Nutrition Mediterean Diet against modern 'diseases and symptoms.

part 4 all kinds of beans

Foods based on beans or simmilar products are fantastic for 1-2 meals per week, even 5 sometimes.
all such foods have nyasise and other usefull proteins,
AND ARE NOT FATS,
so they can easily replace meat.

revithada-thumb-large.jpg
Beans also have cardiovascular benefits as well. Combine them with broccoli or asparagus and you'll have a meal that's good for the heart.

Escarole and beans in chicken broth. It's delicious and extremely nutritious.

Given modern conveniences, if this takes you more than fifteen minutes or so from start to finish there's something wrong.

Just remember to wash the escarole really well first, and I prefer to boil the escarole in salted, boiling water before sauteeing. I also don't put very much broth, so it's more like a stew, but that's personal preference.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/escarole-and-bean-soup-recipe-1914906

Escarole and beans in chicken broth. It's delicious and extremely nutritious.

Given modern conveniences, if this takes you more than fifteen minutes or so from start to finish there's something wrong.

Just remember to wash the escarole really well first, and I prefer to boil the escarole in salted, boiling water before sauteeing. I also don't put very much broth, so it's more like a stew, but that's personal preference.

escarole%2Band%2Bbeans.jpg

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/escarole-and-bean-soup-recipe-1914906

Chard is grown, not wild; so is escarole. Escarole (scarola) can be used raw for salads, but we also saute it a lot.

This is sometimes called curly endive. The wild variety is chicory.

Endive.jpg

This is what I'm talking about when I say scarola or escarole. It's also sometimes called broad leaf endive here. I prefer it to spinach or the curly version for sauteing.

escarole-4128-3.jpg

Swiss Chard:
WMBG_swissChard_400x300.jpg

This thread has been viewed 13637 times.

Back