Stylish ancient Roman shoe found in Germany

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
This is quite impressive. It almost looks like a modern shoe! It is on display at the Saalburg, a reconstructed Roman fort just outside Frankfurt-am-Main.

Exquisitely Designed 2,000-Year-Old Roman Shoe Discovered in a Well

ancient-roman-shoe.jpg

This is quite impressive. It almost looks like a modern shoe! It is on display at the Saalburg, a reconstructed Roman fort just outside Frankfurt-am-Main.

Exquisitely Designed 2,000-Year-Old Roman Shoe Discovered in a Well

ancient-roman-shoe.jpg

More detail and better craftsmanship than many modern shoes.

I have numerous versions of Roman and Egyptian sandals in my closet right now. Good design is good design.

This reconstructed boot from Vindolanda looks remarkably like my old skating boots on the top, just brown instead of white.

Vindolanda.jpg

Wow, that is really interesting! If I didn't know that it was Roman I could easily take it for a modern 'Nike'.

That was The Master "Schuhmacher" :) ! Such an excellent design, unbelievable what we had almost 2000 years ago... And its preservation and perfect condition after so many centuries...

It looks pretty much ok for something created that long ago

Great design and fantastic state of preservation! I'm impressed, the shoes and also the boots that Angela posted look remarkably modern, they'd be very stylish even now.

Those Italians could make a mean shoe even then!

Ciccio shoes for motor car racers:
P1090095.JPG

Some are so painstakingly designed and crafted and so beautiful that it almost seems a sacrilege for them to adorn someone's feet. Of course, today, they also cost the earth.

Clearance-sale-Pop-Italy-Style-Square-Toe-Men-s-Dress-Shoes-Genuine-Leather-Hande-Made-Wedding.jpg

This thread has been viewed 7241 times.

Back