I've been wanting for years to know where my origins come from.

Finnall

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
S28 | R-U152
mtDNA haplogroup
X2 |Subclade X2c2
I would like to know where I came from, I did 2 DNA tests the first one with Myheritage, that its results were: Iberian, Scandinavian, Italian, Jewish Ashkenazi, North African and Central American. And the last in LivingDNA and its results were: Iberian, Northern Italy (although Switzerland and Austria were also selected on the map), Tuscany, Great Britain and Ireland and with a smaller percentage of Northern Turkey.

I would like to know where I come from, my paternal surname is of Germanic origin, according to the Visigoths, although it is also believed to come from ancient Upper Germany, which out of curiosity I informed myself and Austria, the German name that is Österreich, means "Eastern Empire" and also comes from the old High German.

I have many doubts and theories, I would really like to know where I come from but each database says different things and I do not know how to interpret them.

- Here I leave my last names if it serves as something in the search:

My father's last name is: Alfonso (Alphons in English). (It is said to be of Germanic origin)
My maternal surname is: Carrasco.

- My Y-DNA is R-U152 and my mtDNA is X2 subclass X2c2.

-Gedmatch kit number is Z956953

I do not know if it will contribute much, but I really wanted to discover where I have been since I was 12 years old, I always have theories and many doubts, when I charge the DNA results in other websites I get different results than I have, and I would really like know where I come from

Finnal. I would suggest you to upload your raw data into Family Tree DNA .I bet you will have similar results to Living DNA. If so you could ignore MyHeritage. Besides that you need to create a very strong Ancestry tree and go for it . I mean when a DNA testing company tell you or show you a place you will see a strong colored area and lighter areas. If it happen to be that your ancestors are from the light area instead of the strong colored area, it is fine that is the truth. We are just doing statistics here it requires additional information to make it true.

I doubt your origin is Visigoth if you are R-U152. The Visigoths' R1b would be U106; other Visigoth haplogroups are I1 and R1a. It would be much more likely that you would be descended from the Suevi, who came from an area of Germany that is rich in R-U152.

Thanks for the suggestion, however Family Tree DNA does not allow me to upload my DNA data I took in LivingDNA.

But the Suevi's are germanic tribes, and be supposed to R-U152 are celtic so... I am celto-germanic as you?

But the Suevi's are germanic tribes, and be supposed to R-U152 are celtic so... I am celto-germanic as you?
Might or might not, and it is only 2% of DNA. 98% looks Portuguese or West Iberian in general.

Ah, yes. I am autosomally Celto-Germanic, my mtdna is Irish in origin and was most likely picked up by the early Indo-Europeans when they invaded the Balkans, J1c's place of origin, and then carried by the Celts to the far corners of Europe. My Y-dna comes from the Polabian tribes the Franks invited to settle the Main River Valley. That was just to the north of where the Suevi came from, Swabia.

Joey37

my mtDNA I do not know its origin, I only know that it is found in Germany, Switzerland and Ireland.
According to Eupedia Haplogroup (mtDNA) X.

(I can't send Url's sorry)

LeBrok

It is true that the one that comes closest to me is Portugal, in my family before being in my city (which is a city that is close to Portugal) were in Portugal, however before going to Portugal they were somewhere else.

According to your list of percentages I also have approximately 30% of Northeast Europe. (I do not know if I interpreted it wrong, so I ask)

Brescia in Italy has the highest U152 to date (I think). In 402, the city was ravaged by the Visigoths of Alaric I. Then again it was repeatedly 'ravaged' by later peoples. I think the French did the latest major 'sacking'. Please excuse my ignorance on historical events, but when events like this occur are all the males wiped out and the lands then taken over by the victors?

I would like to know where I came from....

What do you mean were you came from? I gather you're from Spain, right?

You have two parents. Four grandparents. Each of your grandparents also have two parents, and so on. You do the math. A thousand years ago, in the middle ages, you have almost a million ancestors, who most likely came from all over Europe and the mediterranean.

You receive 50/50 % DNA from each you parents. Approximately 20-30% from each you grandparents and so on. But DNA doesn't divide infinitely. Which is why commercial DNA tests don't see more than a few hundred years back mostly. What it means is, that you will have loads of ancestors just 500 years back that you didn't inherit any particular DNA from, or the DNA tests can't pick it up anyway.

Also, remember commercial DNA tests aren't doing a full sequencing. It's just a rough sketch of what current populations your DNA resembles. If you want to know more about you ancestors, you have to do it the hard way, and do genealogical research.

I know everything about my al ancestors at least back to the 1800's, and in some cases much, much further back from genealogical research. For me personally, Living DNA gave me completely useless rubbish results that were 75% wrong. My heritage on the other hand was pretty correct. But they didn't tell me anything I didn't know - so yeah, also useless. Eurogenes K36 and K13 on Gedmatch is pretty good for europeans in my opinion, but same story as with My heritage of cause.

I would like to know where I came from, I did 2 DNA tests the first one with Myheritage, that its results were: Iberian, Scandinavian, Italian, Jewish Ashkenazi, North African and Central American. And the last in LivingDNA and its results were: Iberian, Northern Italy (although Switzerland and Austria were also selected on the map), Tuscany, Great Britain and Ireland and with a smaller percentage of Northern Turkey.

I would like to know where I come from, my paternal surname is of Germanic origin, according to the Visigoths, although it is also believed to come from ancient Upper Germany, which out of curiosity I informed myself and Austria, the German name that is Österreich, means "Eastern Empire" and also comes from the old High German.

I have many doubts and theories, I would really like to know where I come from but each database says different things and I do not know how to interpret them.

- Here I leave my last names if it serves as something in the search:

My father's last name is: Alfonso (Alphons in English). (It is said to be of Germanic origin)
My maternal surname is: Carrasco.

- My Y-DNA is R-U152 and my mtDNA is X2 subclass X2c2.

-Gedmatch kit number is Z956953

I do not know if it will contribute much, but I really wanted to discover where I have been since I was 12 years old, I always have theories and many doubts, when I charge the DNA results in other websites I get different results than I have, and I would really like know where I come from

I'm confused about your results, are you spanish? and do you know any back migration of your ancestors from the americas?

Halfalp

really that I know there was no migration back to America.

The only thing I know how far back is that from my father they were blond hair, fair skin, and clear eyes, and I was the only one in my family to be born blonde with green eyes, but the melanin started to darken my eyes and the hair and now my hair is dark brown or dark ash blond, because blond reflections are seen in my hair, but in the beautiful of my arms they are reddish, curious. Also that they were from Portugal, but in turn before Being in Portugal, they were from another place, that's what my father told me, which is what he does not know anymore.

But it's the only thing I know about my family, I could not find the family register or anything, mostly my family or dead or I do not have contact with them.

Rizla

You're right.
although my facial features are more germanic

Halfalp

really that I know there was no migration back to America.

The only thing I know how far back is that from my father they were blond hair, fair skin, and clear eyes, and I was the only one in my family to be born blonde with green eyes, but the melanin started to darken my eyes and the hair and now my hair is dark brown or dark ash blond, because blond reflections are seen in my hair, but in the beautiful of my arms they are reddish, curious. Also that they were from Portugal, but in turn before Being in Portugal, they were from another place, that's what my father told me, which is what he does not know anymore.

But it's the only thing I know about my family, I could not find the family register or anything, mostly my family or dead or I do not have contact with them.

But you said the following Iberian, Scandinavian, Italian, Jewish Ashkenazi, North African and Central American. So i'm pretty confused about those results, are they giving you Modern Populations with the same ancestry as yours or how is it working?

Halfalp.

That's why I did the MyHeritage DNA test and those were my results, then I did another DNA test with LivingDNA and my results were: Iberian, Northern Italy (Also selecting Switzerland and Austria), Tuscany, Great Britain and Ireland and with a lower percentage of the Caucasian North, then I put those results into the MyHeritage database and their results were different, as well as the first time I took the test (although honestly in the first test I did, the MyHeritage test did I did wrong, and that of LivingDNA well since I made sure that I did with LivingDNA and when I did it with MyHeritage I did it immediately) Returning to the issue of LivingDNA results in the MyHeritage database I came out Iberian, Italian, Scandinavian , North-West European and North African.

Each test says something different.

Halfalp.

That's why I did the MyHeritage DNA test and those were my results, then I did another DNA test with LivingDNA and my results were: Iberian, Northern Italy (Also selecting Switzerland and Austria), Tuscany, Great Britain and Ireland and with a lower percentage of the Caucasian North, then I put those results into the MyHeritage database and their results were different, as well as the first time I took the test (although honestly in the first test I did, the MyHeritage test did I did wrong, and that of LivingDNA well since I made sure that I did with LivingDNA and when I did it with MyHeritage I did it immediately) Returning to the issue of LivingDNA results in the MyHeritage database I came out Iberian, Italian, Scandinavian , North-West European and North African.

Each test says something different.

Well the LivingDNA one looks more accurate. You should ask the people of MyHeritage how the calculate their ancestry database.

Well the LivingDNA one looks more accurate. You should ask the people of MyHeritage how the calculate their ancestry database.

I actually have download my 23andme raw data im MyHeritage, i'm gonna tell you if my ancestry is different.

Halfalp

I will do in the future the one of 23andme. :)

This thread has been viewed 11627 times.

Back