Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
https://insitome.libsyn.com/mhc-and-the-rules-of-attraction

I really enjoyed this episode, and it was very informative.

Attraction certainly has to do with more than just genetics. Nevertheless, there are certainly patterns that can be observed as to why some people are more attracted to others. While the idea of human pheromones are not proven, there have been some studies that support this concept. For example, studies suggest people are attracted to those with dissimilar MHC genes, which plays a role in the immune system. Which is expressed through sent. But there is more to it than just the way people smell. Which is evident by the virtue of the fact that people are attracted to the physical appearance of those they are unable to smell. In this regard, it could be an attraction to an individual that is physically similar to their opposite-sex parent, if they have a positive relationship with them. But could have the opposite effect, if they have negative relationship with that parent. Moreover, there could even be negative sexual imprinting, where they are desensitized to an individual that looks similar to those they grew up with. However, there seems to be a universal attraction of facial symmetry. Which indicates good health. Furthermore, there are other aspects, such as body shape. For example, men being attracted to women with more curvaceous bodies; subconsciously making inferences on fertility. Nevertheless, as they say in the podcast, this is all subjective, and attraction is far more complex, and psychological than simply boiling it down to these concepts. Personality is a huge factor as well. People develop a certain type they are attracted to for a vast amount of reasons.

https://insitome.libsyn.com/mhc-and-the-rules-of-attraction

I really enjoyed this episode, and it was very informative.

Attraction certainly has to do with more than just genetics. Nevertheless, there are certainly patterns that can be observed as to why some people are more attracted to others. While the idea of human pheromones are not proven, there have been some studies that support this concept. For example, studies suggest people are attracted to those with dissimilar MHC genes, which plays a role in the immune system. Which is expressed through sent. But there is more to it than just the way people smell. Which is evident by the virtue of the fact that people are attracted to the physical appearance of those they are unable to smell. In this regard, it could be an attraction to an individual that is physically similar to their opposite-sex parent, if they have a positive relationship with them. But could have the opposite effect, if they have negative relationship with that parent. Moreover, there could even be negative sexual imprinting, where they are desensitized to an individual that looks similar to those they grew up with. However, there seems to be a universal attraction of facial symmetry. Which indicates good health. Furthermore, there are other aspects, such as body shape. For example, men being attracted to women with more curvaceous bodies; subconsciously making inferences on fertility. Nevertheless, as they say in the podcast, this is all subjective, and attraction is far more complex, and psychological than simply boiling it down to these concepts. Personality is a huge factor as well. People develop a certain type they are attracted to for a vast amount of reasons.

I agree that it's far too complicated to just be related to scent signaling a different immune system. So, even if I were shopping, I wouldn't join a dating app where you take a swab and they match you up that way.

That said, I've been to many and many a dinner-dance, and when dancing with a few men I definitely felt a frisson of something, and a lot of the time they weren't even men who were consciously "my type" physically or in terms of personality or values etc. Your body sometimes fights your mind.

This thread has been viewed 3745 times.

Back