Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-S185
mtDNA haplogroup
U5b2b
The Kingdom of Sicily was a pre-unitary italian state created in 1130 by Roger II and deleted in 1816 by Ferdinand III of Bourbon.
It had one of the most ancient parliaments of the world, and most of Hautevilles and Hohenstaufen are buried in the Cathedral of Palermo, while the Sicilian-Aragonese dinasty in the Cathedral of Catania. It had significant expansion especially with Roger II who conquered mainland central-south Italy, who after Sicilian vespers of 1282 become an independent Kingdom known today as Kingdom of Naples, and North Africa from Annaba to Tripoli. In 1300 Frederick III, descendent of Roger II and Frederick II, had sovereignty in Athens and Neopatras. After 1415 lost his own dinasty and become in personal union with Iberian's monarchies.
bd5c00672cde5b4254a324db2148c5d1.jpg

Inviato dal mio MYA-L11 utilizzando Tapatalk

There are some issues because Robert the Guiscard was never king or Sicily but duke of Puglia. Sicily was ruled by his brother Ruggero I the great count. The first king or Sicily was the son of Ruggero I, Ruggero II. Cephalonia was conquered by Guglielmo II the nephew of Ruggero II.

Ruggero II crowned ad king of Sicily in 1130 in the capital Palermo.
8ba4ce76eb23473fce11efe605d78294.jpg

This thread has been viewed 4648 times.

Back