Politics Anti-vaccine movement in Italy.

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
See:

https://www.axios.com/italy-anti-va...ism-d43029bc-31a8-4268-ba2c-30a32497f329.html

This drives me absolutely BONKERS. Of all the stupidity based on pseudo-science.

Do they have no clue that children and perhaps even a few adults could die????
Sometimes I wonder if the anti-vaccine movement was not created on purpose by a sort of eugenicist intelligentsia to accelerate natural selection and prune society of stupid people. I know it sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory but whether it is or not it would have that effect. People who don't have a sufficient intellect to understand the principles of vaccination put their offspring at risk of dying. The idea is that if intelligence is mostly genetic, stupider people have stupider offspring. Even if the understanding is partially based on education, there is also a correlation between education and intelligence.

Such a plan would only work if enough people forgo vaccination to allow epidemics to spread throughout the population. If that was indeed a planned eugenicist movement we should expect the endorsement of celebrities (paid by the intelligentsia in question) to spread the movement wide enough so that all non vaccinated children are really at risk of getting the diseases prevented by vaccination. Ideally it should be celebrities popular with less brainy people. And that is what we are seeing.

It's probably the same with tobacco, soft drinks and fast food. These are all the unhealthy and all much more popular among lower class and less educated people. The question is why don't governments ban these things? Could it be on purpose too so that lower classes get so unhealthy that their reproductive success is hampered by their own lifestyle choices? It's also a kind of natural selection, but it works better if governments aren't too protective of the population and give irresponsible people the possibility to indulge in smoking and diabetes-inducing sugary drinks.

this anti-vaccine movement is stupid of course

on the other hand, they say in Belgium soon half of the population will have at least one allergy
that is due to living to clean and not excercising the immune system any more

also, vaccination in an intelligent planning is needed
overconsumption of medication should be prevented
sometimes we have to let nature have it's way

I get the shot every year. Still alive.

The antivaccine movement is not the problem of Italy only but all Europe. I think one of the reasons is rising lack of trust in the society, with governments, establishments etc.. More and more pseudotheories are surfacing this decade due to lower stability of our civilisation. Is it also one of side-effects of democracy and stability we had in few dozens years? Look how hand in hand together with those pseudotheories and low trust in societies the autocratic regimes are on rise. Are we again in the fourth Century AD?

The antivaccine movement is not the problem of Italy only but all Europe. I think one of the reasons is rising lack of trust in the society, with governments, establishments etc.. More and more pseudotheories are surfacing this decade due to lower stability of our civilisation. Is it also one of side-effects of democracy and stability we had in few dozens years? Look how hand in hand together with those pseudotheories and low trust in societies the autocratic regimes are on rise. Are we again in the fourth Century AD?

Well, that's worrying indeed. It's beyond stupid. Yes, most children shrug them off. I know, I had them all, although let me tell you, having chicken pox is no picnic, and I got the mumps at 14! I was really sick for weeks because the older you are the worse it is. For males, mumps can lead to sterility for God's sake, you can become deaf, or even get meningitis (20% of cases). As for whooping cough and diphtheria, babies can die from them. My father's baby brother died of diptheria. A grey scaley web forms across the throat preventing them from breathing.

How are these parents going to feel if one of their children dies of something like this?

Or what about German measles? In children it's a mild disease, but if a pregnant woman gets it, the babies can be severely deformed.

"Rubella infection during pregnancy can cause severe birth defects, miscarriage, or stillbirth. 85% of fetuses who are infected with rubella in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy will develop Congenital Rubella Syndrome (CRS). CRS may include deafness, eye problems, heart defects, liver, spleen, and brain damage."

Or, want your child to get rheumatic fever and heart complications because of scarlet fever?

How about we bring back polio????

http://www.bccdc.ca/resource-galler...Other/Epid_GF_childhood_quickguide_may_09.pdf

Have people been told that there are lots of indications that autism is genetic, or at least caused by mutations? If they want healthy children maybe they should stop doing so many drugs and not have children when they're too old.

Are these people mad?

You're right: there are some deeper causes at play here, or just the common stupidity of mankind, which forgets so easily and has to learn things over and over again.

This thread has been viewed 4334 times.

Back