If you are taller than 183 cm (6 feet), then what is your Y-DNA haplogroup ?

If you are taller than 183 cm, what is your Y-DNA haplogroup?

• C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • G

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I1

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I2

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • J1

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • J2

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • L

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • N

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Q

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • R1a

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • R1b

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • T

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
I think it also relates to genes inherited from the father but also from the mother. Interestingly, I see that G already has a good percentage.

Just so. I and my sons got their height from my mother's side; great big Germans (my uncles were 6'3" and 6'4"). She's K1a4a1h.

G2A2A 6'5" but I believe I get my height from my maternal side.

I don't think genetics plays too big a part in height. How tall were your grandparents?

The combination of genetics and nutrition have an effect on height.

My paternal Grandfather was taller than his children born during and right after WW2,

but he was of similar height of the one born before and long after the war.

Last born was a girl and she’s taller than 3 of her siblings (boys) born during and right after ww2.

in those days, people were much more prolific than they are today.

... my maternal side is shorter than my paternal side ... :)

The combination of genetics and nutrition have an effect on height.
My paternal Grandfather was taller than his children born during and right after WW2,
but he was of similar height of the one born before and long after the war.
Last born was a girl and she’s taller than 3 of her siblings (boys) born during and right after ww2.
in those days, people were much more prolific than they are today.
... my maternal side is shorter than my paternal side ... :)
Yeah, it is mostly to do with cultural benefits. What kind of food your family eats is what you will eat etc. What kind of activities you do etc. We get all y dna with all different heights, you have tall Irish, short Irish, tall Italian, short Italian, tall Arab, short Arab etc. It doesn't seem to be related to y dna, more to do with how wealthy your family is

G2a - 6 foot 2 inches tall. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

I voted for my sons, husband and father in law. They are
I-Y7198; mt for father-in-law and husband is H1a3a... for my sons (one son is 6'5" is H5a1b

I voted for my sons, husband and father in law. They are
I-Y7198; mt for father-in-law and husband is H1a3a... for my sons (one son is 6'5" is H5a1b

That’s interesting, I’m also I-Y7198. I’m assuming they’ve tested at Family Tree because that’s the designation FT uses. Do you have a more precise call for any of them? For example, I’m I-Y7198>A13248>FT80854.

I'm an 'other'. I'm 6'5", 198cm. yDNA R-z92 (ancient Polish)

There is a R1a-z92, but I asked the folks at 23&me and they verified R=R-M207 whereas R1a=M420

184 cm (6.05 feet)
I2

Last edited:
1.89cm R1b-U152>Z56.... from America. NW European ancestry.

This thread has been viewed 39319 times.

Back