Interesting Maps and Graphs

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
The Euro-how far would it go?

This would apply most to retired people or people otherwise living on investment income, because the real barometer for people within a country would be a correlation between this and salaries.

AZr0RwT.png
[/IMG]

Relative income areas in U.S. Just as I thought. California is turning into a majority very poor state with a small wealthy elite. Their policies will only make the disparity greater over time

uUaHtns.png
[/IMG]

"Ethnicity" in Southern South America by area. I don't know enough about it to say for sure whether it's completely accurate.

PJyUqwS.png
[/IMG]

Political orientation of academics at American universities. With all the indoctrination going on it's a miracle there are any conservative college graduates.

TPXfVHY.png
[/IMG]

southern-cone-main-ethnic-groups-at-the-end-of-the

The map of South America seems quite adjusted to reality.

I agree with you Italouruguayan. The map of South America seems also quite accurate to me, although I will add more europeans in southern Brazil.

Obesity in Europe:

These figures for 2017 are appalling, even for the countries with the lowest percentages.

FxOouHS.png
[/IMG]

I don't understand why England is an outlier.

Homicide rates Europe vs. U.S. I don't understand the figures for the Baltic countries. Can't blame it on firearms, right?

3Fdz7YO.png
[/IMG]

Because of fast food and other poor eating habits.

SptVFDfm.jpg

I really enjoy the Full English Breakfast, but it is certainly fattening. Particularly the sausage. Nevertheless, every once in a while is nice.

Though personally, I find that I can eat just about anything, as long as I keep the portions and eating times reasonable, and keep active with exercise.

SptVFDfm.jpg

I really enjoy the Full English Breakfast, but it is certainly fattening. Particularly the sausage. Nevertheless, every once in a while is nice.

Though personally, I find that I can eat just about anything, as long as I keep the portions and eating times reasonable, and keep active with exercise.

I like it too, although it always upsets my stomach, probably because of all that animal fat and protein at one meal. I don't like the blood pudding, though, or the baked beans when they add them. Their baked beans are really different from American ones: very watery, very sweet sauce.

I think American food basically derives from British and German food. Their tastes are the same: roast beef, bacon and other pork products, battered and fried fish, fried eggs, very cooked vegetables, pies. From the Germans: roast pork, wieners, sauerkraut etc. Sweets are most like the English ones: sort of bland and lots of sugar. I think German and Austrian desserts, by way of contrast, are the best in the world: very high butter content and not as much sugar.

Maciamo is on to something: when I see all the British tourists in Florida, they just love fast food. That seems to be all they feed their children. They tell me, in fact, that's one of the reasons they come: their children don't like European (continental) food.

In terms of calories you have to add the buttered toast as well, and they baste those eggs with the grease from the sausage and bacon. I don't eat that many calories in a day, and that's my animal fat content for two days. :)

I like it too, although it always upsets my stomach, probably because of all that animal fat and protein at one meal. I don't like the blood pudding, though, or the baked beans when they add them. Their baked beans are really different from American ones: very watery, very sweet sauce.

I think American food basically derives from British and German food. Their tastes are the same: roast beef, bacon and other pork products, battered and fried fish, fried eggs, very cooked vegetables, pies. From the Germans: roast pork, wieners, sauerkraut etc. Sweets are most like the English ones: sort of bland and lots of sugar. I think German and Austrian desserts, by way of contrast, are the best in the world: very high butter content and not as much sugar.

Maciamo is on to something: when I see all the British tourists in Florida, they just love fast food. That seems to be all they feed their children. They tell me, in fact, that's one of the reasons they come: their children don't like European (continental) food.

In terms of calories you have to add the buttered toast as well, and they baste those eggs with the grease from the sausage and bacon. I don't eat that many calories in a day, and that's my animal fat content for two days. :)

This is an amusing channel I recently ran across: Irish people try....

I couldn't believe this one. They absolutely ADORE TGI Fridays. I'm not saying it's inedible food, but it's all made at some central factory and then microwaved. You might as well eat frozen tv dinners. :(

Other than peanut butter, there doesn't seem to be any American food they don't like, and they seem to particularly love the fast foods, like In and Out Burger etc.

I don't understand this cancer rate map for Europe. Anyone have any ideas?

WGIHPVB.png
[/IMG]

I don't understand this cancer rate map for Europe. Anyone have any ideas?

WGIHPVB.png
[/IMG]

Which type of cancer is it? Eurostat have maps for many types of cancer, but I couldn't find that one.

Which type of cancer is it? Eurostat have maps for many types of cancer, but I couldn't find that one.

Sorry, I should have copied the whole thing.

From the caption it seems to be total cancer rates, yes?

This is the site. After this map, they show lung and breast cancer. Also very interesting. Cigarette smoking and car fumes would be a factor in the former. For the latter I don't know.
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/stati...:Causes_of_death_statistics_at_regional_level

There are other maps for other diseases. I knew Italy would have a high rate for cardiovascular things. Part is salt intake but I think a lot is just genetic. Look at poor Otzi. :)

nculrtwtgim11.jpg

Sorry, I should have copied the whole thing.

From the caption it seems to be total cancer rates, yes?

This is the site. After this map, they show lung and breast cancer. Also very interesting. Cigarette smoking and car fumes would be a factor in the former. For the latter I don't know.
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/stati...:Causes_of_death_statistics_at_regional_level

There are other maps for other diseases. I knew Italy would have a high rate for cardiovascular things. Part is salt intake but I think a lot is just genetic. Look at poor Otzi. :)

nculrtwtgim11.jpg

This map shows the death rate from all types of cancer, not the cancer rate. That's very different. The statistics for the cancer rates from the World Cancer Research Fund paint a very different picture, with Ireland, Hungary, the Benelux, France and Scandinavia topping the cancer rates. Yet treatments are better in these countries (except Hungary) so mortality from cancer is lower. One of the main causes of cancer is alcohol consumption and there is some correlation. South Europeans drink less alcohol and get less cancer. Of course genetics, diet and stress level play a role too.

This thread has been viewed 86614 times.

Back