Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: R1a-Z282 without deeper subclade?

  1. #1
    Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    28-03-18
    Posts
    1
    Points
    332
    Level
    3
    Points: 332, Level: 3
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-Z282
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a2

    Country: Poland



    R1a-Z282 without deeper subclade?

    Hello!
    This is my first post here. You seems like a community with enormous amount of data and knowledge on european genetics, that's why I decided to join you and learn a lot of interesting things on this issue.

    My haplogroup on 23andMe is R1a-Z282. I downloaded the raw data from 23andMe and, using Felix Immanuel's 23andMe to Y-SNP Converter, I extracted all of my tested SNP's. MorleyDNA.com Y-SNP Terminal Subclade Predictor also predicted my Y-DNA haplogroup as R1a-Z282. The vast majority of Polish R1a (I'm from Poland, all my known ancestors came from Poland) is belonging to two major subclades R1a-M458 or R1a-Z280, but it seems like my haplogroup is R1a-Z282* (R1a1a1b1a*), because I don't have any deeper subclade mutations:

    M458-, PF6241-, Z280-, S466-, L260-, S222-, CTS11962-, L488-, S200-, Z92-, S205-, Z660-, S344-, CTS1211-, CTS3607-, S223-, Z287-, S345-, Z288-, CTS4027-, CTS4179-, L1029-, P278-, L784-, CTS3402-, L365-, F2686-, CTS8401-, CTS8277-, M204-, M87-, CTS2243-, S201-, Z87-

    Can I be just R1a-Z282*, without deeper subclades? Is there any data, statistics, maps etc. about this exact haplogroup?

    Is there any way to determine more precise subclade? Do I have to do FTDNA Y-111 or something? Will I get any deeper results with FTDNA tests? I am thinking about doing it in the future, but I don't want to waste that amount of money to learn nothing new.

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    25-03-16
    Posts
    14
    Points
    2,478
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,478, Level: 14
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-Z280>BY27799
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a1

    Country: Poland



    Quote Originally Posted by OlekTBFT View Post

    Can I be just R1a-Z282*, without deeper subclades? Is there any data, statistics, maps etc. about this exact haplogroup?

    Is there any way to determine more precise subclade? Do I have to do FTDNA Y-111 or something? Will I get any deeper results with FTDNA tests? I am thinking about doing it in the future, but I don't want to waste that amount of money to learn nothing new.

    Thank you in advance.
    Hello Olek! :)

    There are several possibilities. For example, you didn't test for PF6155 that is set between Z282 and M458 (https://yfull.com/tree/R-PF6155/). There is also such clade as Y17491: https://yfull.com/tree/R-Y17491/.

    Y2395 is also possible (https://yfull.com/tree/R-Y2395/), although we have no single confirmed individual in Poland was found.

    I think that you should order at least Y-37 at FTDNA and then we will see what to do next. I am a co-administrator of R1a Project there.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    815
    Points
    13,222
    Level
    34
    Points: 13,222, Level: 34
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 22.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by OlekTBFT View Post
    Hello!
    This is my first post here. You seems like a community with enormous amount of data and knowledge on european genetics, that's why I decided to join you and learn a lot of interesting things on this issue.

    My haplogroup on 23andMe is R1a-Z282. I downloaded the raw data from 23andMe and, using Felix Immanuel's 23andMe to Y-SNP Converter, I extracted all of my tested SNP's. MorleyDNA.com Y-SNP Terminal Subclade Predictor also predicted my Y-DNA haplogroup as R1a-Z282. The vast majority of Polish R1a (I'm from Poland, all my known ancestors came from Poland) is belonging to two major subclades R1a-M458 or R1a-Z280, but it seems like my haplogroup is R1a-Z282* (R1a1a1b1a*), because I don't have any deeper subclade mutations:

    M458-, PF6241-, Z280-, S466-, L260-, S222-, CTS11962-, L488-, S200-, Z92-, S205-, Z660-, S344-, CTS1211-, CTS3607-, S223-, Z287-, S345-, Z288-, CTS4027-, CTS4179-, L1029-, P278-, L784-, CTS3402-, L365-, F2686-, CTS8401-, CTS8277-, M204-, M87-, CTS2243-, S201-, Z87-

    Can I be just R1a-Z282*, without deeper subclades? Is there any data, statistics, maps etc. about this exact haplogroup?

    Is there any way to determine more precise subclade? Do I have to do FTDNA Y-111 or something? Will I get any deeper results with FTDNA tests? I am thinking about doing it in the future, but I don't want to waste that amount of money to learn nothing new.

    Thank you in advance.
    23andme doesn't test that far down. I was initially just M417 until I tested with FTDNA and Yfull. 23andme is not great for deep Y classification.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Joey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Location
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Posts
    348
    Points
    4,479
    Level
    19
    Points: 4,479, Level: 19
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-YP445
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c2b

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic
    Country: USA - Rhode Island



    1 members found this post helpful.
    23andMe just updated the assignments for people who tested on the v5 chip. My haplogroup went from R-M417 way downstream to R-YP445.

  5. #5
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,051
    Points
    105,189
    Level
    100
    Points: 105,189, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Joey37 View Post
    23andMe just updated the assignments for people who tested on the v5 chip. My haplogroup went from R-M417 way downstream to R-YP445.
    Thanks for the heads up. Though I checked mine, and it still says R-M269. However, I already know my specific sub-clade.
    ‚Äč

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •