Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: R-f2935

Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 8.0%

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

R-f2935

Hello, do you know what is the origin of R-F2935? I think it is a subclade of R-Z93 which is mostly Asian. I read though in eupedia that this subclade is European and Anatolian.

Three Friends1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun

Quote Originally Posted by xri34 View Post
    Hello, do you know what is the origin of R-F2935? I think it is a subclade of R-Z93 which is mostly Asian. I read though in eupedia that this subclade is European and Anatolian.
    According to Yfull it appears as the parent branch of a Turk, 2 Balkars from Russia, a Englishman and a Scott. I would say Scythian maybe. Then again who knows. Z93 was found in a Thracian burial but I believe it was basal and not connected to modern Z93. The other day a Greek user in the R1a groups turned out to be a basal clade under M420 and negative downstream. So hes R1a1* pretty ancient. Perhaps Proto-Greek, or Persian in his case(as this is believed where M420 originated).

Level

Actually, I received some days ago my 23andme results and the report informed me that my R-F2935 stems from R-M420 and its subclade R-M512. I suppose Scythian is possible but as a Greek I think that Proto-Greek or Thracian are possible as well.

Three Friends1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by xri34 View Post
    Actually, I received some days ago my 23andme results and the report informed me that my R-F2935 stems from R-M420 and its subclade R-M512. I suppose Scythian is possible but as a Greek I think that Proto-Greek or Thracian are possible as well.
    Anything is possible. It is old enough to theoretically be possible any ways. So far the only Thracian R1a so far that was found in a burial was Z93 under M417. The Z93 of this Thracian was not typical of modern Z93 so it may be typical to this Bronze Age Thracian sample.

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    F2935>BY32116/YP4768

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    According to Yfull it appears as the parent branch of a Turk, 2 Balkars from Russia, a Englishman and a Scott. I would say Scythian maybe. Then again who knows. Z93 was found in a Thracian burial but I believe it was basal and not connected to modern Z93. The other day a Greek user in the R1a groups turned out to be a basal clade under M420 and negative downstream. So hes R1a1* pretty ancient. Perhaps Proto-Greek, or Persian in his case(as this is believed where M420 originated).
    There's also a Ukrainian and a Spaniard. I'm the person of English descent you mentioned. There's another person of English descent (my closest match at FTDNA, separated by perhaps 1,000 ybp), who hasn't yet added his kit to YFull. How our possibly common ancestor got to England is a mystery, with some suggesting a Sarmatian origin. 5,500 Sarmatians were sent to England by the Romans in 175 C.E.

Also of interest is the fact that men who are F2935+ are the closest relatives of the R1a Ashkenazi Levites (R-CTS6), though not themselves of Jewish ancestry.

xri34 may want to take the Big Y-500 to learn more about his specific placement under R-F2935.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by Alphazip View Post
    There's also a Ukrainian and a Spaniard. I'm the person of English descent you mentioned. There's another person of English descent (my closest match at FTDNA, separated by perhaps 1,000 ybp), who hasn't yet added his kit to YFull. How our possibly common ancestor got to England is a mystery, with some suggesting a Sarmatian origin. 5,500 Sarmatians were sent to England by the Romans in 175 C.E.

Also of interest is the fact that men who are F2935+ are the closest relatives of the R1a Ashkenazi Levites (R-CTS6), though not themselves of Jewish ancestry.

xri34 may want to take the Big Y-500 to learn more about his specific placement under R-F2935.
    thats a good point. Forgot about that. Sarmatian origin seems more probable in this case.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alphazip View Post

This is very interesting! Sarmatian origin is very possible. It makes sense that people from Ukraine and Russia have Sarmatian haplogroup since their land was from north balkan untill Caucasus. Many Sarmatians were assimilated by Goths so F2935 probably arrived to Spanish by Visigoths.
    Last edited by xri34; 03-01-19 at 14:28.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Anything is possible. It is old enough to theoretically be possible any ways. So far the only Thracian R1a so far that was found in a burial was Z93 under M417. The Z93 of this Thracian was not typical of modern Z93 so it may be typical to this Bronze Age Thracian sample.
    This is the kit of the Thracian you were talking about, right? He is autosomally identical to the Proto-Indoeuropean from the steppes! I compared our kits at gedmatch and I found out that we share common DNA segments!