Top 10 Nations which like and dislike Poland the most

I like Poland and every Pole I've ever met. But frankly, outside of Europe no one really notices Poland. (In fact, many people in larger Anglophone countries barely notice people on the other side of their own country.)

I find Polish women very beautiful. I also know of two Greeks who have married Polish wives.

Blacks and Muslims are untouchable. Poles are white, European and Christian, and thus fair game for criticism. You could say that they're the politically correct way to be politically incorrect.

Britain now has almost a million Polish residents. For that to happen in barely a decade-and-a-half is both bizarre and astounding. As is often pointed out, that is between two and four-times as many people as the number of Anglo-Saxons who are thought to have settled Britain in the sub-Roman period. There are towns such as Boston, a famous name to Americans of course, which are small and fairly irrelevant but also once homogenous and typically English. One in five citizens is now Polish. In other areas, such as the city of Kingston upon Hull (flattened in WWII, one of the most deprived places in Britain, and twice voted the worst place to live in the country) now have street after street of 'Polski Sklep'. Sometimes these don't even serve an actual community, but rather a nationality that functions much like the ship of Theseus. I.e. Poles come and go, but the Polish always remain. Many of these Poles are young men who speak no English, who act much like football hooligans abroad. Except, unlike foreign football hooligans, they don't leave at the end of the day. They loiter on the same street corners, tin of Tyskie in hand, drunkenly fighting and shouting mangled English phrases like 'I your eat pussy' at schoolgirls. It's hardly conducive to a healthy mingling of the natives and the incomers.

Alcuin, exactly the same Spaniards can feel against English all over Mediterranean coast of Spain: "they don't leave at the end of the day. They loiter on the same street corners, tin of Tyskie (nasty cheap wine or something) in hand, drunkenly fighting and shouting mangled English phrases like 'I your eat pussy' at schoolgirls. It's hardly conducive to a healthy mingling of the natives and the incomers".

Natives can always find reasons to reject strangers.

Now a large number of Ukrainians working in Poland. Ukrainians and Polyakov unites a lot.

I have interferred with people from Poland many times, as a tourist, as a coworker. When Im in Poland, I like the Polish. Nice openmindend and friendly pepole. When I meet polish here, Im a bit more reluctant and check their motivation first. Earn money.?Thats ok, scam and steal, not OK. I remember a sight back in 1990 when I crossed the German Polish border. There was an endless convoy of trucks with old agricultural and industrial machines creeping into the former east block. Waste from the west going to be refurbished and put to a second life.

This thread has been viewed 16399 times.

Back