Julius Caesar: Which haplogroup was his most likely?

Brutus

Reaction score
I've heard that there are possibilities of it being G, J or R1b. What are your thoughts on the most likely? Thanks!

Possibilities based on what?

Well, based on modern genetic makeup of Italians, who were, most likely descendants of Roman & lesser foreign groups such as Celts and other Germanics etc..

Last edited:
Well, based on modern genetic makeup of the Ancient Romans.

This statement is internally illogical.

Modern dna is modern dna. Ancient dna is ancient dna.

We don't yet have autosomal analyses, or yDna ones, for that matter, of "ancient Romans". Until we have them we can't tell how much of a correspondence there is in terms of modern dna.

We don't yet have autosomal analyses, or yDna ones, for that matter, of "ancient Romans". Until we have them we can't tell how much of a correspondence there is in terms of modern dna.
There is someone on youtube posting videos about DNA. He keeps saying that we have dna from only 120 ancestors. True or False?

I apologize, it was my fault. I really meant to say "Modern genetic make up of Italians".
Again, sorry.

This thread has been viewed 14932 times.

Back