Was Afontova Gora an ancestor of Afanasievo

helenmai

Reaction score
Seems like Afontova Gora has components of Malta with more WHG women. And afanasievo/yamna compose of AG with more WHG women, being related to especially R1a-93 people.
However, Okunevo has Malta gene with more siberian/East Asian, going forward to karasuk and iron age alati(schyian)
Thank!
Helen

There is a lack of early Holocene samples from Central Asia, which makes it difficult to assess whether it was Afontova Gora that contributed ancestry to the West Eurasians who would later expand eastwards. AG is the best proxy for now.

The latest models show that AG/Mal'ta themselves were likely a result of the mixing between an East Eurasian and a West Eurasian group. The models I've experimented with indicate that proximate Han & Mongol related groups aren't likely to be close to the source of this East Eurasian ancestry however. Instead it seems to be much more related to present day Malaysians and Indonesians.

There is a lack of early Holocene samples from Central Asia, which makes it difficult to assess whether it was Afontova Gora that contributed ancestry to the West Eurasians who would later expand eastwards. AG is the best proxy for now.

The latest models show that AG/Mal'ta themselves were likely a result of the mixing between an East Eurasian and a West Eurasian group. The models I've experimented with indicate that proximate Han & Mongol related groups aren't likely to be close to the source of this East Eurasian ancestry however. Instead it seems to be much more related to present day Malaysians and Indonesians.

Han & Mongol ( Sinodont ) Malaysians & Indonesians ( Sundadont ). I know it's not very the about, but it looks like Mongoloids ( sinodonts ) comparing to Protomongoloids ( Sundadonts ), so a differientation between East Asia proper and Southeast Asia ; have receive another imput that their southern counterpart didn't receive. Probably that Tianyuan, Mal'ta and AG because their archaism in genomic, are more related to modern southeast asians, than eastern asians. But then, what differentiate East Asians of Southeast Asians?

Han & Mongol ( Sinodont ) Malaysians & Indonesians ( Sundadont ). I know it's not very the about, but it looks like Mongoloids ( sinodonts ) comparing to Protomongoloids ( Sundadonts ), so a differientation between East Asia proper and Southeast Asia ; have receive another imput that their southern counterpart didn't receive. Probably that Tianyuan, Mal'ta and AG because their archaism in genomic, are more related to modern southeast asians, than eastern asians. But then, what differentiate East Asians of Southeast Asians?

That's the question, and I personally have no idea what differentiates those. I suspect the population history in South-East Asia might be complex due to the long human presence there. Tianyuan is I believe already closer to the Han, although his relatedness to East Eurasians is obviously broad in general due to how old he is.

Interesting distribution:

sinodont-sundadont+map.jpg

The presence of the Ainu so far north suggests to me that there could have been more Sundadonts before East Asia was settled by Han-like people in the Neolithic.

One thing I had forgotten to mention is that someone said that Baikal_Neolithic + WHG provides better fits for EHG than Afontova Gora + WHG. It would be an interesting venue to explore.

This thread has been viewed 4062 times.

Back