untypical but not rare for the Maltese Islands). I do not believe that Ydna has anything to do with a persons height as it can be a contributing factor from other ydnas from the mothers and all the fathers Ydna of the rest of the mothers from the mothers side and also the mothers from the father side. Also cultural diet habits such a high protein one will certainly influence a persons height.
That's more for fun. I do not even believe it is influenced by the haplogorup, but anyway, if there are at least 50 participants, we could see if the result corresponds to the proportion of haplogroups in Europe. :)

This has nothing to do with y-dna in my opinion cause I am 187 cm but that's inherited from my mother paternal side,instead father.

I voted for my brother who is 6'2", R1b>R-DF27>R-DF16. My father was almost 6' and one of his brother was close to his height. Although, his father and his other brother were about 6'6". In my grand-father's generation, some of his brothers were tall (one was over 6', I don't have exact numbers for the rest).

There's definitely an autosomal gene which change the height a lot, running into the family.

Such a dumb thread - there will be correlations between Y DNA and height, but most of it won't be causative as it will be something like Y DNA I being the tallest DUE TO Y DNA I BEING MOST PRESENT IN NORDID AND DINARID REGIONS. In terms of genetic height being dictated by Y DNA - it will probably vary by Y DNA to some extent, but the correlation would surely be negligible.

And for the record, I'm 5 foot 9 on a good day and I1 - but I'm essentially 100% Ashkenazi. Pretty much anecdotally outlines exactly the point I made above...

I am also 5'9", but I am R1a. My father, also R1a, is also 5'9", but he inherited his height (or lack thereof) from his mother, a tiny Mediterranean/Irish woman.

Last edited:
I'm exactly 6 ft (183 cm) from Hungary and I'm E-Y81971 (inside )EV13.

Such a dumb thread - there will be correlations between Y DNA and height, but most of it won't be causative as it will be something like Y DNA I being the tallest DUE TO Y DNA I BEING MOST PRESENT IN NORDID AND DINARID REGIONS. In terms of genetic height being dictated by Y DNA - it will probably vary by Y DNA to some extent, but the correlation would surely be negligible.
Not claim scientific rigor, but Y-chromosom gives the male characteristics, among which is the greatest height of the men compared to women? Why not some haplogroups mutations do not have as effect small differences? :) Anyway you just contradict yourself... lol

I'm E-V13 and 188cm and despite this poll being interesting I think if most members vote R1b will dominate as always and not I2a or I1 :D

I'm 183
2 of my 3 sons are also taller than 183+
188+
194+

I'm E-V13 and 188cm and despite this poll being interesting I think if most members vote R1b will dominate as always and not I2a or I1 :D
It is for fun. :) ...For now, R1b is not the boss. After 15 participants, it seems that G is the first because it have a spread of only 3-4% in Europe, followed by E. Both old Y-DNA haplo. How many percentages does R1b have in Europe? 40%? I do not know...

I am 1m94 or 6,36 feet tall , and R1b1b2a1a , R-U106 probably ?

I am 190 cm.
Haplogroup I produce the tallest people, especially I2a.

I would have to vote 3 times for I-1; 6'3; 6'2; and 6'2 (father-in-law and my two sons)
and 3 for R-U106 for my father and two of my brothers, and most probably my two uncles

This thread has been viewed 39126 times.

Back