If you are taller than 183 cm (6 feet), then what is your Y-DNA haplogroup ?

If you are taller than 183 cm, what is your Y-DNA haplogroup?

• C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • G

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I1

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I2

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • J1

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • J2

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • L

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • N

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Q

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • R1a

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • R1b

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • T

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Haplogroup G

Bro1: 181-182 cm (?)
Bro2: 190 cm
Bro3: 195 cm
Sis: 179-180 cm
Me: 185 cm

Cousins through paternal uncles
Males
1: 187 cm?
2: 188 cm
3: 187 cm (this one is a cousin through both paternal uncle and maternal aunt)

Females
1: ?
2: ?
3: 177 cm (a cousin through both paternal uncle and maternal aunt)

My sis and female cousin are also tall, and they don't have Y chromosome, je je. So it has to do with our Autosomal.

ED: correction.

Last edited:
J2b2-L283 and 190cm . I don't think Y-DNA plays a role at all.

R1a-yp1276 and 187 cm.

:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

Last edited:
Height is mostly determined by nutrition as a child

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ealth/human-height-changes-century/index.html

Parents give their kids vitamins and all sorts nowadays allowing them to grow bigger

I would think "races" who were taller in the past than others around them had different nutrition and were more athletic/sporty from an early age
Indeed. My mother has just 160 cm, and my father's height, despite a bit higher than 180 cm, absolutely doesn't justify the children's. I assign mother's height to an excess of polenta and insufficiency of meat in her diet when she was a child. ah ah

Even in this generation... Pediatrician applied the most used formula to estimate my son's height in adulthood, and said he couldn't be higher than 188 cm given the height of parents, and that's already considering the margin. However, also according to the pediatrician, considering his current height, he'd be 190 cm "if" he follows the curve, 2 cm above the supposed "maximum". He indeed loves "protein", and I doubt it doesn't interfere in his growth.

Haplogroup G

Bro1: 181-182 cm (?)
Bro2: 190 cm
Bro3: 195 cm
Sis: 179-180 cm
Me: 185 cm

Cousins through paternal uncles
Males
1: 187 cm?
2: 188 cm
3: 187 cm (this one is a cousin through both paternal uncle and maternal aunt)

Females
1: ?
2: ?
3: 177 cm (a cousin through both paternal uncle and maternal aunt)

My sis and female cousin are also tall, and they don't have Y chromosome, je je. So it has to do with our Autosomal.

ED: correction.

Male pattern baldness is inherited on the X chromosome.

I can't agree with this, most of the men on my dads side are bald/balding. I am sure both x and y play a role, that's why a lot of brothers can have different hairlines

Last edited:
Indeed. My mother has just 160 cm, and my father's height, despite a bit higher than 180 cm, absolutely doesn't justify the children's. I assign mother's height to an excess of polenta and insufficiency of meat in her diet when she was a child. ah ah

Even in this generation... Pediatrician applied the most used formula to estimate my son's height in adulthood, and said he couldn't be higher than 188 cm given the height of parents, and that's already considering the margin. However, also according to the pediatrician, considering his current height, he'd be 190 cm "if" he follows the curve, 2 cm above the supposed "maximum". He indeed loves "protein", and I doubt it doesn't interfere in his growth.

Yeah I think genetics play a part but not as much as people think like the last 100 years have proved, they seem to play a minor role. The right food at the right time seems to allow someone to reach their limit or go beyond, a lot of boys are significantly taller than their fathers nowadays like your example

Well I measure 180 cm and with some boots that I am sure I reach 1.83 cm or more, but since it has to be 1.83 cm barefoot I guess I voted for some cousins of mine who are taller than me. The haplogroup is E-V22; although as we are seeing recently with the amount of haplogroups that we are mixed by autosomal DNA you will know.

This has nothing to do with y-dna in my opinion cause I am 187 cm but that's inherited from my mother paternal side,instead father.

That´s true. My I1-M253 grandfather and his five sons were between 165-169 cm, I am 170 cm, but my two brothers are 181-183 cm. Some of my mother´s brothers were as tall, some shorter.

That´s true. My I1-M253 grandfather and his five sons were between 165-169 cm, I am 170 cm, but my two brothers are 181-183 cm. Some of my mother´s brothers were as tall, some shorter.

Did you often refuse to eat when you were young? Did you pass your food to your brothers under your parents nose?

My grandfather was 5’ 6”, my father was 5’ 11”, I’m 6’ 1”, and my son is 6’ 3”; all G2a. Expect nutrition may have something to do with it.

186 cm here
R1b u152
Not typical for an Albanian

This thread has been viewed 39118 times.

Back