Interesting Maps and Graphs

School grades in Sweden: natives versus immigrants. What surprises me is that the "natives" have slightly lower scores than some immigrants. Of course, it's sometimes the case that barring some special situations, it's the more intelligent and the capable who have enough confidence in themselves to go to a strange country and have to adapt to a new language, new customs, learn new skills etc. I'm sure the western European "migrants" were highly educated in their own countries. We have the same situation here. All of the Indians I've met who migrated here come from high caste, high education families in India. Of course they're going to thrive well and do well in school. It's a different thing when you open the doors and accept the "poorest of the poor" of any group.

9QardGA.png
[/IMG]

Do you spare yourself and your passengers over the pedestrians or vice versa?

Look at the difference between two of the countries in East Asia.

MHCihr3.png
[/IMG]

Iconic foods of Europe map:
GvWxzFC.png
[/IMG]

Billionaires per 10 million people per country:
PO3Ml4j.png

That doesn't look so egalitarian for egalitarian Scandinavia.

Opposition to gay marriage in Europe:
hlZdjMx.png
[/IMG]

20150207_wom911.png

Happiness is not always about economics:
vi40oAM.png
[/IMG]

I strongly disagree with this chart. Even if as usual, you consider me a coward for mentioning that you have infracted me for disagreeing with you to Maciamo (see private DMs). In the Eastern European nations, I see strong differences between quality of life based on money earned (or money that you have) and the assumptions as in your chart. I can name a country next to Bulgaria where you are not likely to be that happy no matter what you have as you are constantly being hassled if people know you are not from there. In Bulgaria however, you are who you are and people are welcoming. These charts are based on generalizations. And they are highly inaccurate, Angela. Once again, it seems you want to set a pace based on what you have read. I get that people here are now afraid of opposing you as an immediate infraction will come. But before you post any "truth" about any country, I suggest that you actually bother visiting them first. Maybe then, you will be able to be objective enough to allow the readers of this wonderful forum to be able to get information that is actually valuable so they can decide to visit amazing countries regardless of what you think they are supposed to experience.
The Euro-how far would it go?

This would apply most to retired people or people otherwise living on investment income, because the real barometer for people within a country would be a correlation between this and salaries.

AZr0RwT.png
[/IMG]

Relative income areas in U.S. Just as I thought. California is turning into a majority very poor state with a small wealthy elite. Their policies will only make the disparity greater over time

uUaHtns.png
[/IMG]

This thread is for posting interesting maps and graphs created by academics, NOT BY ME. It is meant for discussion, discussion which mostly doesn't happen, unfortunately, as I would like to explore and perhaps critique the studies upon which the visuals are based. In no way do I claim that any of these maps are ABSOLUTELY true, particularly when it is a matter of the social sciences, given how often I point out the replication crisis in the social sciences.

My only comment was my inference that the sense of well-being of people in Latin America can't be based on having a good economy. Once again you exhibit your inability to understand many posts here as well as the academic papers. That's why I ignore you. There's nothing to learn.

In terms of the study you clearly didn't understand that it is based not on some academic's opinion, but on THE RESPONSES OF PEOPLE IN THOSE COUNTRIES! Only idiots would think there's only one factor, i.e. economics, to be considered. If you want to comb the study to find out the sources, the methodology, the specific questions, and through that show that the results are incorrect, by all means go ahead. I'd be very interested in reading it. I'm completely uninterested in your personal, source-less opinion, especially given you didn't even understand the source of the visual.

Furthermore, I am done allowing you to question my authority as a moderator. Another t-roll like you went crying to Maciamo just this last week. Maciamo told me he trusts my judgment. If you don't like that, you misogynist, it's just too bad.

Attack me one more time and I will give you an infraction for that as well as for this post, and it is not because you disagree with me (rather, with the paper); it is because you are questioning my authority as a moderator and lying about me once again. If I gave infractions for posting absolute nonsense with no scientific basis most of the people posting on the Balkan threads would be long gone.

This thread is for posting interesting maps and graphs created by academics, NOT BY ME. It is meant for discussion, discussion which mostly doesn't happen, unfortunately, as I would like to explore and perhaps critique the studies upon which the visuals are based. In no way do I claim that any of these maps are ABSOLUTELY true, particularly when it is a matter of the social sciences, given how often I point out the replication crisis in the social sciences.

My only comment was my inference that the sense of well-being of people in Latin America can't be based on having a good economy. Once again you exhibit your inability to understand many posts here as well as the academic papers. That's why I ignore you. There's nothing to learn.

In terms of the study you clearly didn't understand that it is based not on some academic's opinion, but on THE RESPONSES OF PEOPLE IN THOSE COUNTRIES! Only idiots would think there's only one factor, i.e. economics, to be considered. If you want to comb the study to find out the sources, the methodology, the specific questions, and through that show that the results are incorrect, by all means go ahead. I'd be very interested in reading it. I'm completely uninterested in your personal, source-less opinion, especially given you didn't even understand the source of the visual.

Furthermore, I am done allowing you to question my authority as a moderator. Another t-roll like you went crying to Maciamo just this last week. Maciamo told me he trusts my judgment. If you don't like that, you misogynist, it's just too bad.

Attack me one more time and I will give you an infraction for that as well as for this post, and it is not because you disagree with me (rather, with the paper); it is because you are questioning my authority as a moderator and lying about me once again. If I gave infractions for posting absolute nonsense with no scientific basis most of the people posting on the Balkan threads would be long gone.

By the way, I checked, and you didn't get anywhere with the infraction issued by me. Furthermore, I have in the past given you some thumbs up. I'm sure even you can understand that likely won't be happening in the future.

So, wrong twice over.

Human Development Index based on life expectancy, education level, and GDP. I don't think those are the only important factors, but for what it's worth...

C5VDONw.png
hbdchick

[QUOTE
C5VDONw.png
hbdchick
[/QUOTE]

If the Transylvanians want to go back to the usual Saxon(perhaps,even Slavic) greediness, it's their choice,but it is very important, in my opinion, to not cross, break,certain barriers, both economically and culturally(unfortunately, not too good news,in this respect).

And for the third so-called power,Russia, unfortunately the clear differences between how they treat people in Kazakhstan vs Ukraine and the Balkans makes no special case,see the US-Saudi prosperity.

My possible choices so far,China,Israel,Greece.

If the Transylvanians want to go back to the usual Saxon(perhaps,even Slavic) greediness, it's their choice,but it is very important, in my opinion, to not cross, break,certain barriers, both economically and culturally(unfortunately, not too good news,in this respect).

And for the third so-called power,Russia, unfortunately the clear differences between how they treat people in Kazakhstan vs Ukraine and the Balkans makes no special case,see the US-Saudi prosperity.

My possible choices so far,China,Israel,Greece.[/QUOTE]

You'd prefer to live in China??? Have you read the China, China, China thread? If you want to live in Israel, make sure it's not as a Palestinian Israeli.

Poor Greece. The economic crisis hit them so hard that the schools are half empty: few people are having children. It will take them years to recover. You obviously have no children, or you would not want to bequeath that to them.

Not in map form, but very interesting nonetheless.

Life is worse today than 50 years ago:

[FONT=&quot]Italy: 50%Brazil: 49%France: 46%US: 41%South Africa: 36%Australia: 33%UK: 31%Russia: 28%Canada: 24%Germany: 20%India: 17%South Korea: 17%Japan: 15%Vietnam: 4%

It's from Pew Research.

Some are understandable just from an economic standpoint. Some are not. Do U.S. testees not remember the social unrest of the late 60s?

How free would the Vietnamese be to answer these kinds of questions?[/FONT]

Lowest temperature records in Europe:
PEvvVAg.png
[/IMG]

Irish genetic clusters

3Cjoybs.png
[/IMG]

This thread has been viewed 86855 times.

Back