R1B Greek

dosas

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need some help to understand morleydna.com's results as they come up as

R1b1a2 [R1b-L265(R1b-M269,R1b-M520)].

I am Northern Greek, my paternal side's grandparents are Greek Thracians originating from Northeastern Thrace (Ortakio, currently Ivaylovgrad in Bulgaria).

I got those results after uploading myheritage's raw dna data file.

I have trouble understanding which one of the above R1bs is the most likely I've got and how it came to be, since the most common haplogroup of Greek people seems to be e1b1?

Thanks very much in advance.

Hello everyone,

I need some help to understand morleydna.com's results as they come up as

R1b1a2 [R1b-L265(R1b-M269,R1b-M520)].

I am Northern Greek, my paternal side's grandparents are Greek Thracians originating from Northeastern Thrace (Ortakio, currently Ivaylovgrad in Bulgaria).

I got those results after uploading myheritage's raw dna data file.

I have trouble understanding which one of the above R1bs is the most likely I've got and how it came to be, since the most common haplogroup of Greek people seems to be e1b1?

Thanks very much in advance.

The Balkans has had a pretty rough bout over history. The original Aurignacian (male) settlers were C-V20, almost competely wiped off the map nowadays. They were followed up by early I2/I(xM223/xM423) in the Gravettian, and an early offshoot of R1b-V88 in the later Gravettian period. At some point these hunter-gatherers were flooded and wiped out by combinations of Levantine and Anatolian farmers, comprising mostly of E-V13 or pre-V13 and G2-M406..and other branches of G2 and some J2 as well. These waves from the Middle east have been continuously coming, as well as some people from the western steppes, this is likely where your R1b comes in. Since then, the region has had a large influx of Slavic people from the north east (I2-M423 and R1a-M458) who were pushed out of their territory by Asiatic hordes.

R1b1a2 is R1b-V88, which is primarily found in the Middle East and Africa, and is a distant cousin to Steppe clades descended from R1b1a1a2, or R1b-M269.

This thread has been viewed 2952 times.

Back