I2b in Iran

Cyrus

Banned
Reaction score
It seems haplogroup I2b has been observed just in Germany, Italy, Scotland and Iran, and according to Wikipedia, haplogroup I diverged from common ancestor IJ which has been found only in Iran. What is the relation between these two?

How about in Poland? Or to be precise: Silesia.
It seems haplogroup I2b has been observed just in Germany, Italy, Scotland and Iran, and according to Wikipedia, haplogroup I diverged from common ancestor IJ which has been found only in Iran. What is the relation between these two?

"I2b" is a very broad group, but specifically what you are referring to can be narrowed down.

I2-M223-M284 - western branch found in Atlantic Megalithic cultures. Likely hunter-gatherers who were neolithicized by Mediterranean farmers

I2-M223-L701/801 - Lines that have popped up in CWC and Yamnaya, but also makes an appearance in places like Pakistan and Iran. I suspect this is the line that is relevant to your question.

The divergence of IJ is very old and not all that important. It's like suggesting that YDNA K branched in SE Asian 50,000 years ago. Well yeah? So what, R didn't form there, so who cares. Likewise, YDNA I is for all intents and purposes a European line, not Middle Eastern.

He is talking about I2b, not I2a2a previously known as I2b.

I want to know I2 in Iran relates to a migration or an internal development (IJ>I>I2).

This thread has been viewed 11418 times.

Back