Contradictory maps of Yamnaya contribution to modern European populations

Could someone just confirm whether this model could be accurate for Bell Beaker?

Iron Gates + Cypriot + Sardinian + Corded Ware

Because that's what I would guess for Central Euro Bell Beakers (origin of Hunter-Gatherer M269 in the Balkans, L23 somewhere in West Asia (mixing with Chalcolithic Anatolian-like individuals), migration of pre-L51 to Iberia (mixing with EEF-like individuals) and then L51 to Central Europe (mixing with Corded Ware-like individuals)).

I prefer a pre-Yamnaya spread of L51 from northwestern Balkans-Pannonia due to the areal frequency of descendant clades, but that is also possible.

I think we cannot, in the actual stage of data, infer that BBs are just a mix of CW with something else; this something else is surely poor for CHG, and rich enough for WHG with a respectable amount of EEF; we don't know which was the CWlike part in the BB, purely foreign to CW or partly CW? (last = my option, through the wives); we cannot discard a Y-R1b-L51 as the rulers of the non-CW part of this CWlike pop, based upon the today relative distributions of R1b-L51, contrary to what ToBeOrNotToBe says - that said, I have no religion here: L51 could be east-central-European rather than steppic, wait and see; but I don't think the something else mentioned above came for the most from Iberia into northern BB (look at mt-DNA) even if the BB network brewed surrounding pops I think (uneasy to analyse in details) - the today distribution (we lack more ancient) of DF27, L21 and U152 does not support too much a SW towards NE L51 BB's expansion - the megalithic pop of Western Iberia (Y-I2a2 in a big part) was seemingly dense enough and I don't see a mediterranean maritime expansion of L51 at Chalcolithic taking the strong side upon them and moving them or rather their wives towards North and North-East - I think a part of the mix was made in Central Europe and later in Western post-megalithic Europe, without need of a big Iberian help - I can change my mind with more data and more intelligence maybe.

This thread has been viewed 13683 times.

Back