Joey37

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Celto-Germanic
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a-YP445
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c2b
23andMe has updated their Y-Chromosome haplogroup assignments. I went from R M-417 (R1a1a1) to R YP-445 (R1a1a1b1a1b1d), which is way downstream. If you have tested with 23andMe and have not undergone further Y-Chromosome sequencing, you can go back to your 23andMe reports and find your updated haplogroup.

My Y went from T-L131 to T-CTS8862. Big improvement.
I’m actually a step below that: T-Z19945 as of Now.

How comes? Did 23andMe rerun every sample with a new chip with more SNPs?

23andMe has updating in these days also Ancestry Composition for all user v5 chip.

23andMe has updating in these days also Ancestry Composition for all user v5 chip.

Besides my Y haplogroup, my Ancestry results are the same as before.
What about yours?

(Ti hanno cambiato i risultati?)

My ancestry reports are also the same. And my maternal haplogroup stayed the same.

I have more deeper Y haplogroup now.
My Ancestry Composition is the same, but I read in several forums that many people have updated their Ancestry Composition (Also several of my matches).

I have more deeper Y haplogroup now.
My Ancestry Composition is the same, but I read in several forums that many people have updated their Ancestry Composition (Also several of my matches).

Mine is the same as well.

aFj65UR.png

I wonder if this has something to do with the Y-haplogroup update, or if it means something more. I checked it earlier today, and the site was up.

aFj65UR.png

I wonder if this has something to do with the Y-haplogroup update, or if it means something more. I checked it earlier today, and the site was up.

Never mind, I just checked, it's all still the same.

This thread has been viewed 5613 times.

Back